It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help my cat keeps crapping in the sink!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

originally posted by: diggindirt
The only other suggestion I can think of is to cover the sink with plastic wrap. A friend of mine had a cat who did her business in the sink a few times. The plastic wrap over the sink worked in that case.

Might be best not to give the cat any ideas...

Sorry

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here. The plastic wrap covers the sink and the cat won't walk on it because it isn't stable enough to hold their weight. It creates a barrier to the place they want to "go" so they'll find another spot. In this case, if a litter box that isn't offensive to them is handy, they will use the box rather than the sink. That's why I suggested trying shredded paper instead of commercial litter. The commercial litter sometimes has scents that some cats just can't stand or they don't like the texture of clay litter getting between their toes or some other reason only a cat knows.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I keep my cats inside and they both use the litter box. And guess what, they are not prisoners either, they are loved members of the family.

The OP has stated they let their cat outside, the problem likely doesn't have anything to do with your statement.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
Cats that aren't allowed outside certainly fit the prisoner description to me, just a nicer prison than others. They are not free cats, but keep telling yourself that if you like.
Oh and the OP 'lets them out' while my cat lets herself out when she wants a poo, massive difference.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

cats have staff,I prefer cats!

Be a slave then, at least I get to be a part time master

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Reading it again I can see how obscure my post was.

I just had a vision of the cat toddling off to the kitchen and purloining a roll of cling film, determined to cover over the loo in an act of revenge.

It's just my silly sense of humour. Probably read too many comics when I was a kid.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike
Gotcha!

I often wonder what they could accomplish if they had opposable thumbs!

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: berenike
Gotcha!

I often wonder what they could accomplish if they had opposable thumbs!

If they had opposable thumbs, bang goes their excuse for enslaving humans.

When they started yowling for their dinner we'd be saying "Go and open the tin yourself, you lazy lil furball. What d'ya think yer thumbs are for?"

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
well im happy to say the lemons worked and there have been no accidents in the sink however my cat just went on a small carpet of mine today.

im just so frustrated i dont know what else i can do...

both my cats are litter box trained. however when i had the litter box inside they would use it so much and start crapping on top not covering it that it was horrible and filled the whole entire house with the smell of feces totally defeating the purpose.

thats why i wanted them to learn to go outside and its only been half successful with 1 out of 2 of my cats actually going outside all of the time.

ive tossed out 1 nice cat bed, 2 beautiful rugs, 3 bath mats, its ridiculous at this point.

and to anyone that thinks i have my cats as prisoners thats bizarre they are outside probably 75% or more of the day the rest they come in to eat and sleep in the warm bed.

it rains nearly every day here. its cold. if i try to leave them outside they will yowl to come in. so i am really doing my best. i wish my cat could be taken to training to figure it out! but there is no such thing here!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I already told you to use my methods now make your kitty sniff that crap on the carpet for 2 to 3 seconds she will fight back a bit but It will never again.I'm trying to help

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

If the cat depends solely on you to 'let' her out then that makes you her prison guard...my cat doesn't even know what a litter box is. She is a free cat.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
OP, it occurred to me that kitty might be marking territory. Selective placement of their waste is a way for them to do this. As to why they may be marking territory, that's up for debate. Has there been any changes around the house recently? Something new added, or something old removed? Someone move in or out?

It could also be stress, but it seems more likely that it's territorial. And probably not aimed at you, for what it's worth. It could be a pecking order dispute between the cats.

originally posted by: grainofsand

If the cat depends solely on you to 'let' her out then that makes you her prison guard...my cat doesn't even know what a litter box is. She is a free cat.

We get it, you don't like the aspect of having pets. Have some respect -- quit trolling the OP & leave. The pet forum is obviously not the place for you.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
I listen to mod advice not members lol

edit on 29.12.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I don't know if this is helpful because it pertains more to dogs but, apparently, if they are told off for relieving themselves in an inappropriate place (peeing or crapping) they think it is the actual act they are in trouble for, not the place they chose to do it.

That's why you can take a dog for a walk and it won't 'go' but it will wait until you get back indoors and then relieve itself when you're not looking.

Perhaps the cat thinks she is in trouble for defecating and hasn't realised the place she chose is wrong. Does she make sure you're not around when she does it?

For a short while could you take up all rugs and small mats and put newspapers down? The abandoned cat I mentioned in my first post used some newspaper I left down after the incident in the bath, so I believe they're naturally clean animals and will co-operate if they can.

I don't know if rewards work with cats but, if you see her 'going' in the right place perhaps try giving her a treat.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

both my cats are litter box trained. however when i had the litter box inside they would use it so much and start crapping on top not covering it that it was horrible and filled the whole entire house with the smell of feces totally defeating the purpose.

I took a chance and Googled 'self cleaning litter trays' and they actually make them

Here's one example, which I hope isn't a joke. I'm not scientifically minded and you could convince me of just about anything:

www.catgenie.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

I took a chance and Googled 'self cleaning litter trays' and they actually make them

Here's one example, which I hope isn't a joke. I'm not scientifically minded and you could convince me of just about anything:

www.catgenie.co.uk...

wow that looks pretty complex haha but it seems effective!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

My cats do go outside on the back patio area and scratch at the door when they want in, otherwise they're inside only. According to you, guess I should just let my cats run wild in the streets and hope they don't get squished on the super busy street outside my house. Or they could join all the strays outside and get some kind of disease and in to lots of daily fights. We are talking about domesticated cats, they're not wild animals. Would you let your dog just run the streets?
edit on 29-12-2015 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Bit lame arguing that cats are the same as dogs lol, I'm actually shocked someone starred you for that.

edit on 30.12.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

a reply to: tigertatzen
Cats are not like children, only people who have no children would say something so ridiculous.

Perhaps yuou would benefit from rereading and not being quite so literal. What I said was that cats are like children in regard to the fact that they do not all develop at the same pace. It'd be great if you'd refrain from making assumptions when it is you who apparently cannot comprehend simple colloquial speech. My childlessness or complete opposite thereof is really none of your concern, nor is it in any way relevant to this topic. Keep the personal and unfounded attacks out of here, please and thank you.

edit on 31174America/ChicagoFri, 01 Jan 2016 04:17:48 -060031am310America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
So you agree then, aside from developmental considerations, cats are nothing like children.
Be butt hurt if you like but folk in the pets forum make out like their animals have equal status to their children often, and yes that is ridiculous.

edit on 1.1.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join