It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil is it ground zero for a child killing GMO virus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I was reading this recent news.

Brazil declares emergency after 2,400 babies are born with brain damage, possibly due to mosquito-borne virus

www.washingtonpost.com... o-mosquito-borne-virus/?wprss=rss_health-science

and was remembering this story.

Brazil To Unleash Genetically Modified Mosquitoes
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now I am wondering did one situation create the other? I am sure that lots can be said to obscure any correlation but I am left wondering, what if. Why did I sense this pattern so quickly? Was there a sub-contextual clue? If the 2 stories end up being linked I will not be surprised.

edit on 12pm2015-12-23T22:21:27-06:00102112America/Chicago211231 by machineintelligence because: proof read fail

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Those poor families.

I would venture to say that when they unleashed the GMO mosquitoes they had no clue as to what the ramifications would be. It would not surprise me in the least to find out these tragic scenarios are some of them.

There are elements within the scientific community that are beyond dangerous. The promote GMO as if it is safe and pioneering a new way, however simply looking at what the food has done here in America is enough to raise serious concerns.

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmWednesday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You may very well have connected some dots. Very interesting, and IMO logical, theory. Just know that if you are correct, there are factions that would not want those dots connected.

In any case, you heard it here first, folks!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Big problem with the theory is the Zika virus was first identified in 1947.

... oh, and the modified Mosquitos are males, which do not bite.

edit on 23-12-2015 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Encephalitis has been around long before GMO came along:

encephalitis.in...

www.emedicinehealth.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Just to stir the pot a little (since I don't exactly buy into the Bill Gates World-Popularion Control conspiracy myself)...some people might find it interesting that his foundation supposedly helped finance the GMO mosquito project. Since he allegedly advocates for population reduction and control, it's interesting that Zika helps with population control in 2 ways. 1 - The most obvious way is actually causing brain damage in developing babies...and 2 - Brazil just openly warned parents to put off pregnancy because of the epidemic, so families COULD be scared into birth control.

They were first released in Grand Cayman...so it might be interesting to see if Zika or any other virus has spread there.

Hopefully there is no connection especially considering the GMO mosquitoes might be released in Florida because of the spread of viruses due to infestation of non-native mosquito species accidentally introduced there.

PS - While the virus and/or condition may have been around a while, it could still mean something about the GMO mosquitoes is causing the Zika to spread easily from them. I'm no expert, but if the purpose of them was to reduce mosquito-born diseases, it's interesting that this other disease is now popping up in larger numbers. Maybe the other diseases balanced out something at kept it down...who knows yet.

Anyway, I'm going to call them GMOsquitoes now.
edit on 23-12-2015 by BarefootInWinter because: PS

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
hmmm!

I would have to think that the GMO Mosquitoes had something to do with it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Zima, remember this name. Usually these new infections I read don trigger much alarm for me. But reading about Zika, I don't know it has mm spidery senses tingling and I am not so certain how safe we are. For some reason, I feel like the may be a 21st century Spanish flu pandemic proportions potential here. Everyone should Be keeping an eye on this.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

no but they do mate with the females who need blood to germinate the fertilized eggs. The Gene of the GMO Males could cause something to change in the female, which it is supposed to do and they are just saying it is Zika and it may be the Zika modification of the male that helps to kill off the malaria virus caused by the Protozoa that cause the virus, could be mutated form of malaria Falsipharum is a brain killing Malaria it literally attacks the Cerebral cortex.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

The thing is -

- my understanding of the way this 'program' works, is that the modified mosquitos carry a gene which cause their male offspring to die before reaching sexual maturity, thus reducing the 'next generation' both by their deaths and the lack of potential mating opportunities for females...

...the problem is, what about the female offspring of the GMO mosquitos?

What if something about the paternal genetic modification causes these female offspring to be more susceptible to contracting, carrying, and transmitting the Zika virus?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BarefootInWinter

They were first released in Grand Cayman...so it might be interesting to see if Zika or any other virus has spread there.

I checked...and though it says the is no cause for alarm, Cayman Island just updated an alert about Zika spreading earlier this month.
www.hsa.ky...
edit on 23-12-2015 by BarefootInWinter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BarefootInWinter

If I am not mistaken they too wanted to introduce the modified mosquito into their islands to end Malaria.

I am beginning to see a pattern.I hope nations like the Philippines and Malaysia will hold off until this plays out.
edit on 24-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious
Big problem with the theory is the Zika virus was first identified in 1947.

... oh, and the modified Mosquitos are males, which do not bite.

Haven't you seen Jurassic Park? The modified mosquitos were males...what if they bred or mutated?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

The pathogen, known as Zika and first discovered in forest monkeys in Africa over 70 years ago, is the new West Nile -- a virus that causes mild symptoms in most but can lead to serious neurological complications or even death in others.

www.washingtonpost.com... o-mosquito-borne-virus/
Mosquitoes carry all kinds of nasties.

The GM mosquitoes were released in Brazil starting last year...so...no. The GM mosquitoes did not cause the problem. It's the non GM ones that are the problem.

In 2007, it infected nearly three-quarters of Yap Island's 11,000 residents. In 2013, Zika showed up in Tahiti and other parts of French Polynesia and was responsible for making an estimated 28,000 people so ill they sought medical care. It arrived in Brazil in May, where tens of thousands have fallen ill.

edit on 12/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I think when you try and genetically re-engineering pestilence it can come back to bight you. Introduction of Chimera into the wild is best done with an abundance of caution to say the least.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
5 minutes of fact checking would show the 2 are almost certainly not linked.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
If this new mosquito's don't mate with female, it is highly possible genetics of female will go crazy.

Imagine if one or more female human generations don't have males to mate, how crazy they will be. No male for 80years.

Now imagine if there are females without vagina, how many illnesses will that breed. How crazy would human males go.

There would be diseases to end the world.

I think same thing goes with mosquito's, only they generations change really fast, like a week or so. So it is highly possible this mosquito's change to adopt or they just went crazy because they can't mate.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: saadad

This comment spells out one of my chief concerns. What about hermaphrodite mosquitoes generated by the stress of this experimental setup? What might happen not expected is the common thread of concern for me. Why do experiments like this receive approval considering these risks unless some unspoken agenda is being worked out on the unsuspecting public?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

What about hermaphrodite mosquitoes generated by the stress of this experimental setup?

You really think that lack of sex partners will turn an animal into a hermaphrodite? How does that work? They grow gamete producing organs spontaneously?

Why do experiments like this receive approval considering these risks unless some unspoken agenda is being worked out on the unsuspecting public?

You mean the risk of horny mosquitoes? Seriously?
edit on 12/29/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What about hermaphrodite mosquitoes generated by the stress of this experimental setup?

You really think that lack of sex partners will turn an animal into a hermaphrodite? How does that work? They grow gamete producing organs spontaneously?

And you think that hermaphrodite animals are here for fun or so we can have fun laughing at them.

I don't understand why it is so hard to think out if box. Main reason for all life is to reproduce. When you take that away from them you are playing god and this life can turn to dead. I m sure that in Brazil not only humans suffer from thus mosquito's. There are most probably other animals that suffer from this.

So if someone is interested or know about that, please write here.

P.s. if you do thus to humans, humans would nuke the world three times to make sure this suffering of not being able to reproduce stop.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join