It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in Occupied Palestine: Eyewitness Stories & Photos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

i found sources saying hoax and otherwise, even so, it is a palestinian wedding.

Child Bride 14, marries 15 year old.

child brides are rather common in Palestinian areas, if that picture is false it does not diminish the reality on the ground.

forced underage marriage

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

i found sources saying hoax and otherwise, even so, it is a palestinian wedding.

Yes, it was a wedding, but those girls were not being married off.

if that picture is false it does not diminish the reality on the ground.

True. If children are being forced to marry, that may be a problem we should discuss.

My issue is that you are using photos out of context to push that narrative. It diminishes the gravity of these cases and does not help bring awareness when you have to lie to do so.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

i didnt lie, my caption was, "pictures from "occupied palestine"".
not child jihad brides

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Nyet comerade, thats a lie, it was seized during the six day war from the Jordanians. anyone living there is jordanian, not "palestinian"

Wrong it was not seized from Jordan it was seized from Palestine with the exceptions of Golan Heights which was stolen from Syria and the Sinai which was stolen from Egypt. No land was stolen from Jordan.
Israeli-occupied territories

The Israeli-occupied territories are the territories still occupied by Israel following the Six-Day War of 1967. They consist of the Palestinian Territories of the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip; much of the Golan Heights from Syria; and, until 1982, the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt. Israel maintains that the West Bank is disputed territory[1] and asserts that since the disengagement from Gaza in 2005, it no longer occupies it.

The Jews bought up thousands of acres in israel in the 1800s from the ottoman empire

Saying they bought up thousands of acres of land in Israel is a lie. Israel didn't exist until 48.

proof please

The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine

The thesis of the book is that the forced move of Palestinians to the Arab world was an objective of the Zionist movement, and a must for the desired character of the Jewish state. According to Ilan Pappé, the 1948 Palestinian exodus resulted from a planned ethnic cleansing of Palestine that was implemented by the Zionist movement leaders, mainly David Ben-Gurion and the other ten members of his "consultancy group" as referred to by Pappé. The book argues that the ethnic cleansing was put into effect through systematic expulsions of about 500 Arab villages, as well as terrorist attacks executed mainly by members of the Irgun and Haganah troops against the civilian population. Ilan Pappé also refers to Plan Dalet and to the village files as a proof of the planned expulsions.

Proof please. Gush Katif

This is what Gush Katif looks like today.

Yup it sure looks like it was never used again.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

not child jihad brides

But you have used the same picture when crying child brides.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

try again buster
jordanian occupation of west bank

and again
jewish land purchase in palestine

Former Gush Katif land today[edit]
At the time of the Gush Katif withdrawal, Israeli authorities destroyed all the Jewish residents' homes. All public buildings (schools, libraries, community centres, office buildings) as well as industrial buildings, factories and greenhouses were left intact. Palestinians dismantled most of what remained, scavenging for cement, rebar and other construction materials. There had been an intense public conflict regarding the many public structures and synagogues in Gush Katif. "Many asserted that the buildings must be destroyed in order to ensure that they would not be used by terrorist organizations in the future. The fate of many of the area’s synagogues was also discussed at that time".[36] Initially, the government was for demolishing the synagogues and was adamant that the highcourts shouldn't intervene. However, later they changed their mind. "Limor Livnat suggested involving UNESCO, with the hopes they would declare Gush Katif synagogues as official World Heritage Sites".[36] The synagogues were left intact, as the IDF didn't wish to destroy holy sites and hoped that the Palestinians would respect these buildings. However, the Palestinians set fire to the buildings,[37] and the images shocked the nation.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

not child jihad brides

But you are using those pictures to pain a specific narrative. One that is negative. It is disingenuous to use a picture of a happy occasion, such as a traditional Muslim wedding, to give the impression that these little girls are being oppressed.

If that is what you want to convey, post a picture that does, in fact, show what you are intending.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

so, child brides in gaza exist, but the picture that may or may not be negative is a misrepresentation because maybe this time they werent child brides? is that what im to understand?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

so, child brides in gaza exist, but the picture that may or may not be negative is a misrepresentation because maybe this time they werent child brides? is that what im to understand?

Exactly. It's called intellectual honesty and integrity.

Those pictures were also part of a hoax that dates back to 2009 in which internet blow-hards tried to say these little girls were part of a massive wedding in which 430 or so little girls were forced to marry older men.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

yep, i see. it was a mass hamas wedding, 430 brides, but the girls in the pictures werent the brides?

but the other pics and vids are still valid for you right?
or is it too emotional?
edit on 10-12-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

yep, i see. it was a mass hamas wedding, 430 brides, but the girls in the pictures werent the brides?

Nope. They were not the brides. They were dressed up to celebrate in a traditional Muslim ceremony. Mass wedding ceremonies are common in Palestine and it appears the youngest girl to get married at that particular ceremony was 16.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

fair enough, in the future if i use that pic i will use that disclaimer.

and the 13 year old children that went on stabbing sprees in jerusalem past few weeks.
any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I wish people quit supporting terrorism.

Israeli and Palestinians

But hell you got caught up with all the zionism agenda

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

and the 13 year old children that went on stabbing sprees in jerusalem past few weeks.
any thoughts?

No, and if I did have an opinion it would not matter in the slightest. I see violence coming from all sorts of different places and I fail to see how focusing on such a small area would make any sort of difference.....unless you have an agenda to push.

Do you have an agenda to push?
edit on 10-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

my agenda is for arab and jewish children to play and live together without being swept up in their parents violent sickness.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

But you focused on the Palestinians attacking israelis
I guess shills are shills

Zionism exist because some jews believe that any person who isnt a jew is sub human.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Jordan River

zionism exists because of jews being exterminated for 2000 years in exile and constantly being told to go back where you came from.
when the jews did that, they were told to go back to europe.
edit on 10-12-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Well, history saids that it started during ww2 but go on

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jordan River

zionism as a movement named ZIONISM began in the 1800s

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The sweet irony is that those Palestines, even though arab have jewish blood inside of them. A fraction. Even the converted islamic men have jewish blood.
Its like brother vs brother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join