It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lettuce is ‘three times worse than bacon' for emissions*Snipped

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Now the church of climatology has gone, and done it. Y'all have declared war. It's on like donkey kong now people. It's not that I give a crap about lettuce, but now your messing with my bacon,and THAT I will not have.

So apparently eating healthier diets in fruits and veggies has been deemed 'bad' by holy church of climatology., So now everyone is going to have to change their diets to save the planet! Only matter of time before this snowballs, and becomes politico talking points.

Bacon isn't all,Were suppose to give up for that righteous cause of saving the planet. We are suppose to quit eating meat all together says one study. Because we're killing the planet people!

Lettuce is “over three times worse in greenhouse gas emissions than eating bacon”, according to researchers from the Carnegie Mellon University who analysed the impact per calorie of different foods in terms of energy cost, water use and emissions

Published in the Environment Systems and Decisions journal, the study goes against the grain of recent calls for humans to quit eating meat to curb climate change.

Are they SERIOUS ? Yeah they are!

They messed with my bacon!

They messed with my steak!

They messed with my burger!

They messed with my chicken!

Oh hell no!

Church of climatology get a freggin grip!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I put bacon in my salad. Hell, I put bacon on my bacon.

I'm screwed!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
We throw away entirely too much food, matters not what type.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

I put bacon in my salad. Hell, I put bacon on my bacon.

I'm screwed!

Is it me or do they really do want to turn us in to the 'Planet of the apes' ?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Eat all the bacon you want. I don't care one bit. Eat all the lettuce you want, as well.

Hell, you can even eat your bacon with lettuce, dipped in mayo, deep fat fried in baby seal oil while driving your gas-guzzling pickup truck and I wouldn't care.

Doesn't change the science behind climate change.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
What kind of lettuce though ? There's many kinds of Lettuce with Iceberg being the least "healthiest" option

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What 'science'

Geezus they are trying to criminalize meats.

And that is what they are trying to do.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

What 'science'

Real science. Science with numbers, stats and fancy little graphs that give us information about what's happening in the world outside of the echo chamber.

Geezus they are trying to criminalize meats.

And that is what they are trying to do.

They are not trying to criminalize meat, Neo. Get a grip.

How do they have time to come for your meat when you also believe they are coming for our guns, our bibles and our first-born child?

Are they coming to take everything?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Real science. Science with numbers, stats and fancy little graphs that give us information about what's happening in the world outside of the echo chamber.

Don't you mean PROPAGANDA ?

X says Z is 'bad' therefore 'We must do something'.

in other words 'Global warming' is propaganda some just refuse to see it.

They are not trying to criminalize meat, Neo. Get a grip.

Yeah they are. Only a matter of time.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Another wild and skewed study for profit.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The NAZI's peddled 'science' too, but the only thing it was ?

PROPAGANDA.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I read that as bacon is better for the environment than lettuce.
This is good for bacon...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Don't you mean PROPAGANDA ?

No. I mean science.

Science is something smart people do to learn things about the world around us. That's how we know how to drill for oil, keep ourselves healthy and how the weather works.

Science gives you the technology it takes to come to this forum and call it propaganda.

Ironic, huh?

Yeah they are. Only a matter of time.

Better get ready and prepare, Neo. Time's ticking and at any moment they could break down your door, shoot your dog and violate your god-given rights just to raid the fridge of your delicious smoked breakfast strips!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I must be missing something. I read the article, they're saying veggies can cause more emissions than meats, but people are talking about bacon/meats being criminalized.

If people grow there own veggies, they're not causing emissions. If it has to travel to Alaska from California, it'll cause emissions

It takes less meat than veggies to fill us up calorie wise, so it sounds like meat is better for the planet than lettuce.
Pigs are smaller than cows, so bacon is guilt free.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

No. I mean science.

No PROPAGANDA.

Here's the definition maybe it will HELP.

information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.

dictionary.reference.com...

The science says the climate changes. Which it has been doing for over 5 billion years as a natural cycle.

Along comes the propagandists saying mankind is the CAUSE of it therefor give up your fossil fuels and MEATS.

There is not a lick of SCIENCE behind that scam.

It's ALL propaganda designed to further the PROGRESSIVE agenda.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Exactly. This piece was meant to be a counter to the recent "bacon is bad for the environment" meme.

I don't think the OP caught on to that.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You are partly right.
But it takes a lot of grain to raise pigs and cows.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

What you describe is conspiracy theory. There is absolutely no truth to that, whatsoever.

There is science behind the issue, but just because you can't understand it does not mean it's conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

There is absolutely no truth to that, whatsoever.

Yeah there is.

There is science behind the issue, but just because you can't understand it does not mean it's conspiracy.

No theres not. What there is are 'findings' that trillions of dollars have been used to pay for over the last 20 years.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

You are partly right.
But it takes a lot of grain to raise pigs and cows.

True. Land space is needed, especially for the large cows and such, but at least they forage mostly on the grass/clover for the non snowy months.
I won't be feeling guilty about meat, and lettuce comes up wild if people let some go to seed.
Crazy thing lately is that meat prices have been going up so much, but bacon isn't going up as much as other meats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join