It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

latest Hoverboard Attempt: The Arca Board

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
No, doll. That's a hoverboard. What is a hooverboard? I figured it had something to do with a Hoover vacuum. They suck. They're designed to.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Oh! lol. I hate when I misspell a word. Hoverboard, it is, then.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
No big deal. I see that one a lot. I wouldn't have even made the joke about it but it was set up so well that I couldn't hold back.

It does really suck that we don't have that hoverboard from the movie yet.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: wildb

We know magnets repel each other when polarities conflict right? We also know the earth is basically a giant magnet. Electro-magnetic forces can repel earth's natural gravity, but it takes a lot of power.

Earth's magnetic field is very weak - in amounts of micro-Tesla. An MRI machine is 3 or 4 Tesla, with the hazard that anything magnetic gets accelerated like a projectile.

But if you can get something to polarize the space-time around it (like a magnetic field), and then quickly reverse that polarization, then you could get some sort of propulsion.

This board looks cool, but I would be worried about getting my hands stuck in any of those propellers.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

But if you can get something to polarize the space-time around it (like a magnetic field), and then quickly reverse that polarization, then you could get some sort of propulsion.

That's what I was saying. Making things really cold does just that.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

That's what I was saying. Making things really cold does just that.

It polarizes space-time? Wow.
Can you provide a source for this information? But first, can you explain what polarization is?
edit on 12/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Quite a good effort, but I think it would give the rider five mins . of hover time before a recharge.

Yeh I just checked its three to six mins. flying time. It needs a super light two stroke rotary engine.
edit on 25-12-2015 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I know what polarization is. Also, if I'm wrong about things you could take the time to explain why rather than just saying "you're wrong" and posting a link. It's not required, but if you want me to learn, it would be appreciated.

I'm not college educated, but I'm not stupid. I can admit when I'm wrong, but I'd like to know why I'm wrong.

I was suggesting a supercooled magnet could theoretically use earth's natural magnetic properties as a repellant. It's a theory of my own, formed by quantum levitation.

If you care to explain how that couldn't work, I'm all ears.

*ADD - Couple links why I think it could work
link 1
link 2
link 3
edit on 26-12-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
kick flip that thing down a 20 stair.
edit on 26-12-2015 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
kick flip that thing down a 20 stair.

That seriously might be the worst idea I've ever heard...or the best. Better pull at least a triple

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

yeah ill stick with my skateboard for now.

but that looks like the best attempt yet in my opinion... way better than the magnetic one you need to ride on metal, or the other lexus thing that doesn't look like it can turn at all.

needs a little work on the aesthetics which I'm sure they will do, but that thing is hovering for sure. seems like it's possible to turn it as well

Bottom line, if that thing doesn't work at least as good as a snowboard, surf board, or skateboard, it's not gonna catch on.
edit on 26-12-2015 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: wildb

First of all, it is important to understand the difference between a magnet, and a concentration of mass, therefore gravity.

Although we have a magnetosphere, for which we are all very grateful I would hope, the effect of that magnetism is not strong enough at ground level to be utilised by a method of transportation. Put another way, magnets do not stick to, or get repelled away from, the ground itself, and there is no advance, no science coming on stream which even seeks to change that, let alone having a hope in hell of actually doing so at this point.

Now, it is true that GRAVITY sticks us to the ground, and unfortunately for prospects associated with the sort of technology you are looking to see, we also have NO proven ability to counteract that force, with any but the most brute force, and least intellectually interesting methods. Rockets, jets, fans, rotors... No exotic physics is ever involved with any of the technologies we have access to, which involve shrugging off the bonds of gravity, and until we have something far more interesting than those tried and tested methods, we will not be seeing a hoverboard which will meet your expectations for some considerable time, perhaps more than our lifetimes.

With this reply I take it that you do not belief that we are visited on this planet by other than intelligent human beings who fly machines with most likely anti gravity capabillities. That you do not think that governments have retrieved and back engineerd such crashed flying machines. Because if you do you can expect that those in power have figured it out and keep that technology for several reasons for themselves.

With other words...if you believe in UFOs it is most likely that such technology is available and know to human kind. If you do not bel;ieve in UFOs there is still the possibillity that we have this technology figured out ourselves but kept from the public for those same Obvious reasons.

If you do not belief in that conspiracy..you are absolutely right.. mery Christmas to you true brit

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

You will note that in my reply, I mentioned technology that we have access to.

Since black tech is not within our grasp, it is irrelevant. Only information which is known in detail and can lead to independent experimentation which reproduces a set of results with some degree of reliability, is relevant to this discussion.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
What if we get a skateboard, cover the top of it with Neodymium magnets. Grab the Lexus superconductor board and put it on top of the magnet covered board.

Lo and behold, a hover board that can go anywhere a regular skateboard can go, no special magnetic skate parks.

Now I have an idea to get it to go on water as well, get a hover craft and cover it in Neodymium magnets.....

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I know what polarization is.
Then maybe you can explain the concept of very low temperatures polarizing spacetime, which is what you said happens.

I was suggesting a supercooled magnet could theoretically use earth's natural magnetic properties as a repellant. It's a theory of my own, formed by quantum levitation.

If you care to explain how that couldn't work, I'm all ears.
I did. Here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You also could have actually read your sources. I did.

There are two things about the Earth’s magnetic field which makes this effect much smaller. For one, the field is very weak at the surface (about a gauss or less).

The Earth’s magnetic field does not change rapidly enough from place to place to levitate even a superconductor.
van.physics.illinois.edu...
edit on 12/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join