It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lettuce is ‘three times worse than bacon' for emissions*Snipped

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Eat all the bacon you want. I don't care one bit. Eat all the lettuce you want, as well.

Hell, you can even eat your bacon with lettuce, dipped in mayo, deep fat fried in baby seal oil while driving your gas-guzzling pickup truck and I wouldn't care.

Doesn't change the science behind climate change.

Maybe you should buy extra invisible tax carbons to protect the environment since you really, really care about the environment.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
They are going to criminalize everything that is good for you, with whatever method or reasoning is available. We need to be unhealthy, overweight lazy slobs, so we don't fight back.

Bring on the 64 oz cola's and potato chips! And the spagetti O's!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How is lettuce worse for the environment then pork...or any meat at that? I can grown my own lettuce. Among many other amazing foods which are seemingly far better for you than ANY meat. It doesn't need to be taken care of (vetrenarian/meds) and shipped and processed.

This is beyond the stupidest thing I have ever read.

Believe me, if anyone was serious about stopping "climate change" (whatever the hell that is) they would focus on livestock. Second behind that would be capitalism and how it is beyond wasteful.

I dont eat meat or dairy. I basically stay away from animal food products now. At first it was just to see how it would make me feel as I was experiencing unusual health issues. Now it is to keep the excess fat off and keep my energy up, allowing me to build.more muscle mass. I have never looked or felt so good in my 33 years on earth.

I have nothing against people eating what they want, but I think people should definitely take responsibility for what they think and do.

I didn't start eating this way because I had a soft spot for animals. But since I have realized that, in general, humans are total dicks to animals in regard to livestock and factory farms. We should do better for life we share this planet with...and for ourselves. Feel free to eat bacon. But I would encourage you to do the slaughter if you do. Don't be an ignorant eater.

edit on thppmTue, 15 Dec 2015 12:53:44 -0600k1512America/Chicago1553 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I eat whatever I want and they OWE us, the land and resources, the pain and suffering, the fraud of lies and fakery, the false information they give, the exploitation of humanity by them, and all of nature. I don't think there is enough material wealth in the milky way to make up to each person on this planet what the Elite owe them.

Can't wait till they're hauled off and spending thousands of years in their own burka's and as mangy starving wolves, no the were wolf and monster status won't be happening nothing as impressive as they think. Only not on mixed school like planets, they don't want any of this stuff. No more hell zones and nazi realms for them, down a few floors.

As for the food, we need to get the clean energy out, upgraded cavitation energy, and also, non gmo, natural foods.

Homes for all.

And they need to be in jail.

like lettuce on my bacon and tomato sandwhiches.
edit on 15-12-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Very very vague. First off what kind of green house gas. If you are referring to CO2, then the whole thing is a waist. Water is a much stronger green house gas that CO2. Recently read articular that Mars never got very warm as there was to much CO2 keeping the planet to cold. Also it does not specify what kind of lettuce (iceberg, Romain ???) and how it was grown (in fields, hydroponically???). it also does not state the type of bacon. Wild caught, free range, feed lot???) there is just not enough info to evaluate this article.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I've got no kids, won't live to the end of the century, so I don't give a toss. Burn the place down kill every fish in the sea and cut down every tree Who needs em? Not I.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Just pointing out that the study is based on per calorie. There are very few calories in lettuce so it would take a lot to equal a slice of bacon.

Not that I care, but people seem to have missed what they are saying.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
They will not be happy until we are eating nothing but a pasty gray gruel that has a zero carbon footprint.

Yay! Gruel! Yay!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You guys are such drama queens.

They are not coming for your meat, for god's sake.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Really ?

They came after big gulps,salt,transfats, and tobacco.

Only a matter of time.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Anyone have access to the study? I am reliably informed it was funded by meat processing company Colcom Foods!!! Can anyone confirm?

Also appears the article has cherry picked and compared one of the most protein and calorie dense foods with one of the least, meaning you would have to grow and eat a shed load of lettuce to compare to a morsel of meat by the calorie hahaha! I am also interested to know if they have factored in the energy and resources etc.. used to grow the vast amounts of grain etc to feed the animals?

I am a veggy, not really for environmental reasons, but this article is rubbish!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You guys are such drama queens.

They are not coming for your meat, for god's sake.

That's what they told me about lawn darts.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Really ?

They came after big gulps,salt,transfats, and tobacco.

Only a matter of time.

But the article is inferring that veg is worse than meat for the environment right?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

They are trying to have it both ways.

First bacon was on the chopping block

Now fruits and veggies.

Now processed meats.

That 'progressives' for ya.

Never satisfied they keep wanting to get rid of more, and more.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If everyone went vegetarian tomorrow, millions would starve to death because there is not enough good farming land in the world to support a world of vegetarians.

One of the beauties of meat is that you can raise animals on land that is totally unsuitable for farming...why do you think cattle ranches are all out in the Western US where the land is poor for farming? Because raising animals is the best way to convert those otherwise useless acres into calories. Ranch land is not necessarily interchangeable with farm land, so if we got rid of all the livestock tomorrow, you can't just convert that into farmland, it's impossible.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

One of the beauties of meat is that you can raise animals on land that is totally unsuitable for farming..

Yes.
Reindeer can subsist on lichens.
I'd rather eat a reindeer than lichens.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

You can still purchase anything you like.

Nothing has been put on the chopping block.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You can still purchase anything you like.

Nothing has been put on the chopping block.

Which Walmart do I have to go to to purchase a set of these babies?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You don't have a constitutional right to buy lawn darts. You do have a constitutional right to put whatever you want in your body.

Absolutely silly example and why I didn't address the first time.
edit on 15-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You do have a constitutional right to put whatever you want in your body.

Heroin?

Bam.
Silly?
edit on b000000312015-12-15T15:05:37-06:0003America/ChicagoTue, 15 Dec 2015 15:05:37 -0600300000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join