It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple crashes into bear market: $160B gone!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Apple (AAPL) diehards who keep saying the stock "will come back" are going into hibernation today.

Shares of the gadget maker Friday closed down another 2.8% Friday to $105.93 — knocking the stock down 21% from its recent high of $134.54. The breathtaking decline not only puts Apple into a bear market - defined by a 20% drop — but has obliterated a staggering $160 billion in shareholder wealth from the top.

Just to put that into perspective, Apple's $160 billion decline is larger than 477 companies in the Standard & Poor's 500 are worth.

A drop this big is the financial equivalent of wiping out the market value of entire companies like Pepsico (PEP) at $146 billion, International Business Machines (IBM) at $133 billion or Nike (NKE) at $111 billion.

Um, holy crap.

Hurry, buy up all the cheap chinese labor goods you can...support Apple!!! Support our overlords!!!

Source : USAToday.com

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Come on. You know the script.

They are just too big to fail.

Hate Apple by the way. Don't have. Has never had. Will never give Apple one dime of my money,

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

And you didn't recognize words dripping in a vitriolic fashion with sarcasm ?

Personally, I'd never buy an Apple product because I think their software, OS, and hardware blows. Never cared for it.

From a standpoint of liquidity, I'm glad to see the fashionable cult finally starting to unravel.

"So much style without substance, so much stuff without style...hard to recognize the real thing, it comes along once in awhile..."

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Naw APPL will fall, all it will take is one #ty Iphone and you'll see that stock price drop even faster than it did today.
Besides their new CEO is only interested in appeasing investors, he doesn't care about innovating new tech for the company.

One way or the other APPL is dying.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

And you didn't recognize words dripping in a vitriolic fashion with sarcasm ?

Personally, I'd never buy an Apple product because I think their software, OS, and hardware blows. Never cared for it.

From a standpoint of liquidity, I'm glad to see the fashionable cult finally starting to unravel.

"So much style without substance, so much stuff without style...hard to recognize the real thing, it comes along once in awhile..."

I got yours.

Me thinks, you missed mine.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't know why people give them so much money anyway, their Mac/iMac can not be customised or upgraded like regular desktop PC's.

Their iMac they charge £1,500 for I can build a PC with the same specs for around £500, and you can do alot more with a Windows PC than a Mac.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

apple has been over priced for a long time. I kept telling people its only a matter of time before they go under and have been laughed at every time. I also told people face book was keeping their information and giving it to government agencies. I told my friends the CIA was keeping track of their digital messages and recording their conversations only to get laughed at. Even now if I told them something new like their smart tv has the ability to spy on them with its built in microphone and camera they would laugh.

people are guilty of simply not caring or reading the signs before the talking heads on tv tell them its a reality. I get what the op is saying that apple is so big even drops in its market shares effect our economy. They are not going to vanish but a lot of layoff are going to Happen.
edit on 18-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Dropping stock doesn't mean a company is failing or about to go under, stock value is what holders feel the future worth will be. If they feel people will have less money to buy great Nike shoes then Nike shares will lose value by no fault of their own. Now a company can do poorly on their own too and lose value, but a correction like this has nothing to do with the companies performance much.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
I don't know why people give them so much money anyway, their Mac/iMac can not be customised or upgraded like regular desktop PC's.

Their iMac they charge £1,500 for I can build a PC with the same specs for around £500, and you can do alot more with a Windows PC than a Mac.

Apple has always been a software company with their hardware built around their software. You are not buying a computer for 1500, you are buying one for 500 and the ability to use their software for 1000...hehe

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Quick! Get the corperate wellfare!!!!!

/sarc
edit on 18-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

True but since 2012 they're overall sales growth has slowly been decreasing.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I did.

Glad we worked that out

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Apple stole linux and then locked it down...

Apple... for snobs and numbskulls!!!

Hate em.. let them fail
edit on Fri, 18 Dec 2015 17:19:52 -0600195America/ChicagoFriday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

what has apple actually been innovative with recently? the ipad came out after the tablet pc. The ipod after the mp3 player. The iPhone was innovative yet a company in japan did smartphones first. Mircosoft surface is bigger then the ipad so apple makes a bigger ipad with a over priced stylus . Smartphones with bigger screens came out 2 years before apple changed its mind and made iphones with bigger screens. Smart watch don't even get me started on. And while apple usually makes a good product its always late. They over charge for everything and their fan boys are usually rich people who can barely use a computer yet will always claim their product is superior without the required knowledge of knowing how to use both pc and macs to tell the difference. don't even ask them about Linux!

from a security stand point apple is good because they lock down everything and they make sure their programming is done well. So the professionals who always give me that argument I understand. But that's where it ends for me.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1

from a security stand point apple is good because they lock down everything and they make sure their programming is done well. So the professionals who always give me that argument I understand. But that's where it ends for me.

We do not know what they have up next, but typically they come out with the new "thing" and everyone else copies it and makes it better. Selling 13 million IPhone 6s in one weekend doesn't hurt either so I do not think their sales are lacking.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Apples future ventures are not just about new computers or devices, unless it is how to connect us to the matrix.

They are looking into the communications and surveillance sections of the future market.

Their devices will make sure their massive cult followers are iconnected to the icollective.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Apple's issues are by their own hand...I have zero sympathy for them.

That being said, they still have a pretty massive ace in their deck. Guaranteed to draw a fresh batch of idiots...whoops, I mean investors and clients.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Their devices will make sure their massive cult followers are iconnected to the icollective.

This is nothing new from the Apple 2E days and on.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: jobless1

We do not know what they have up next, but typically they come out with the new "thing" and everyone else copies it and makes it better. Selling 13 million IPhone 6s in one weekend doesn't hurt either so I do not think their sales are lacking.

seriously i just gave you a list of things over apples past where they copied an idea or product someone else had. Hell look up the mouse for a computer! Do you think it came from apple? Their new thing is an idea someone else had, almost always. The reason they did so well is because pc companies wouldn't spend the time polishing their products like apple did from programming to appearance and then apple would swoop in and create the same product just polished

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm not too concerned.

That $160 billion didn't even exist.

<<   2  3 >>

join