It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad can stay, for now: Kerry accepts Russian stance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
In a sudden 180 degree turn, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry now says the leader of Syria Bashar Assad can "stay".

This comes during a visit to Moscow.

Not long ago, everybody was shouting that Assad must go.

Now all-of-a-sudden, the U.S. official policy has ceded to the opposite direction.

Hmmm.

Makes people wonder just WHO is dictating American policies these days?

It's almost like nobody knows who's on who's side anymore.

They sure have a lot of people fooled don't they.

Assad can stay, for now: Kerry accepts Russian stance

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday accepted Russia's long-standing demand that President Bashar Assad's future be determined by his own people, as Washington and Moscow edged toward putting aside years of disagreement over how to end Syria's civil war.

"The United States and our partners are not seeking so-called regime change," Kerry told reporters in the Russian capital after meeting President Vladimir Putin. A major international conference on Syria would take place later this week in New York, Kerry announced.

Kerry reiterated the U.S. position that Assad, accused by the West of massive human rights violations and chemical weapons attacks, won't be able to steer Syria out of 4 ½ years of conflict.

Russia of course wants to to all they can to stop any gas pipelines going into Europe.

Russia is Europe's largest supplier of natural gas.

Qatar and the House of Saud would love to grab that market.

So would Iran.

1+1=2

2+2=4

or does it?

edit on Dec-15-2015 by xuenchen because: gas it up

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The US draws a red line.

Says Assad must go.

Turns around. Then goes,' Noooo we just funnin with ya'.

The current administration looks like a JOKE!

No wonder ISIS has been on the rise.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The US draws a red line.

Says Assad must go.

Turns around. Then goes,' Noooo we just funnin with ya'.

The current administration looks like a JOKE!

No wonder ISIS has been on the rise.

That is disgraceful. How man lives were lost due to incompetence by the Kenyan Communist?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well I figured it would eventually come to some sense. That lucky son of a gun. Even mister Egypt and Pakistan generals had to go. It was literally down to just the Ayatollah and Mr. Assad here. They held out tough. 2016 election can help the transition. Or hurt it. Looks like a couple of old schoolers made it into the New World Order.

I hope to see some new inroads for mining ventures into Afghanistan this decade. Its high time we take advantage of an opened market. Lots of amazing discoveries to be made. We will pay our taxes

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hmm is right! This is extremely interesting!!! Oh, would I have loved to be in on that meeting with Kerry and Putin and to know what was actually said! Things are changing behind the scenes at warp speed.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Lol! What a surprise!

I think this speaks for itself...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Isn't this the logical consequence of giving priority to the war against ISIS?
"My enemy's enemy is my friend". If the West is hostile to ISIS, and Russia and Assad are hostile to ISIS, then the two parties need to work together.
It also implies that the West willnot be backing Turkey.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It is probably becoming difficult to support those "moderate" terrorists. And what to say of all that "bad" publicity on who buy the oil and provide the weapons.

Now it's time to throw them under the bus and wipe clean the trail.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So we've already wasted 3 years, let Isis grow and caused a huge refugee crisis. Nice work.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Dont't f$ck with Putin! Because he doesn't play chicken. People in the west really need to stop being stupid.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Putin must have some serious dirt on Obama. Wasn't he threatening to release evidence of our meddling in Syria a while back?

Anyway I hope we truly do back off of Assad and stop flooding the region with weapons that always wind up in the hands of terrorists.

It would be nice to see some common sense for a change.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Putin must have some serious dirt on Obama. Wasn't he threatening to release evidence of our meddling in Syria a while back?

Anyway I hope we truly do back off of Assad and stop flooding the region with weapons that always wind up in the hands of terrorists.

Actually,...he probably has ALL of Hillary's deleted emails.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

What in the name of St. Clair could Putin have on bath house Barry?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

He might have the sealed adoption records.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
translation
we give up
Maybe now ISIS can finally slither back to where it came from.
edit on 15-12-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Enochstask

He might have the sealed adoption records.

Don't tease! LOL

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The way I see it, it's actually a smart move. It opens the doors to a true global offensive against ISIS. If the US led coalition and the Russian led coalition actually joined up the majority of ISIS' forces would be taken out fairly quickly. At which point Russia either has to withdraw or lose face and admit they were there for reasons other than stopping ISIS. All the while the US can continue arming the insurgents because they're also fighting ISIS. If those weapons just so happen to be used against Assad's forces then that's just the Syrian people expressing their will.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I find it particularly strange, and yet funny, that once again it's John Kerry involved in flip-floppping.

Remember 2004?

Kerry's Top Ten Flip-Flops

In Part Two of our series examining how the candidates have changed their minds on the issues, CBSNews.com Chief Political Writer David Paul Kuhn looks at John Kerry's most notable flip-flops.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
In a sudden 180 degree turn, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry now says the leader of Syria Bashar Assad can "stay".

This comes during a visit to Moscow.

About freaking time. America (whether accidentally or on purpose is moot) created ISIS and it has gotten totally out of control. Russia is the only one with a solid plan and it involves supporting the legitimate government's army to overrun these SOB's.

Well done Mr Kerry

Now hurry up and work out an alliance with Russia and get working together in the air and on the ground.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Putin must have some serious dirt on Obama.

Maybe the original copy of his birth certificate?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Surely this 180 by the US is further proof of their "self-appointed world police" label they have given themselves - how arrogant to think that they can just waltz into any country with their "might is right" attitude.

The US government needs to learn how to deny arrogance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join