It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow people: infamous mind trick or real

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hello,

I’m looking for testimonies on shadow people with stories similar to mine see if I can make since of it. I’m still trying to determine if it was “real”, a nocturnal terror / nightmare.

I was 6 at this time, and we were coming back to France for the summer holidays from Africa. My parents rented a flat / hotel in Paris for a week (before going to the south France in the family house).
The flat had 2 rooms, an American kitchen in the entrance and a cupboard bed thingy. That’s where I was sleeping, right next to the entrance. I went to bed quite late that evening (around 11pm). The flat being quite small, my parents could not ask my older sisters to go to bed the same as their younger brother.

In the night I woke up, laying on my side, facing the entrance door. I saw this tangible shadow, with a flat hat and trench coat (best description I can give). It was holding some sort of lantern with his right hand. The lamp was giving this sort of yellowish light that would lightly illuminate the entrance of the flat but not the person holding it.
I remember very well being terrified and my first thoughts were to check the door: it was still locked with the securities chain in its place.

My second though was that it was a nightmare, I couldn’t turn my sight from this shadow and I knew, it knew that I knew that it was here, amplifying my terror. Being a little kid at that time, my reaction was to “turn around” and close my eyes it the hopes it would go away. I felt I turned around showing my back to the shadow but I was still facing it and my eyes where still open.
The lantern’s light grew brighter forcing me to close my eyes then everything went black, and I woke up the next day with my mom shaking me. She told me that I would not wake up and she was about to call for medical help.

30 years have passed now, it still feels very real but never happened again. However, when I was younger and during my teen years I had a couple nocturnal terrors (kinds of dreams you remember for the rest of your life, feeling, image and sounds), I have a very good long term memory of my life and my dreams, coupled with being a natural anxious person, I’m still wondering if this experience was real or not. I know how nocturnal terrors and nightmare feel like, and this felt nothing alike.

Anybody with similar experiences or heard of equivalent stories? If anybody has some biological explanations (body growing, neural network firing up, psychological anxiety issues due to moving around stuff like that), or more out of the box theories (but I’ll be skeptic to be honest).
Thanks in advance !

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gogore

What was your view on life then? What is it now? People dont see these things for no reason.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Here's a good micro-doc on the phenomenon (..wow I actually spelled that right).
It's by Supsect Sky, careful postin threads with this guys stuff, ATS has him labeled as a hoaxer... I don't think that's his intention though, interesting stuff non the less.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
My wife has seen them more than once in our house, they wake her up. I will speak with her and see if I can get more information for you

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: errorcode

Much appreciated !

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Thanks, I'll have a look !

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This is all I know about them:

- I have read other accounts of people sighting the Top hat and trench coat figure, although I have never seen that one myself. There is one ATS member who described waking up with this very figure pouring some sort of liquid into his mouth (poison?). I hope he/she sees this post and contributes again.

- I have only seen the other shapeless shadow figures - the ones you spot from the corner of your eyes and when you look straight at them they just dart at lightning speed around and/or through your walls and disappear. You are awake when you see these. It seems they peek at you but flee when you look at them.

- I have only seen shadow figures in the northern hemisphere, never in the southern hemisphere. If anybody saw one in the southern hemisphere, that would be interesting to share.

Sorry, but this is all I have to share.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I am tempted until I know more to blow it off as a mind projection. But thats because I can't say for sure if its an actual state of sleep paralysis or why you would be having these things. There are all kinds of videos on yt, all kinds of things that turn out to be ones own imagination, and all kinds of times a person for some reason is just...not being upfront. Not you but with anyone who might be saying something that turns out to be @$/&.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Even with the anxiety of moving from one country to another, my life was pretty bliss.
Pretty standard view on life : it was good -> playing, sports, schools though I always loved to stay on my own and observe nature, skies, read lots of stuff. I didn't like other kids' games and didn't have much friends : to noisy for me.
I was already a big fan of astronomy, space stuff.
I didn't like violence, school fights but I never ran away from one.

Now, I'm much more cynical but still always amazed by what life as to offer. I'm still a very private person on the current social scale.
Even with all the BS social standards pours down and some hardships, life is pretty awesome and worth living to the fullest.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

True, I only saw it once and I'm also tempted to say that it was my mind fudging me around.
That is until meet some people who had similar experiences and then with internet where this "urban legend" spread like wildfire with all the phantasmagorical lore that goes revolves around.

(yes, when I was a kid, internet didn't exist... No my parents were not chasing dinosaurs for food :p )

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Reason I said a manifestation is that sometimes when someone digs through a lot of bizarre stuff and their thoughts aren't situated out or resonate on conflicting levels, they fall into sleep paralysis, but I really dont know exactly yet. I can't denounce you and say "don't go digging into stuff you should not" because...well...who would I be.

I know with kids that it is said they are all very attuned to things on another plane of existence and you saw this when you were 6. Normally there might be a psychological reason, or the off chance it could be...

~real~

Im not trying to mess with you tho.

I still dont know whats up w/ur sitch.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blastoff
- I have only seen the other shapeless shadow figures - the ones you spot from the corner of your eyes and when you look straight at them they just dart at lightning speed around and/or through your walls and disappear. You are awake when you see these. It seems they peek at you but flee when you look at them.

I had those also but it was always in dim lighted areas. So for that, I go for the neurological interpretation theories where your minds automatically assign forms to shadows.
However, it is true that when you keep your sight out of focus, you see much more things. Its the case as star gazing: sometimes you only see the faint ones when your eyesight is out of focus.

Got a good one on that, I was working on my thesis one night when a shadow passed by super fast. I though it was because I was just tired. but then I felt something grabbing my big toe... It was a little mouse thinking it was cheese or something (that mouse vexed me 'cause I'm quite a clean person)

This situation happened in France, so north hemisphere. In the south hemisphere, you've got some legends of shadow creatures (local vampires if you prefer), in Indonesia and Philipinne.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Not to get to personal but what kinds of subjects do you pursue? You dont have to answer.
edit on 23-12-2015 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

I can't denounce you and say "don't go digging into stuff you should not" because...well...who would I be.

No stress ! I've also had some practice in more esoterically stuff until I dropped everything because I was clearly warned I would loose myself. Lots of charlatans but when you meet the real deal, you see the toll it takes on the body and mind is huge. I've also had the possibility to speak with some very interesting exorcists from the roman catholic church. They are generally not in a good shape. So far, all the people that I've meet dealing in deep esoteric practices pay a heavy heavy price.

In this case, I'm pretty sure its not linked to spiritual stuff. It really felt material.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Shadow people are djinn or shades.

Their eyes are often yellow hence the yellow lantern.

Even the character of Azazel in the TV series 'Supernatural' is a jinn with yellow eyes.

As for witnessing them; yes they exist. i even have one inside me right now and have had this Shaytan class djinn (daemon) since being only 15 months old.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I may be a private person but I don't hold secrets, I'm too lazy for that.

I enjoy many things from geopolitics, to finance / business, to science (physics and biology), to exoteric and esoteric beliefs, culture, history, art (nor modern or contemporary, it sucks), music, IT dev, phylosophie (at the moment I'm checking out mimetism which is a fascinating conclusion)

I just have a keen interests on UFO / invisible worlds for a couple of reasons : first I had some experiences that my perception tells me its real, second because it makes our universe so much richer then our little limited dogmas.

At the moment, I watching great conferences from Dona Klaus (forbidden archeology, he has a very good approach on his studies) and I've just discovered Dr. Greers on this 4H long conference. He makes some interesting points (the channeling of ET is a bit too much for me though but why not) and shows interesting documents. One of them I am trying to get some confirmation of its existence from some people I know. Probably will never get an answer...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Are you of a catholic background? (And yes btw having nothing to do with this, id advise you to watch out for all the # out there. You'll find that people uhhh, well there's like a big vortex of chatter and...im not even quite sure there's a term for it.)
:lol

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I will tell you what I assume already and thats that you seem to at least have an idea of what you'll consider, or, lets say, you give a subject some thought beforehand. It helps me know a great deal actually.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Well, how bout this, do you identify as christian or...esoteric or...

And then ill stop with all that. I hope.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I've witnessed shadow figures on several occasions,was wearing trench coat and black flat hat,I would describe,sen them pass thru walls keep going as they pass witnessed them with other people too,they exist,what they are I have no idea,but hardley a figment of my imagination

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join