It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remedy for Acid Reflux

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Thanks for this, I'll give it a try, pain in the arse reflux, combined with catarrh and its a nightmare. Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
One simple thing to try is you dont like to take meds is to sleep on your left side. Your stomach will be below the esophageal sphincter keeping the fluid below unable to enter the esophagus. Of course if you move around a lot during sleep this will have limited effects. But it does work. And also helps with minor snoring/apnea.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I had a case so bad that with the barium test they said they had never seen a case so bad.

I cured myself completely by taking a drink of pickle juice after ever meal, not eating for several hours before bed and at the first sign of trouble taking a drink of the pickle juice. If I ate something acidic I took a little baking soda in water.

After I was cured I went back to eating normal and have had no trouble for about 6 years.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You can only take these meds for 1 month because after that the stomach will start to compensate and produce even more acid
a reply to: MrMasterMinder

I've been taking pantoprazole for 2 years, prescribed to me by my gastroenterologist. I have chronic acid refux. I eat twice a day and nothing solid after 3pm. Between the two, it works fine. No compensation here.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Yep, I do something similar, I put some "elephant feet" onto one end of a piece of board under my matress.
(My bed has a join and feet in the middle, so this is the only way)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

The compensation might be the fact you still need to take it. Are you american?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
1 heaped teaspoon of Bicarbonate of soda in a cup of water. After 5 mins of burping all acid reflux gone.

OR.....

Avoid the foods that cause it. In my case it seems to be certain oils and fats : cooked cheese (uncooked is ok), oily fish.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I've had acid reflux for years I know them all..

Want a more natural approach ? Grab an Apple and peel it and eat the peal. Chew it well. It works good.

Viniger (about 3 tablespoons), half teaspoon baking soda in one cup water mixed well, then ofcourse Tums or Rollaids

Those are all quick relief.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Adding a teaspoon of baking soda to a table spoon of apple cider vinegar in warm water works quickly. Very warm water is important particularily if you feel sick because the warmth of the water and ingredients will make you 'burp' thus releasing gasses trapped inside. I learned this from an old very wise chinese friend.
edit on 12/23/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Are you?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

is it healthy to mix alkaline with acid?

We used to mix baking soda and vinegar to make rocket fuel for our soda bottle rockets. it makes a lot of gas.

I now people who are on an Alkaline trip will use baking soda every morning and before bed to alkaline their body.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Please note there is a difference between burping acid up and Acid Reflux.

Acid Reflux affects people when they are lying down. The lower esophageal sphincter stays slightly open and acid just flows into the throat.

A lot of what is being described so far has been remedies for heart burn and acidic stomach. All good though seeing that is being addressed as well.

The under the shoulder pillow method allows the head to reposition and allows the lower esophageal sphincter to close completely stopping the Acid Reflux when lying down. If you don't stop it early the simple non closing of the lower esophageal sphincter will develop into GERD's.

Thanks for all the replies

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Why so defensive?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Why should I answer your own question which is irrelevant to acid reflux?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

So you are psychic? you know the reason i asked the question?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Did I say I was psychic?

How about turning your attention off of me and back to the thread, m'kay?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There is evidence that acid reflux and GERD can be sign of wheat intolerance.
Give up wheat/gluten for two-three weeks.....see if the symptoms subside or vanish.

A couple of notes.....
Depending on what is causing your GERD....vinegar could make it worse.

prilosec can also make it worse.....trust me.....for the last two GERD attacks:
after about three days on prilosec, my symptoms got worse.
And, each "attack" would be worse or trickier to heal.

edit on Sat Dec 26 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Why should I answer your own question which is irrelevant to acid reflux?

how do you know it is irrelevant if you don't know why i asked it?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
once you have GERD's you must go through a whole healing regime, and once your esophagus heals then you must take measures that it doesn't happen again.

Lying on the pillow in the manner prescribed in the OP is part of regime.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It's certainly nothing to ignore.
Esophageal disease/irritation/inflammation can lead to more serious issues, including cancer.

For now, natural treatment and abstaining from wheat has made me feel far healthier than I have in years....and I am drug free.
NO more prilosec, no more tums, rolaids, etc.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join