It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for someone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS. I have a simple, straight to the point question. I'm trying to find info out about somebody I may or may not be related to. The only info I have is the persons name. Do any of you know better ways to go about tracking someone, or simply finding out more info on them? I have no ill intentions in this matter, It's a family member I believe I have. How ever, I don't think they know I exist. This is something I've been wondering for years and I have enough evidence to know that this person does in fact exist. Any tips, pointers, or links would be greatly appreciated.

-slaps

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Are you in UK?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

This link and this link are pretty good starts.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

did you just find out you were adopted?? The first resource may be Facebook, then ancestry.com and so on. Also have you ever seen the person, as in do you know what they physically look like or were you simply given a name?? if just a name, things will become really difficult, and may lead to alot of false positives. if you can afford it, I recommend private investigators. They are notoriously successful at gathering intelligence.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: errorcode

No, i'm in 'murica

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Funny. Google, and Bing. Never would have guessed.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Perhaps. As far as social media goes this (ATS) is the closest I get to it. I have only a name and a few potential cities where they may live. Other than that, nada.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Fb and ancetry or even people finder
Good luck with your search, i wish you all the best

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
Funny. Google, and Bing. Never would have guessed.

There is not one person I have not be able to track down with either of those. Considering they aggregate much of what is on the web that is the best place to start.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I understand that. The issue though, is there are over 100 people with the same name. With only a name and a possible state of residency, it gives me little to go on.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Start with their home town if known. Try using their middle name if known. Look for sites that tie them to relatives if known. Etcetera.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You have a point. If anyone has ever had a credit card, their name will show up through a google search on a myriad of those background check sites. I frequently check mine, being as I have a unique surname in this country. I see my previous addresses are shown, but not my new one hahaha. I always try to stay a step ahead of the internet, but the moment you attach your name to any credit cards or loan application, that information will eventually go through a chain of resells until it ends up on these websites that just auto purchase it in bulk.

You will need to refine your search with a city to go with the name, or you will likely be searching forever.

Thats where you have to start. Go through those names and use powers of deductions. These investigations are never quick, and take lots of time and effort.
edit on 23-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I get it.
When I began looking for my birth family, many moons ago, they had relatively common names.

I had people who knew them though and had just lost touch...hard to explain.

There are a lot of adoption databases. If that's the situation in which you find yourself looking for someone.
Some states have their own.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It would be a laborious process, but if you have the name and possibly a city perhaps checking the phone book would be a start?

It depends how much you want to find the person, I suppose. Some people might be prepared to make 100 phone calls others wouldn't.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

It would be a laborious process, but if you have the name and possibly a city perhaps checking the phone book would be a start?

What is this 'phone book' you speak of? I vaguely recall hearing about men who used to tear these in half.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: berenike

What is this 'phone book' you speak of? I vaguely recall hearing about men who used to tear these in half.

For the OP's sake, I hope there are some still left

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

I dont even know what a book is, but there is a place called The White Pages now. Perhaps this would streamline efforts?? I like tearing things in half.
edit on 23-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: berenike

I dont even know what a book is, but there is a place called The White Pages now. Perhaps this would streamline efforts?? I like tearing things in half.

I agree about the White Pages. Looking up people who this person might be family with or may have lived with or live with, if you know, might work also as they may list the person.

new topics

top topics

join