It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow people: infamous mind trick or real

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Could you please describe a little bit more the events ? time of the day, global location, sleep, no sleep, you physical condition, age stuff like that ?

(no pressure, only if you want)
thanks

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gogore

Getting ready for a snowboard mission so I apologize in advance for this being short and maybe vague.

I viewed this place as evil because the entire neighborhood was full of drug addicts and criminals, literally across the highway from a prison. There were three deaths on that street during the short year I lived there.

In the apartment we had all kinds of items that could be considered occult. (Crystals, prayer flags, sage, new age beliefs)

Also this place was tainted with bad influences all around us. So yes there was mind altering substance involved. Several. However, even though we were all on a terrible binge of sorts, we were acutely aware of what we were witnessing.

I've had my fair share of experience with altered conscious, and I feel we were all very coherent and were literally seeing something that is always there but one has to dive deep to see behind the curtain.

Also I believe there were so many because of the crystals and my new age beliefs at the time. All this combined with negative substances we basically invited a bunch of guests from somewhere else.........

Sorry kinda Rambling, gotta get ready!

Oh, I felt ok at the time, a little freaked, but maintained calm.

These days I feel great and no longer dabble in such things.

edit on 23-12-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

ETA: all the lights were off.

Interestingly enough my wife and I saw a broad daylight UFO at the same place during roughly the same time period. I had just gotten off of work so this time we were both completely sober. I too attributed this sighting to our lifestyle at the time. I feel we manifested it. Weird stuff.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Hi, thanks for your input ! Hope your snowboard mission was successful

When talking about mind altering component doesn't take away credibility from a witness but it can render things harder (and I don't judge because moral is often useless).
Lets not forget that medicine man, shaman and priests from old often used psychotropics substances for their visions or to reach the invisible world. On the other hand, their psychological prep was quite hard.
(shaman priests in Peru or Mexico use peyote... Quite devastating)

However, if witnessed by other people, even if it is an induced mass psychosis, your experience remains very interesting.

the environment you are describing is also interesting. By my experience, new age people often go to more hardcore practices. Because new age beliefs is often a melting pot of many things, sometimes not very coherent and many become bored with it.

In this flat, besides hanging cristal, any ritual were performed, I am mostly thinking about kardecs spiritisme practice ?

thanks again !

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
These visions could be, as some have hypothesised, a manifestation of 'black spots' in your memory or, as others have suggested, hallucinations caused by the current state of mind.
Or they could be the lingering resonance of deceased beings.
Or they could be aliens/interdimensional demons...
Or! they could be the government trying out their new cloaking and paralysis tech.......

Jokes aside, there is something mystifying about this whole phenomenon, and it's not as simple as palming it off as:
"oh that, yeah that's just sleep paralysis. that's what sleep paralysis does."

..why? why is this the same for so many people?
is this a subject to be looked upon and scrutinised in a similar way to the UFO phenomenon?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Resostone
is this a subject to be looked upon and scrutinized in a similar way to the UFO phenomenon?

Maybe, since we leave in a material world and we live by it's rule, it doesn't mean that something else isn't happening.
We live in a great era of information, misinformation and disinformation, but the revolution of information transfer is a powerful tool. With this, same occurrences are know more quickly.
And yes, occurrences in a phenomenon generally means that there is something else behind the veil.
To get a good understanding on this principle, i would suggest the COMETA report and others from the GEPAN (french public institute to study and explain UFO phenomenons), they make a conclusion based on some stats and type of sighting /contact). They show in their stats that the sightings have increased in number since the nuclear age, specifically when nuclear weapons were built on a massive scale. They indicate that this can't be a coincidence (and even make some suggestion on what it could mean).

Maybe there should be an empirical approach implemented.
But of course, it doesn't mean that it's not a wild goose chase.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gogore

Hi Gogore,

Not remembering is a key component in this.

I didn't remember either. And when I did my body developed an auto-immune disease and I almost died. So take that into consideration. Also, I didn't start figuring sh-t out on my own just for fun. I had always been the greatest mystery I ever faced and I did torture myself a little over similar mysterious events, but I also made peace with the oddities of my life at some point and was relatively happy after many years of being untampered with... until I was re-visited by the past. Literally. And forced to look at it all.

I hope it won't be the same for you. Acceptance and a safe environment is important I think.

I now know it's possible to deny entire chunks of reality without ever knowing that you're doing it... it's bizarre to say the least. And this is probably, in my opinion, what you experienced.

Robert A Wilson saw a giant insect monster when he was 6.
You saw a shadow person. I saw God.

...and there was also the little boy in the show "Dexter" who, instead of seeing Dexter attacking someone, saw Jesus Christ come to the rescue. First Season, Episode Six. en.wikipedia.org...(Dexter)

IT REALLY HAPPENS. And there's more of us out there, you're not alone.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gogore
a reply to: GoShredAK

Hi, thanks for your input ! Hope your snowboard mission was successful

About that. Define success. Lol. It was pretty extreme. I hiked about two hours up into the mountains. After passing the treeline I found a nice peak to drop in at. A group of skiers were heading up at the same time so as I made my first few turns their dog started chasing me, being the nice person I am a made extra wide turns so they would see their dog and call him back. As opposed to just jamming down the slope with someone else's dog following me. So we collided, I did a few somersaults into pure powder as the lil black lab promptly returned to its owners.

I don't know If anyone has experienced this but falling down in deep soft snow with a board strapped to your feet, it's crazy difficult to get back up, your hands just keep sinking through the bottomless snow and high up on an avalanche prone slope this can induce a feeling of panic.

Anyway I was up after a few seconds, thanks to xp.

The rest of the run was pretty awesome except I wasn't able to focus on much else besides surviving and navigating unfamiliar territory.

I made it to the bottom and had to wait 1 hour and 45 minutes for my ride, in 5-10 degrees, that was the worse part, I was having all kinds of hypothermic thoughts.

So it was a success In that I didn't die and the only time I really fell was when the doggie took my legs out. Boy was I happy to see my ride show up!

Anyway.......thanks for the kind response. I don't know why some of us have these things occur. I've had sleep paralysis, witnessed a couple UFOs, witnessed shadow people and other entities with actual features, dreamt lucidly.....ect......somehow it seems all the above ties together.

Since ceasing my quest for the truth, strange things have mostly stopped, now my mind is filled with family and responsibilities, and I love it.
edit on 24-12-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Since ceasing my quest for the truth, strange things have mostly stopped, now my mind is filled with family and responsibilities, and I love it.

Because we stop looking, so our attention is low
thanks !

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Thanks geezlouise for your input.
Well considering all the # i went through lately, a little bit more a little bit less...
However, at least I would have closure if this were the case...

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, there are invisible critters of some sort, and likely a whole catalog of them, and they are occasionally visible as shadows, and sometimes, maybe, as solid looking, 3d colored images, too... so one can slap a label on them, like "shadow-person" or Djinn (which actually has far more gravitas) and feel good about IDing them, or admit we, in general, don't know poop about them, the phenomena and/or their intentions, if any.

I can't say any actually explained themselves to me... except maybe when sleeping, though bringing that sort of info back to the waking world is problematic (maybe; i.e: for someone untrained like me, anyway)... .and I once saw a black bust (head and shoulders, actually... not cleavage) poke out from a hallway wall and nearly soiled my knickers, but seeing one doesn't make one an expert... it just marginalizes the seer!

But, yeah, they're "real" in the sense the rest of the world is "real" ... though Buddhists and certain brilliant philosophers might have a few negative things to say about any common "reality" ...and not to discount totally unreal hallucinations that do happen, too, but even those could be argued to have some smidgen of reality to the one seeing them, anyway, but what I mean is these shadowy or invisible things have more "reality" to them than some fevered mistake of perception, as best as I'm able to figure it...

Clear? Heh...

edit on 12/26/2015 by Baddogma because: added the word 'hall'

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
They are as real as you and me. I have had several encounters with them. My encounters were more hostile than most I read about. But none the less the stories all bare similarities. In my mid 20's I had my first encounter. I was young and exploring different spiritual faiths & teachings. There were three of them and as I lay asleep (I awakened still in dream state) to a horrible laughter outside my bedroom window. Three shadowy figures wisped past the window and were literally on top of me strangling me before I could comprehend what was happening. I was fighting for dear life for around 30 seconds and as I struggled I spoke the Maha Mantra. Instantly they disappeared and I immediately awoke jumping out of bed, to turn on the lights. I was terrified on that first meeting. Unable to turn my lights out or go back to sleep. Confused about the bizarre encounter. I was in Bali at the time. A young traveller on a search for adventure, understanding and wisdom. That was 20 years ago. At that time internet was dial up and mobile phones were the size of bricks. So there was no information available. In fact it took years for so much information to become readily available on the web.
My point is there was no information available on shadow people. I had never heard of such a thing, nor anyone I spoke to. I hesitantly told friends about my experience and got the raised eyebrows, "are you losing your mind?" They would ask. No body I mentioned this to, knew what I was on about. So I kept quite for many years. Reluctant to speak as no one could understand.
A lot has happened since then and over the years I have gained a better understanding as to what they are.
My life is one of spiritual peaks and troughs. It is when I climb from my fallen state, from a trough to a peak, this is when I am visited by these entities. When I am spiritually strong and in a purer state, (awakened in pure love of God) This is when they come. Taunting me. Poking me. Disturbing my sleep. They don't like it when someone starts to awaken.
While in my fallen spiritual state - (when my actions don't match my spiritual understanding of right action.) My awareness of them diminishes.
My most recent encounter I was graced with the presence of the man in the top hat, along with two typical smaller shadowy figures. I probably would not believe the man in hat stories if I were not to have seen him myself. He was different from the shadow creatures as I could see his face. Gaunt. Pale.
I will note that unlike most of the stories I have read, I was not paralysed. In my more recent visitation I was held down. The two smaller faceless entities tried to hold my arms down, as the much taller larger man wearing the top hat stood on my chest putting pressure on it making it difficult to breath.
I want to get back to give a little understanding about what they are. In my studies and search for understanding I came across these passages in The Koran.

“I did not create the Jinn and mankind except to worship Me.” (Quran 51:56)

“Indeed We created man from dried clay of black smooth mud. And We created the Jinn before that from the smokeless flame of fire” (Quran 15:26-27)

“The Angels were created from light and the Jinn from smokeless fire.” (Saheeh Muslim)

We live in a world of dual opposing forces which rest upon each other. Good and evil will always exist in this world for that is the nature of this creation.
The Angels made of pure light and love lay beyond and are there to help and guide us. The demons are made from fire and ash and lay in the shadows awaiting for us to stumble. They are there to lead us astray.

But even more terrifying is that they when common men leave the doors of there own temples wide open. (Figuratively speaking our temples are our earthly bodies and mind.)

When your actions stray away from what is taught in all revealed scriptures, when you stray from the path, you leave yourselves open to them. These things are real....... They live around us and also (inside people fallen from spiritual understanding and right path) Ever wondered why a drunk can say/do the meanest things which are out of character?

Angels and Jinn were created before us. We as humans lay midway between two worlds. Right between light and dark.
The darkness ever persuading us away from wisdom.

So some answers can be found as to what they are. As for the man in the top hat. I can only guess? He seems to have a greater position/rank.

I would be wary if you have not had any encounters since you were young. You probably were in a purer state as a child. When one awakens through developing there love of God.

Question why you even asked this question about shadow people in the first place?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I was around 3 years old, at the time living at my nans. In her bedroom she had double doors that opened out to the garden, the glass in the doors was that glass that you can see through but not properly I cant remember what its called lol.

Anyway I wake up because I am in my nans bed, she's asleep and the bed was facing the doors by the way and in each pane of glass there was a shadow figure one was slim and one was fat, obviously human shaped just standing there. After about about 30 seconds they both turned and walked to the side to walk away. So the way they walked they had to walk past a little window at the side of my nans bedroom to get out of the garden, but they never did walk past.

( when I think back to when I saw them I wasn't scared at all )

There was a lot of strange things at my nans house it was a very old house and I remember my nan telling me I use to tell her I could see a woman standing at her piano, the funny thing is I DO NOT for the life of me remember seeing that woman by the piano but everything else I remember, I find that strange. I have had a lot of paranormal experiences in my time but that one thing I cant remember.

Fast forward 20 years (roughly) I am living at my mums and I get into bed close my eyes foot hanging out the duvet, when all of a sudden something grabs my foot (everyone else in bed by the way ) I fly up sit up and look and there's this big human shaped black figure at the end of the bed a second later it vanishes and I hear a voice in my head ( I'm not crazy) telling me to ask the angels to protect me ( I am not a religious by the way) but I did do just that and lay back down and went to sleep in a way knowing that it would not happen again. And it has not happened since but for years I never dared put my foot out the duvet but recently I have been getting brave I am not scared so I teased a bit one night and was wiggling my foot out the duvet goading it to try and grab my foot again, silly thing to do I know but it never came back.

Have seen shadows out of the corner of my eye now and again since then but that's it.
edit on 28-12-2015 by restless genius because: word missing

edit on 28-12-2015 by restless genius because:

edit on 28-12-2015 by restless genius because: words missing

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yes the sightings happened in So Calif,various times,9pm ,1am,3am,what on earth would my physical condition have to do with this puzzles me,I was awake,I was alert,Not much more to elaborate on with the sightings,just that they happened I am 62 I've seen many things in my days ,and on one occasion had 4 people witness figure go thru wall as we followed,came thru other room proceeded on so if that was my imagination I can project

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Iv seen shadow people all my life they used to do things to get me in trouble, which resulted in me being isolated so they could influence me more effectively they talk telepathicly to me telling me what to any what not to say and if I tried to say something I wasn't supost to my speech would be mumbled or an exterior event would happen to take the focus away of what I was trying to say. All I'm trying to say is what you saw could of very well been real iv had unbelievable things happen to in these circumstances.I'm still trying to learn exactly what they are and iv come across a few possibilitys. One I feel is most right is that they are Interdimentional beaing I have personal experiences to support that a reply to: Gogore

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
When I was about 8 years old I had an unfortunate and terrifying encounter with what I later can only classify as a shadow person.

It was a typical Sunday evening for me which consisted of playing video games till bedtime, my father was away on business for a couple of days while my mother always ran errands for the entire day usually until midnight. I had a rather bad argument with my mother over something trivial, which I wouldn't bother to even mention if it wasn't for what the context of the argument contained. Towards the end of the conversation my mother states " if you continue to be bad Satan will come and get you." To which I responded " let him come and get me, I'm not afraid of him."

Later that evening around 10:00pm in our home alone in a extremely quiet neighborhood in the South, I hear three distinct knocks in my room on the window. My room is located at the very end of the house and all of the lights were off in the residence except for my room, thinking it was one of my neighborhood friends out after dark I yelled to them I couldn't come outside and play and that I would see them tomorrow. That's when the knocks repeated in another distinct three pattern. This time frightened I run out of my room and stand in the hall, trying to rationalize an explanation for this event when I hear the knocks once more; becoming upset that my friend is constantly knocking on my window, I run to my window and pull the curtains open to witness and giant black figure with red eyes standing directly in front of me. Realizing what I stated earlier I become extremely fearful and start yelling at the entity what do you want, in which it raised its arm and pointed towards me. The figure was about 5'11 and was dressed in what appeared to be a monks robe with a pair of crimson red eyes and no legs. I told it to leave and it remained so I immediately grabbed my baseball bat and ran outside to the window it was standing at to catch a glimpse of the entity fly around my house and up into the sky.

After that day I never discussed what I saw till I found the courage to research what I experienced and discovered that these specific entities have a category. I apologize for the post being so long I just wanted to try to give an accurate account of my experience.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Just my two cents... I am a skeptic first and foremost.

I thought I had caught a glimpse of one. My older sister fell on hard times and moved in with me. She had a desk along a wall at the head of a hallway and was busy playing WoW when she called me over to check out her new Hunter loot. When I passed the hallway I glanced down the hallway and could have swore I seen a black figure wearing a duster or trenchcoat and a flat brimmed hat. At the end of the hall was where my sister stayed and this figure was standing in such a way where half of its body was hidden in the doorway. Like I said it was only a glance. I seen it, cut my eyes to my sisters computer and thought in an instant, 'Did I see what I just thought I saw?' and glanced back down the hallway and of course it was gone.

I didn't tell my sister because when I was around 8 I hid behind my sisters bed in the dark and scared the crap out of her... to the point she screamed at me and started crying. That is when I found out that my sister had often seen a man with a top hat leaning over her bed watching her. I didn't tell my sister because of that memory and I didn't want to freak her out.

The most vivid thing I had ever seen was one of my first memories. You know those rubber rinse hoses that you pushed over a faucet to give you a shower head of sorts. Well I was sleeping and woke up to a rustling sound. I looked to the side of the bed and seen the end that covers the faucet come up over the side of the bed and suctioned over two of my fingers then sink down over the edge. I totally freaked out and yelled and told my mother and she convinced me it was only a dream but it was so damned real I still get chills and goose bumps thinking about it at 50.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wow, I'm sorry I usually am on top of these threads.

In order to understand these Shadow Events you need to understand the complex nature of their culture. You should study all the reports of Shadow People, and not just ones that are like yours. Here's a link to a thread I have on this topic that might help you understand things:

ATS: Shadow People: What do they do

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join