It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow people: infamous mind trick or real

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Probably just saying hi. I wouldnt worry about it. You know how to handle yourself with a flashlight, right?

jk
edit on 23-12-2015 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I hesitate to believe when someone tells a story like...that theyre being victimized, without knowing anything about them, why theyd be saying this, what it means. See I can believe that with some people, not with others...

Its not something everyone "wants" trust me.

If youre hearing racket, then this puts you in the mode of "undergoing something" as opposed to being unaffected. People sometimes get influenced by what they see. And so...id like to say more but sometimes a trail of @$/ starts up because people want to be seen as being #ed with by one of these things.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
By the way, I dont hear racket when I go to bed and I hope I never do but I dont particularly think i would. Ive also never been #ed with in any uhh..significant.. way. Doesnt mean i dont think it goes on.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hi, I'd like to share my experience with you.

The first time I encountered this phenomenon was when I was around 22 years old. I'd experienced sleep paralysis only once before this and I didn't see any 'shadow people' that time.
I was sat on my bed after eating twice the prescribed dose of sleeping pills I'd been given for insomnia at the time, with the intention to keep myself awake, as I'd read somewhere online that the particular drug I was taking could cause hallucinations if you fight the urge to sleep.

After a while, the pattern on the curtain started to 'drip off' so I knew I was having some mild hallucinations. I didn't realise, but I must have succumbed to the pills and fallen asleep, because the next moment I heard the sound of a strong wind start to build outside my bedroom door (it was closed) - all of a sudden, the door burst open and with it came this almighty wind blowing in my direction, pinning me to where I was sat, and in the doorway stood the figure of a man, entirely black and featureless, without a solid outline. It was motionless apart from a wavey or smokey looking outline, and it had a red glow in the center of its chest.
I couldn't move, and this thing wasn't moving either - I was terrified, and somehow knew that there were more elsewhere in the house that I couldn't see.

I never forgot that experience but it wasn't until three years later that I had my second encounter with them. This time, I wasn't under the influence of any drugs or alcohol or whatever.
It must have been the morning and an episode of sleep paralysis during waking - all I remember is waking up in my bed where I was, lying on my front and the moment I tried to move and realised I couldn't, I heard that strong wind building up again. The door flew open and the wind came roaring in. The figure stood in the doorway again, not doing anything - I was trying to scream to wake myself up (and because I was terrified!) but all I could muster was a weak groan. The next thing I knew my friend was waking me up shaking me, saying I was staring at the door lying on my front, groaning over and over again. Ha!

Fast forward to a few months ago, I'm discussing these experiences with my partner and she tells me there's a cool-looking documentary/film she'd seen a trailer for, about sleep paralysis, which we should watch. I believe it was called 'The Nightmare' - we watched it and, despite being cheesey and over-produced to enhance whatever feeling and story they're putting across, it was interesting to see quite similar recreations and, notably a few people mention a figure wearing a rimmed hat as you describe. I've not witnessed the man in the hat, but it seems several people claim to have.
In fact, I think they say in the documentary that this hat-wearing figure seen by many during sleep paralysis, is what the character Freddie Kruger's look was based on.

There's some interesting threads on this stuff already over ATS, and plenty of good research you can do online - but it seems most are divided on what the phenomenon could be - a representation of certain feelings at the time? drug induced hallucinations? astral projection?

It's more fascinating than it is scary but somehow, when you experience it, you just want it to end right then and there because it's literally terrifying.

Cool thread.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Resostone

thanks for sharing !
I've had hallucinations before (sound and/or image), some induced by deep meditation (no drugs or chemical mind altering stuff) and one this year because I was dying from blood loss (some people I talked too about this traumatic event told me it might not be just hallucination that's another story ).

Some were magnificent, some were hellish. In both cases I learn something about myself.

Sleep pills can fudge your mind deeply. I consider them dangerous. I also add insomnia for 4 years (entirely my fault for not having a healthy life) and I reverted this situation without medicine. If you are like me and resistant (resistant doesn't mean that it has no effect, it means that it has not the desired effect) to narcotics or equivalent, sleeping pills will screw your mind big time.

In your case, it's hard to say what experience you had due to your condition, but the fact that you had both sound, image and color makes this interesting. Did you feel the wind ? Heat ? Cold ? Electric ?

The fact that you had several time those experiences, each time when "sleeping" and in the last case with witness could point out to nocturnal terrors and wrong pattern of sleep. Just a theory of course. I'm not doctor.

Sleep paralysis is not uncommon, and its at that moment that part of our brains is asleep and part awake (it's also during this process of waking up that most people have vivid dreams).

Plus, breakingbs points out something very important : what we see is extremely important, big emphasis on TV / movie we watch or sleep before we read. Violence, horror movies has a big impact on our minds.

As for the theories, I know that I know nothing, that why I'm trying to pull out similarities between witnesses. It will of course stay limited due to the internet barrier but I'm hoping to catch some big outlines when I have enough testimonies.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here's a theory up front for those cases you dont know or it seems like someone is being traumatized the heck out of that is less "fun" and more "plausible" but what the hey. That actually what it is is a pattern struggling to come together in one's psyche. The black spots are actually fuzz from where you haven't situated things out. They are really raw and unsituated places in one's brain that get filled with these things representing simply, that there's a hole. But it seems very real because its these "scary" spaces nagging your mind along. They are represented in your dream by entities. Ominous entities, standing there holding you fixed in position. Its a pattern struggling to come together, and sometimes it gets very bad.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
a reply to: Gogore

Well, how bout this, do you identify as christian or...esoteric or...

And then ill stop with all that. I hope.

No stress, I was educated in the roman catholic faith. My parents were despaired with me when I was 4 : if I believed in god, i refused to believe in priests or organized religion and I refused to "obey" this authority. I soon as I was independent, I bailed out.

I'm not anti-religious, anti-christian or whatever. I have some friends who are priests. We have great exchanges on many topics. the problem remains that each time you speak about esoteric experiences, it's always the devil or angels... It's for me too limited, I think our senses are not "complete" and I'm pretty sure most of reality we cannot see.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
Even the character of Azazel in the TV series 'Supernatural' is a jinn with yellow eyes.

Hi Raphal, yes I read your previous comment on thread quite similar.
So, first of all, quoting supernatural (even if I like this show) is not a reference of the occult even if they use a lot of stuff from esoteric lore and symbols (but where the meaning are completely distorted)

I'm no one to judge about your inner deamon, but if indeed, you feel "somebody" else inside. You should get it checked out. First by doctors and if necessary by other authorities.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
During a bout of sleep deprivation, whilst residing in an evil place, Myself along with two other people saw several shadow people just roaming around this apartment.

Just black silhouettes of people, different sizes. It was either a mass hallucination or we all saw the real deal.

My wife saw one sit up, get out of our bed and walk out the door. I was in the living room and saw the same figure walk across the hall Into a kids room.

I finally became frightened enough to call onto Jesus for help and after that they all seemed to go away.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Yup, I read about this. this would impact the part of the brains that built imaging.
It could explain that many experience a similar event with slight differences in the characters.

However, one thing makes me tick : you know, its the same when you are around somebody highly unstable or psychotic : you feel there is something wrong, and you feel this conscience much more than an average person. Its like an intent you cannot pin point properly.
Generally, when something comes from you (your mind), that you can't explain properly, you feel confused, very confused.
In this case, there was no confusion : I wanted it to be a nightmare but felt too material (and I know how a vivid dream feels like : its great but doesn't feel solid) don't know if I'm quite clear there.

Anyway, yes, it would be a perfect explanation except it is not proven so far.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20181812]Gogore[/

Ah ok got it. Sounds fair enough. I won't trouble you. Not on an internet forum. You seem like a fairly straightforward individual. You can trouble me now.

You actually seem like someone id like to converse with about some of these subjects. I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes on an internet forum, its quite hard to get the point across..its not like real conversing and you dont know how much to say and how much not to.

I admire your upfront manner.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gogore

Nah, you're perfectly clear, at least about the dream part. There might have been a...if I can call it this, a resonance that felt more fixed in one place?-

Had to cut post short

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gogore
You should get it checked out. First by doctors and if necessary by other authorities.

Doctors will never understand and secondly i had it checked out by a seraph or one of the high ranking angels in Biblical terms.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Oh no edited-

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hallucinations are often psychosomatic responses to trauma(specially at a younger age like that).

The brain literally rejects reality and replaces a high stress/traumatic experience with some other vision/memory because... at the time of the event, the mind can not integrate what really happened into your normal perspective of life due to extreme cognitive dissonance- that is, what happened to you went against and conflicted everything you thought you knew and you couldn't handle it/process it/make all the pieces fit together perfectly.

This is probably what happened to you. I have had a similar experience when I was 5-6 years old, only I saw God.

You are very creative and highly imaginative. Take care of yourself.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I have no idea where this thread will go after i leave, but I had trouble keeping up because I have to hit the hay. I still haven't bought my mom her roses. Take care, who knows what it might look like when i return

Ive also heard theres a private message capacity

Have a good day/night-

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Cheers and thanks for your input ! We'll see later !
I also need to go home and start cooking for Xmas (I love my wife but not her cooking)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Hi,

thanks, I though about that but I can't remember any specific trauma in my life that would cause such a dissonance. I was really a happy kid with not a care in the world and no one in that time hurt me in any manner.
This is also one of the reasons I am making this public.

I don't mean to be nuisance, but if you wouldn't mind, I'd really appreciate if you could explain a little bit more your experience !

cheers
geo
edit on 23-12-2015 by Gogore because: one more question

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Many doctor sucks as they just look at physical symptoms and blow everything else off.
Never the less, being checked by Seraphs or Thrones won't help you. Because, in their creation, they were not made to assist mankind but God. If you believe in the angel hierarchies etc.

I'm just saying this for you, if you really feel there is another conscience inside you, get it checked out by a psychiatrist (a good one) and if he can't help you then go see somebody else with a more spiritual background (and I'm not talking about quacks with cristals dancing naked around a dolmen during a fool moon)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

thanks for sharing, would it be possible to have a little more details ?
Light ? why is this an evil place ? potential use of mind altering stuff ?
How did you feel ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join