It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing New Teeth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
So I have my fourth new tooth growing in & was wondering if anyone else has this happen or if any dentists or DAs want to chime in?
The first three were a pain as they grew in while I still had originals in place.
The latest is taking the place of a discarded molar so hopefully it will be functional.
Though the shape is off for a molar, feels more like a fang but hasn't broke the entire gum line yet so we'll see.

K~

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You probably have hyperdontia, or supernumerary teeth. Not a super rare condition.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Or...he's a shark.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Is this you?

Which teeth are new?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I had to have a few teeth extracted a year or two ago. I wish they'd just grow back...

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Probably won't.
Unless you're a shark.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
"they" however, are working on inducing new teeth in people who have lost their teeth. i saw some science media articles on it several years ago. they can get teeth to grow but they are misshapen. never the less these misshapen teeth do have all the tissues normal teeth in the proper layers. they experimented on various animal models/hosts. they know it can be done because some cancers have teeth growing in tumors elsewhere in the body. and those teeth are often or at least sometimes perfectly formed.

otherwise yes; you have to have been born with extra tooth "seeds/buds" in your jaw.

Oh; and there is some UFO lore where the UFO occupants shines a beam at some abductees and they claim to have regrown teeth as a result. (this is ATS; after all...)
edit on 13-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Is this you?

Which teeth are new?

Please say that is you, and be my best friend.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
For example:
www.slate.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Scientists Have Figured Out How to Regenerate Teeth With Lasers

Awesome! I want teeth with lasers! Then I could eat hardtack!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

i hadn't quite thought about the phraseology/syntax in that way.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
My father grew some new teeth after he had his pulled for his dentures. I guess that they didn't grow in straight though and they needed to be pulled.

I read an article about the Wisdom teeth having stem cells to start new teeth in them. I guess they could migrate through the mouth and actually start new teeth in different places from what it said. My wisdom teeth were pulled by the dentist even though they weren't bothering me as a preventive measure. Now if the article was correct, were the dentists just guaranteeing future customers and trying to convince people of something to accomplish this. They did the same thing with tonsils back when I was young and that actually messed up our immune system. They also said the appendix had no use and didn't bother trying to save it when it got a little infection, yet it has been found to actually have an important purpose recently.

People growing extra sets of teeth is kind of rare, but it does happen. People can even grow horns. We are constantly regenerating cells and utilizing stem cells. Maybe in fifty years they will be able to stimulate the jaw to grow a new tooth when they pull it.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The latest is taking the place of a discarded molar so hopefully it will be functional.

Wisdom teeth?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
pfft
And people accuse me of not thinking outside the box.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

If only I could grow my teeth back! That's the kind of stuff I dream about seeing as I have no top teeth

edit on 13-12-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Darn you and your obsession with my hardtack topic phage!!!!!!

But i do want laser teeth too

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
UFO lore where encounter with aliens causes man to regrow teeth.

inexplicata.blogspot.com...

now i seem to recall other similar tales but this is the first one to come up while googling. my UFO book reading days ended several decades ago.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

It's obviously Fukishima radiation. Duh!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
You probably have hyperdontia, or supernumerary teeth. Not a super rare condition.

Thanks I'll check that out.

K~

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

a reply to: Atsbhct

Or...he's a shark.

I do love the ocean.
K~

top topics

<<   2 >>

join