It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Equal Opportunity Offender – Donald Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

I'm confused, are you talking about Obama saying no to everything the House and Senate have passed?

Nope. I'm talking about the GOP saying no to everything Obama wanted to accomplish. They added things into bills that should have been presented separately. Over and over and over again - as in,
"Sure, we'll go along with this - BUT we're going to add in defunding PP, and force you to accept it as a rider." You know, the fine print, like "terms and conditions" that no one reads when joining online outfits.

Obama is the President. What he wants means nothing. The House and Senate set the budget, and make laws and regulation, not him. The passed bills die on his desk.

If what he wants means nothing, what difference does it make what ANY President wants?

Nothing. Because Congress is the schoolyard gang.
Therefore, no matter WHO gets elected, if Congress isn't going to go along with it just out of spite and asinine, puerile vindictiveness, what is the use of the system at all?

Understand, XTexan, that I believe no matter what a candidate promises or hopes to accomplish, that candidate, once elected, doesn't learn the "truth" until they are in the Oval Office and realize that they are simply puppets.

Congress is a disaster. A living, breathing, destruction machine.

"Balance of power" my size 5 fanny!! It's bullying and juvenile. Bringing up off-topic 'riders' is not true negotiation. It's orchestrated subterfuge, deliberate and monstrous undermining, and total disregard for what THE PEOPLE WANTED.....but rather panders to the moneyed elite and the extremists of every stripe who are dead-set against allowing ANYTHING that weakens their position or attends to the populace at large.

Smaller government, eh? How about downsizing the budget for Congress; they get paid per diem, at the "average citizen's wage" rate. No lifelong bennies. A limited expense budget INCLUDING LIMITED CAMPAIGN FUNDS AND AIRTIME. How about no more lobbying. How about no more SuperPACs.

How about understanding that 99% of Americans are frustrated, disenfranchised, and powerless.

CORPORATIONS ARE NOT PEOPLE.

edit on 12/14/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Skeptic Overlord for President! And staff as the cabinet.
At least this place offers a semblance of intelligent, balanced conversation. Pity our stupid government can't operate by the same rules as members here do (and yes, I did read the T&C when I first joined ATS).

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: DBCowboy

You have NO ONE to blame for that except the obstructionist, childish GOP Congress who from the get go decided to say "NO!" to every single thing Obama wanted to do.......

no
no
no
no
no

Often the first word a toddler learns. Uses it incessantly.

WRONG!

"No" is the response a child, (or "boy child when you refer to Obama), hear from a scolding parent when they continually say "Can I"?, "Can I"?" Can I"?, "Can I"?- then it's "Give me"! "Give me"! "Give me"! "Give me"! "Give me"!

Which is naturally why they are programmed into expecting to hear "No" when they ask for anything. What children hopefully learn when they mature, and the parent hopes too, is that they learn to consider others besides themselves before they ask for other peoples stuff, and figure out that they can't always take things that aren't theirs just because they want it, like a horses love of getting out of it's stall and eating itself to death, by eating all the oats in the barn, and they will not stop eating until all of the oats are gone.

I guess you missed how Obama, still very much like a spoiled toddler, kept asking congress and senate to do massively IRRESPONSIBLE things and unconstitutional things so often, and that is the proper response to give a snot nosed and gutless yellow pie slinger, when they keep asking for the keys to your lives, privacy, bank accounts, retirement accounts, medical records, and all your oats, food, water and everything else you have, that can now be seized in a national emergency because Obama thought he might need ALL of everyone else's stuff someday.

He never did learn that NO means NO to foolish things, or anything else of value connected to decency or even anything at all that resembles HONESTY, and so instead, he learned a much faster way to get anything he desires using trickery, thievery, deceptions and lies, threats and blackmail and extortion, and his mafia friend coached him how to get away with all of it, because the MAFIA are the best in the entire world at getting away with crimes, and also assassination and lots of drones for the dirtier jobs against holdouts are an Obama favorite.

Sort of sad to see a president who will eat himself to death eventually with everyone else's stuff, just like a dumb, stubborn horse still chewing those delicious oats while laying on his side on the floor of the barn, dying and wallowing in pain.
Obama has tasted the deliciousness of other peoples stuff he never earned or delivered fair trade for getting, so instead offers the lure of false promises and gimmicks to get them from you, and the taste is so sweet on his tongue that nobody, not even the congress and the senate, or any other source, including banning inspector generals oversight so he can operate in a style as lavish and as disconnected from any responsibility or worry of ever being stopped, punished, or even looked at in a way that resembles him even being questioned about anything which really pisses him off.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

"No" is the response a child, (or "boy child when you refer to Obama), hear from a scolding parent when they continually say "Can I"?, "Can I"?" Can I"?, "Can I"?- then it's "Give me"! "Give me"! "Give me"! "Give me"! "Give me"!

Yeah, that stage comes after baby/toddlerhood - when a parent is told "no" at every request. Time for bed! No. Share with Jimmy! No. Want some pie? No. Bring me the ball, sweetie. No.

It's a part of human development - of individuating. A healthy person learns as they grow to compromise and listen, to sometimes not get what they want. A kid who insists on saying "no" is a youth with ODD "Oppositional Defiant Disorder". As the person ages, they typically learn how to be social creatures and acceptably reasonable.....if they don't grow out of it by adulthood, it becomes known as "Conduct Disorder." Congress has "Conduct Disorder".

I have decades of experience with schoolkids who had ODD - I know what I'm talking about.

I guess you missed how Obama, still very much like a spoiled toddler, kept asking congress and senate to do massively IRRESPONSIBLE things and unconstitutional things so often, and that is the proper response to give a snot nosed and gutless yellow pie slinger, when they keep asking for the keys to your lives, privacy, bank accounts, retirement accounts, medical records, and all your oats, food, water and everything else you have, that can now be seized in a national emergency because Obama thought he might need ALL of everyone else's stuff someday.

I would have broken this ^^ apart to reply to it, but it's a run-on sentence, so I'll tackle it phrase by phrase......

No, I haven't missed anything about Obama.
Congress is a bunch of recalcitrant, oppositional, spoiled toddlers playing 'responsible adults.'

They don't want to share. They don't want to agree to anything......
they are not adulting.

"Irresponsible" as an adjective in this debate is a questionable term to use. I would ask you to espouse upon that, and to somehow justify the hoarding going on while fellow nationals are starving and scraping by.

I pay attention to world news. There is not ONE head of state in the Western World who I wouldn't prefer over Trump or Cruz or anyone but Bernie.

The USA is being exorcised. Deal with it.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I can't even begin to grok some of what's being said in this thread.

Trump appears to me as someone with narcissistic personality disorder (or something similar) who has no filter, very little knowledge of what is going on in the country and the world; someone who doesn't even read a daily newspaper and is just making things up and/or repeating information from dubious websites.

He seems completely unsuited to the job.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Right? I know!!

It's incredibly bizarre.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
I can't even begin to grok some of what's being said in this thread.

Trump appears to me as someone with narcissistic personality disorder (or something similar) who has no filter, very little knowledge of what is going on in the country and the world; someone who doesn't even read a daily newspaper and is just making things up and/or repeating information from dubious websites.

He seems completely unsuited to the job.

Trump is in this only for himself. Mark my words he will pull a Ron Paul.

This is only about boosting his image, and gaining some ground in the business world. Trump has no intentions of being president.

The media is even more despicable because they are giving him air time. It's almost like they want to create more division and chaos.

Our political arena has become a living Jerry Springer episode, and if this continues I'm afraid that it will be catchy. Politicians do what it takes to get elected and they do what it takes to get air time, if Trump is successful with his antics then we are going to see more of this across both platforms.

The object of the OP was to point out that DT offends everyone, and he is also gaining ground. DT is resonating with a large number of people for whatever reason it may be, or the MSM wouldn't give him the airtime.

Aside from calling Trump names and doing what he does to other people. Put aside you anger and look deep within and try to see why DT is connecting with so many people.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: neo96
I am starting to think the only word Trump critics seem to know is 'racists'.

They might want to expand their vocabulary, and talk about the issues for a change.

How about ignorant buffoon that's making a mockery out of politics and turning the campaign cycle into a reality tv show.

Yea that's the problem with this, any professionalism that was left is being gutted.

We already know that we are being lied to, and cheated, so this is basically the final nail in the coffin.

Maybe something positive will come out of all of this mockery, hypocrisy and madness.

edit on 14-12-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
Aside from calling Trump names and doing what he does to other people. Put aside you anger and look deep within and try to see why DT is connecting with so many people.

I don't need to "look deep within" to see why he's connecting with people. Anyone who has followed political discourse for the last 25 years or so could have seen this coming.

But I'm still at a loss (for example) as to how people who seem capable of composing coherent paragraphs are describing this man as intelligent.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Intelligent hmm not so much. Cunning absolutely he is playing to the masses. People will not admit it publicly, because so many are PC brainwashed, and scared to say what is on their minds.

Trump is bringing repressed feeling, emotions, and angers to the surface.

Take a look at this interesting video of a group of DT supporters being asked why they like and support him.

edit on 14-12-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Have to take a look at the vid later when I have more time.

Off the top, I can understand why people want a "strong leader."

But that 45 percent of Republicans are also OK with or failing to perceive that this guy is a megalomaniacal idiot and loose cannon is very frightening to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Intelligent hmm not so much. Cunning absolutely he is playing to the masses. People will not admit it publicly, because so many are PC brainwashed, and scared to say what is on their minds.

Take a look at this interesting video of a group of DT supporters being asked why they like and support him.

Fascinating Video...

This could be a group of my friends sitting around.

People are angry. Its really is time to clean out DC.

If you point with your thumb instead of your finger...

edit on 14-12-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Fascinating Video...

Note the people in that group are also lily white and probably from an even more specific demographic beyond that.

I've got friends across the board including liberals, conservatives, Hispanics, blacks and some Muslim U.S. citizens and most of them are NOT talking that way about Trump. Trump might be energizing the "angry old white man" vote but he's definitely also generating a lot of negative feelings about his candidacy which will be hard to ratchet down in a general election if that's his intention.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Fascinating Video...

Note the people in that group are also lily white and probably from an even more specific demographic beyond that.

I've got friends across the board including liberals, conservatives, Hispanics, blacks and some Muslim U.S. citizens and most of them are NOT talking that way about Trump. Trump might be energizing the "angry old white man" vote but he's definitely also generating a lot of negative feelings about his candidacy which will be hard to ratchet down in a general election if that's his intention.

You should of watched the video.

Now, you just look you are talking out your...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join