It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God a terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This was on news night 2 days ago
It had a priest and a representative of the Muslim counsel and a scientist

A bit that I still remember (what each one said)

In it the scientist said if god did exist he was a terrorist and has killed more people then bin laden (referring to the disaster in Asia)
And how God (if there is one) could let this happen

The priest said that god does that to balance good and evil on the planet
(He lets bad things happen to see the good come through)

The Muslim reprehensive said that we should learn from the disaster since god gave humans the knowledge and every thing to better equip our selves.

If anyone watched this
What did you think of that debate between the 3?

(News night it�s on BBC 2 around 11pm)

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think it was a silly spot on the news if you ask me. Stories like this on the news tell me they have run out of things to report.

The story seems to me like its not very productive. Not like any conclusion they can make is going to actually effect anything.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I like and applaud the idea of god being a terrorist. even tho i don't like to believe in a god...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
LOL Ohgr!!

I think you are right, after all, he has been terrorizing his followers for years!!! And how many of his followers have terrorised other people in the name of him? Actually, now that I think of this, please find me just argument proving he IS NOT a terrorist? After all, im certain that Gods "actions" have killed more people than anything else!

How many millions and millions of people throughout time have died in the name of God? Yup, terrorist A #1. Top of the list if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I did catch the episode and it was very interesting. The use of the word terrorist was innapropriate as God has no political axe to grind.

I was impressed by the priest attempt to counter the professors easier side of the argument that there is no god. Basically it is beyond our comprehension why God should act in such a way. Maybe to test our resolve and faith. The innocents who died have moved onto greater things, sugesting our passing on earth is but a shodow of what is awaits us.

I was rather confused by the Muslim representative, hes seemed to acknowlegde to the proffessor that it was some natural process (quoting some old text that the eclipse of the moon was not a sign that god was mourning) that casued the tsunami yet stopped short of saying there was not God - he didnt contribute much and what he did say to be quite reheresed.

Although, the proffessors argument is so much logical and plausable regarding the existance of God as a solice in which we cope with the apparent evils we experience.

On a lighter note God voted for Bush

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
supprized only 3 people have botherd to reply with over 120 views
really supprized

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
supprized only 3 people have botherd to reply with over 120 views
really supprized

I'm not, God Bashing threads are the new black so far this year. Perhaps there should be a seperate forum for it so everyone can just go there and complain about how unfair the God they don't believe in is.

I know your thread was about the TV show, but we all know that if anything it will just fill with more anti-religion and be exactly the same as most of the other threads on religion at the moment.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is exactly why this planet is doomed. A priest, a muslin and a scientist. Who represented GOD? Sounds like a room full of pagans to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My preference of theory goes in this order:

Scientist
Muslim
Priest

I think that priest said the most ridiculous thing out of them all. Yeah lets kill off 150,000+ people to let the good come through. By the way, I am a follower of no religion and have no bias (well maybe to science but that's not religion, it's logic). The muslim made a decent point about people arming themselves with knowledge to better equip mankind, but I expect the scientist would think along similar lines. I guess I'm only going by what you said in your post and would prefer to have watched the program.

Overall: They ought to get a better representative of the Christian religion next time. Or maybe he was.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
I'm not, God Bashing threads are the new black so far this year. Perhaps there should be a seperate forum for it so everyone can just go there and complain about how unfair the God they don't believe in is.

Yeah, this whole "God caused the tsunami because [insert your own reason here]" is crazy. Our lives on this Earth are indeed transitory and whatever God had planned for these souls would have been fulfilled with or without the tsunami. Assigning blame to God for this natural disaster ignores the fact that this is his world and we are his people and we are uncapable of truly understanding what his divine plan really is.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
My preference of theory goes in this order:

Scientist
Muslim
Priest

I think that priest said the most ridiculous thing out of them all. Yeah lets kill off 150,000+ people to let the good come through. By the way, I am a follower of no religion and have no bias (well maybe to science but that's not religion, it's logic). The muslim made a decent point about people arming themselves with knowledge to better equip mankind, but I expect the scientist would think along similar lines. I guess I'm only going by what you said in your post and would prefer to have watched the program.

Overall: They ought to get a better representative of the Christian religion next time. Or maybe he was.

i agree with you cargo, and btw, love your icon.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If God could be convicted, he would be considered a terrorist worse than Bin Laden if measured by the Patriot act.

In fact, he would be the mother of all terrorists.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
There is no god. Bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people. Get used to it. It's random.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
ACTUALLY ....
the preist was saying that God had destroyed that area (much like sodom and gomorha) due to the amount of heathen tourists that infect that peaceful area. He said "with people commiting acts of sex, enjoyment, and hedonism... how else could we expect god to react...
it was justice for the sinners that had not accepted islam as there religion"

paraphrased, of course...
but it seemed like he was justifiying the death of all those poor souls, because they were sinners....makes islam seem like such a nice religion wouldn't you say.... true muslims should have fatwahed that dude before he opened his fool mouth...

yep, step right up and become a muslim... and you to can be an ignorant judging fool.... (was basically what i got from it)
(not that muslims are that way..., but this guy sure was an idiot... made all of islam look bad... and very cold....)

also love the other mullah that was saying that the US caused the tsunami with a new weapon.... yep... if we had a weapon like that... afganistan would be under water right now...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yes, we wouldn't want people to have sex, or commit acts of enjoyment, would we?
Man, I swear, those people should all be tied up and thrown in the ocean. They're a hindrance to the advancement of civilization.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
Yes, we wouldn't want people to have sex, or commit acts of enjoyment, would we?
Man, I swear, those people should all be tied up and thrown in the ocean. They're a hindrance to the advancement of civilization.

haha,

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
In repsonse to God being a terrorist....my jaw about dropped onto the keyboard.

Mankinds lacks an understanding of Gods intent. Natural disasters on earth are just that. Disasters., Nothing more and nothing less. Plagues, fires, S$D, and whatever else. And if one thinks that God had a hand in the tsunami, they need to have their head examined.

Its mans interpretion of what he thinks God wants is what has killed all of the people in religious wars over the years. I guess we should go ahead and rack a jury for the trial of the century....with Egypt, Job, and a crapload of people he supposedly killed as defendents.... This thread and line of thought needs to end. Let this be it. LOL..

Good day.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
maybe the tsunami was a result of pressure under one of the plates ? just a theory

top topics

join