It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple crashes into bear market: $160B gone!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
I don't know why people give them so much money anyway, their Mac/iMac can not be customised or upgraded like regular desktop PC's.

Their iMac they charge £1,500 for I can build a PC with the same specs for around £500, and you can do alot more with a Windows PC than a Mac.

I don't like apple products for its totalitarian ecosystem practices , but the one thing they do having going for them is that they tend to be more reliable. Not because they have better coding standards or hardware but because they are more limited and have a more controlled environment.

That said, I'm not surprised about apple going down in value after the supposed Great One passed away and apple not really coming out with anything revolutionary.

edit on 591231America/ChicagoFri, 18 Dec 2015 17:59:35 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Dropping stock doesn't mean a company is failing or about to go under, stock value is what holders feel the future worth will be. If they feel people will have less money to buy great Nike shoes then Nike shares will lose value by no fault of their own. Now a company can do poorly on their own too and lose value, but a correction like this has nothing to do with the companies performance much.

Indeed what you say is true...

but Apple stocks are also used as a store-of-wealth... I think that Apple, even down 20%, is still pretty good place to park your money for wealth preservation...

just over the horizon is a big surge In robotics and a lot of self driving vehicles that will be using Apple devices that work on touch or movements rather than button inputs...

today's 20% price contraction are just the usual dynamics of Players-in-the-Markets looking to spark a stampede as an ultimate (but highly unlikely) goal
edit on th31145048338918032015 by St Udio because: tabs

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
good maybe they'll stop exploiting 3rd world countries and maybe, hopefully US manufacturers will become more popular.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
just over the horizon is a big surge In robotics and a lot of self driving vehicles that will be using Apple devices that work on touch or movements rather than button inputs...

Neither of which Apple is even remotely close to the 'market standard' in.

Apple took a gamble when they based their entire company on 'brand' over 'technology'. It didn't pay off. This won't kill them by any means, but Apple is going to be pushed into an area they don't want to be in. How they handle themselves, once there, will determine their future.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Gotta laugh at everyone dissing apple hardware.

I use both. And I gotta tell you. Apples hardware is very good.

I'm in IT. So I get to see a plethora of brands of hardware and types of computers/phones/devices.

I've told several people I know who always had PC issues to try out a Mac. They purchased iMacs. And I don't ever here from them again. Not a peep.

You guys hear that. I have not been called to troubleshoot their computer issues.

I also see a wide range of android tablets. because many of the android tablets are cheap and cheaply made. I have told several people that their tablets are not repairable. And I have not seen any hardware issues with an ipad.

When it comes to phones. the iphone is one of the better phones on the market. I've seen many cheap android phones that are horrible. But I guess you get what you pay for. The more expensive samsung and htc phones certainly give the iphone a run for their money.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I like apple products just fine, though I don't obsess over any of them. That said, I don't buy apple because I don't support slave or near slave labor.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Id like to point out how defending capitalism justifies Apple exploiting 3rd world countries, which in turn, hurts US economy in the long run. Maybe I'm missing something because economics was never my strong point. not saying all capitalism is bad but it's certainly not perfect as it exists currently.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Won't give up on protecting secure encryption? We take down your stock - a penalty for non cooperation.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
An interesting observation that I noticed with IBM is that they are pushing towards to apple technology and are investing resources into swift.

IBM to Purchase Up to 200,000 Macs, With 50-75% of Employees Ultimately Switching From Lenovo:
www.macrumors.com...

Introducing the IBM Swift Sandbox:
developer.ibm.com...

Ofcourse this could be to fight google and oracle head on with android and java technology. Regardless IBM appears to think apple is going to be around for a while .

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This doesn't hurt Apple, it hurts the stockholders.
401ks taking a hit.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel these drops are intentional, in order for the wealthy to get ever wealthier.

Buy when there's blood in the streets...and who still has money where there's blood in the street? The insanely rich.

So, in order to suck up more shares than normal, manipulate the stock price and cause a tumble...then swoop in and snatch up twice as many shares with your money.

I swear the whole thing is rigged by those at the top, for those at the top.

Just like in Vegas, the house always wins....people compare the stock market to gambling all the time too... I just wonder who the "house" is though?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yup. Even flagship android phones aren't all that great.

My girl has been through an HTC ONE, Galaxy 4, 5, and 6 'activ' ... all in the last few years. All of them crap out and freeze up and cause all kinds of issues.

Never have any issues with my iPhone. Ever.

When I have to use her android phone (those times when she goes, "grab my phone and text them back" or something) -- it feels like a cheap impostor. A knock off. Something people have convinced themselves is "just as good or better" because they hate the original or can't afford it.

I have a MPB and an iPad as well...never use the iPad, she does though .. for games and stuff. I use my MBP for music production and recording...everything just works ... every time.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Practically all electronic hardware in an apple is off the shelf components that work with PC's. You can still build out most of the same specs on a superior PC for less cost.

Mac has OSX going for it, oh wait linux, and then OSX86... hackintosh.

There's no reason for an IT professional to use apple products.
edit on 18-12-2015 by ringdingdong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This doesn't hurt Apple, it hurts the stockholders.
401ks taking a hit.

I don't feel sorry for stockholders as that is the risk they take, and I do not feel sorry for people's 401ks.

If people are dumb enough to keep money in the markets after what happened in 2008, they deserve to take these sorts of hits.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I'm in IT. So I get to see a plethora of brands of hardware and types of computers/phones/devices.

I've told several people I know who always had PC issues to try out a Mac. They purchased iMacs. And I don't ever here from them again. Not a peep.

Yep. My ex is an IT guy. He was hardcore PC until he got some experience with MACs. His personal computers are all MACs now.

PCs are better for gaming.

But, they'll laugh you out of Hollywood production with a PC.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I would never have anything but an iPhone ---- if my area has the towers for it.

I had to use other phones, until I moved back to Los Angeles. There is no comparison. iPhones rule!!

edit on 18-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I would never have anything but an iPhone ---- if my area has the towers for it.

I had to use other phones, until I moved back to Los Angeles. There is no comparison. iPhones rule!!

I'm not an old guy nor am I tech-illiterate, but I have never had a smart phone/iphone and I don't see the purpose. Actually, it's very annoying to be talking to someone and while you are trying to take care of the business you have with them, a ring or sound comes from their pocket and their hands dart to find out what it was.

I hate the text talk garbage and I swear to god the next person I have come up to me trying to take a selfie with a selfie stick will get beat with it.

Well, I wouldn't do that. But perhaps I will send them a very stern text.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Annee

I'm not an old guy nor am I tech-illiterate, but I have never had a smart phone/iphone and I don't see the purpose. Actually, it's very annoying to be talking to someone and while you are trying to take care of the business you have with them, a ring or sound comes from their pocket and their hands dart to find out what it was.

I hate the text talk garbage and I swear to god the next person I have come up to me trying to take a selfie with a selfie stick will get beat with it.

Well, I wouldn't do that. But perhaps I will send them a very stern text.

I am old. And I'm a texter. If I never had to be verbal with anyone ever again, I'd be ecstatic. Closes thing to telepathy IMO -- and I love it.

Selfie Sticks --- Ewwwwwwwwww!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

You guys hear that. I have not been called to troubleshoot their computer issues.

I also see a wide range of android tablets. because many of the android tablets are cheap and cheaply made. I have told several people that their tablets are not repairable. And I have not seen any hardware issues with an ipad.

When it comes to phones. the iphone is one of the better phones on the market. I've seen many cheap android phones that are horrible. But I guess you get what you pay for. The more expensive samsung and htc phones certainly give the iphone a run for their money.

true..after years with plastic laptops with windows that would tear apart alone and collapse eventually, this year i said OKAY, STOP. So i buyed my first mac and i love it! Very strong structure (finally aluminum), very powerful hardware and amazing softwar. No virus, no crashes, NO NOTHING. THIS IS GONNA LAST.

Not a fan of iphones, tho...800 euros for a cellphone is a SCAM. Gonna stick with new chinese brands, I have a MEIZU (look it up...it's beating even samsung), very cheap and super powerful cellphone. My meizu mx4 was actually the fastest phone of 2014...i took the video u can see in this thread with that: www.abovetopsecret.com...

sorry for the off-topic, anyways...yeah, i really don't see the hate with mac, macbook and the like...i mean, i open and use final cut, photoshop, adobe premiere etc with a speed that in windows you can only see with minor softwars like PAINT...LoL. Also no over-heat just for the sake of it like in my previous laptops, but only when i really stress the macbook with renderings in final cut.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ all this tech knawledge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join