It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

latest Hoverboard Attempt: The Arca Board

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What energy? What do you think the term superconductive means?

I was going on that whole little technical word "became"

Where is the energy in that pencil on my desk?

In the pencil? Is your pencil a superconductor? If not it is just sitting there with potential energy.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I was going on that whole little technical word "became"
You didn't answer my question. What do you think superconductivity means? Why would a room temperature superconductor emit energy?

If not it is just sitting there with potential energy.
As well as some thermal energy. Like the bit of ceramic which was induced to become superconductive.

edit on 12/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

As well as some thermal energy

No, your pencil doesn't radiate thermal energy, only potential energy. Unless it's moving.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You didn't answer my question. What do you think superconductivity means? Why would a room temperature superconductor emit energy?

I have to ask this first, was it superconductive or did it become superconductive. It's very relevant.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

No, your pencil doesn't radiate thermal energy, only potential energy. Unless it's moving.
Potential energy is not radiated.
Everything above absolute zero radiates thermal energy.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
It became superconductive.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Potential energy is not radiated.
Everything above absolute zero radiates thermal energy.

So a pencil supplies thermal energy when just sitting there?

I'm going to make a pencil power-plant on this notion.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

It became superconductive.

So energy was transferred. Where are the specifics?

Oh wait, it was just superconductive at room temperature according to this non-peer-reviewed paper. Got it.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

So a pencil supplies thermal energy when just sitting there?
Everything above absolute zero emits thermal energy.

I'm going to make a pencil power-plant on this notion.
Good luck with that.

So energy was transferred.
It was?

Oh wait, it was just superconductive at room temperature according to this non-peer-reviewed paper. Got it.
Actually, Nature does peer review and is a quite prestigious journal.
www.nature.com...

Please, what do you think superconductivity means?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Please, what do you think superconductivity means?

A really efficient mean of energy transfer?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
What kind of energy?
What makes it efficient?

edit on 12/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

depends on the energy put into it, hence the whole conservation thing.

Also, does a pencil contain both thermal and potential energy?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

depends on the energy put into it

No.
Superconductivity refers specifically to electricity. It is a state in which electrical resistance goes to zero.

Also, does a pencil contain both thermal and potential energy?
Yes.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

www.nature.com...

Do you have a free version of the review?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Superconductivity refers specifically to electricity.

Yes specifically the transfer of it.

How can a pencil be 2 states of energy simultaneously?

Thermal energy is a force, potential energy is a force. The two are not allowed to exist simultaneously. Unless you have disproved Einstein that is.
edit on 25-12-2015 by Vector99 because: details

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Lets also expand on superconductivity, and what it is.

For an object to be superconductive, it must transfer energy 100% efficiently.

Lets look further into the claim of room-temperature superconductivity, and the reality of it.

even though this new, record-breaking temperature is still very cold

So we can establish this didn't happen at "room-temperature". Cold on earth can be as low as −89.2 °C. That is the "room temperature" we are establishing for this strictly scientific display.

The actual feat was established at a critical temperature of minus 94 F (minus 70 C).

So we can look now into this as ground-breaking right! Wait, there's a catch to the lower "room-temperatures" needed. A LOT of pressure, on the magnitude of creating diamonds.

So, did we achieve superconductivity at room temperature?

The answer is an astounding hell no

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Sorry.. what a load of crap.. It took me exactly 0.237 seconds to recognise the BS behind the pimped presentation. My suspision fell into place when this one guy said.. "we wanted to have it a friendly familiar shape". Yeah..sure.. a friendly familiar shape is a rectangle. And then there is the music..trying to give the product a silver lining..as if it came down as a present of the gods.

Anyways.. the filming of the filming of the first steps will go into history like the first flight of the Wright brothers. NOT !!

edit on 25/12/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: wildb

First of all, it is important to understand the difference between a magnet, and a concentration of mass, therefore gravity.

Although we have a magnetosphere, for which we are all very grateful I would hope, the effect of that magnetism is not strong enough at ground level to be utilised by a method of transportation. Put another way, magnets do not stick to, or get repelled away from, the ground itself, and there is no advance, no science coming on stream which even seeks to change that, let alone having a hope in hell of actually doing so at this point.

Now, it is true that GRAVITY sticks us to the ground, and unfortunately for prospects associated with the sort of technology you are looking to see, we also have NO proven ability to counteract that force, with any but the most brute force, and least intellectually interesting methods. Rockets, jets, fans, rotors... No exotic physics is ever involved with any of the technologies we have access to, which involve shrugging off the bonds of gravity, and until we have something far more interesting than those tried and tested methods, we will not be seeing a hoverboard which will meet your expectations for some considerable time, perhaps more than our lifetimes.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Absolute zero in theory equals zero mass

I must have tuned into weird science theater 2015. I bet that is why planet X can zip through the solar system and have no effect on the orbits of the planets. Great for reducing shipping cost. When your package arrives, just add heat. I bet this is how the flat rate postal system works.

edit on 12/25/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
We do have a super conductor that can function at room temperature. We all do. It's called DNA. Today, it can actually be applied to technology. Now all you need is some company to apply the correct Sacred Geometry to its design, and "grows a pair" to stand up to the M.I.C., maybe you'll see a consumer version of Anti-G on the market.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join