It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil is it ground zero for a child killing GMO virus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

And you think that hermaphrodite animals are here for fun or so we can have fun laughing at them.
No. I think the idea that animals will turn into hermaphrodites because they don't have sex is funny.

P.s. if you do thus to humans, humans would nuke the world three times to make sure this suffering of not being able to reproduce stop.
Wait. You feel sorry for the mosquitoes? You think the humans getting malaria and other deadly diseases from them are less important than the sex life of mosquitoes? I hate mosquitoes.
edit on 12/30/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I m not talking about sex. I m talking about reproduction.

I m saying that mosquito's made other animals in Brazil suffer. Not only humans.

If you f*** with mother nature, mother will bite you. It was proven so many times in history and we humans learned nothing.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I m not talking about sex. I m talking about reproduction.

This is what you said:

So it is highly possible this mosquito's change to adopt or they just went crazy because they can't mate.

I m saying that mosquito's made other animals in Brazil suffer. Not only humans.
Well, you didn't before but you did now. Yes, mosquitoes are bad. I hate mosquitoes.

If you f*** with mother nature, mother will bite you. It was proven so many times in history and we humans learned nothing.
Well, we learned that spraying mosquitoes with DDT is not really a good idea even though it worked pretty well. So what do you think? Just let people and animals get sick and die from mosquito carried diseases? Is that your solution?

This method may reduce mosquito populations in a way which will not harm the environment. This thread is based on nothing but ignorance. This has nothing to do with a "GMO virus." It is simply a better method of pest control. Pests which cause human suffering on a huge scale.

edit on 12/30/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Well the answer is in one of my post above. You mess with nature, then better be ready to accept consequences. In that environment probably lacks mosquito predators, frogs, birds, bats and others. Probably because people destroyed swamp, caves, forests.

Now instead of fixing that we are going to mess more with mother nature. I just say, be ready because more nasty things will come out from this.

And no, mosquito's are not problem, humans are problem. It is not mosquito who spreads disease, humans spread them. They affected mosquito

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
They just released gmo mozzies
Here in Australia not long ago
We have a few bad viruses
I have had one for almost 20 years
No cure
Joint pain and tiredness
Mostly
When I first had it I was paralyzed
From the neck down
The gmo mozzies may have caused
An increase in infections
Or there is a mad scientist
With a hatred of humans

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

It is not mosquito who spreads disease, humans spread them.

No. Malaria is only transmitted by mosquitoes. Dengue is only transmitted by mosquitoes. Zika is transmitted only by mosquitoes. None of these diseases are passed from human to human.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

You didn't understand me. We humans mess with mosquito's direct or indirect and that created disease.

Mosquito's spreading the disease is mother nature way of bringing nature to balance.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

We humans mess with mosquito's direct or indirect and that created disease.

False. The diseases were here long before humans messed with anything.
Malaria, Dengue, Zika. All of them.

edit on 12/31/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

And once again I agree with you. I didn't say humans mess produced disease. Disease got out of the hand because we humans interfere.

I m not English native speaker, so when I say created I was meaning created the problem, not created the actual disease since I believe all this viruses known an unknown are here on earth longer than we are. Now we just wait that someone activates them or let say reactivate.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Disease got out of the hand because we humans interfere.

No. Diseases have been controlled by human intervention. Smallpox is gone, for example, because of human "interference."

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Smallpox are gone aids is born. Come on, you know how this game is played. You defeat one disease new is born...

And every time this happens humans have they dirty finger direct or indirect involved.

I was thinking that everybody knows this and that this is the fact... Can't believe you are saying that we humans are doing great things to mother nature and life around us.

Man, we don't even care for other people around us, just look at all that poverty all that wars. So don't say that humans are great, we are not. We have so much room to improve.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Smallpox are gone aids is born. Come on, you know how this game is played. You defeat one disease new is born...

Diseases change. It's called evolution. Viruses have short life cycles and can change rapidly. They did so before there were humans and will continue to do so even if humans are wiped out by an asteroid strike.

People travel more and more. Places where diseases were isolated are no longer isolated. So yes, in that regard, some diseases which only affected small groups of people now reach other groups of people. So, someone bitten by an infected mosquito in Africa flies to Brazil where a mosquito there bites him and a disease spreads in a place where it had never been.

Can't believe you are saying that we humans are doing great things to mother nature and life around us.
I didn't say that. Humans are very good at messing things up. That doesn't make diseases though, and killing mosquitoes doesn't either.

So don't say that humans are great, we are not.
I didn't. I said I hate mosquitoes. You on the other hand, seem to hate humans.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I didn't. I said I hate mosquitoes. You on the other hand, seem to hate humans.

I hate mosquitoes as well. Perhaps my hatred borders on pathological. If one is in my house and I am aware of it I can not rest until it is dead. I have learned the habits and survival tactics of the species and am expert at dispatching them.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Phage I see where you are coming from but I believe this thread has some merit to it. The point it seems that saadad is making is that there is potential that these experiments could do more harm than good and that a little transparency and further controlled testing would be wise before "playing god" so to speak. Which is exactly what we are doing when we genetically modify organisms. Period. I do think that your logical approach to this topic is lacking in some basic principles. Just because testing hasn't produced a particular negative result in controlled environments does not mean that the same testing in the real world can not lead to a chain of events that destroy entire ecosystems to a point of where it can not be repaired. It is entirely possible even with years of testing with no negative results.

And to the topic of hermaphrodite mosquitos. While I don't think that reducing the reproductive abilities of a particular organism would cause a reproductive change overnight, I do see the possibility of evolution taking over to ensure that these mosquitos are able to reproduce and continue the circle of life and over thousands or millions of years then maybe sexual organs could change and the process of reproduction changes in the species to ensure they continue to exist. But that's only if we don't destroy the entire species into extinction first.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join