It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lots of posts promoting bigotry lately

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I feel sorry for you, at least I am a women and because of my god given looks I can get away with almost anything, but heck what happen in America, you know the beautiful America, where we are a melting pot of everything, I blame it on religion, crazy bastardized religions and I mean all of them.

They all intolerant.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

And also, ask a White person, who is born and raised in Los Angeles, how they get treated when they go into largely Hispanic neighborhoods. The stares, the anger, the HISSES sometimes, the treatment for being a "Gringo"...in my own country. And how I'm known as the "Majority" when over 60% of my city is Hispanic....and many of the ones who 'hate me' aren't even CITIZENS and don't speak one lick of English.

There's TWO sides to every story.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

That is soo truth, but reality check, even I don't got in certain sectors of mostly Latino areas anywhere, and I am Latina.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: galaga
a reply to: Aazadan

You think it's bad on ATS? Try the real world. Ask how Mexican Americans are being mistaken for being "illegal" or "Muslim".

It's happened to me twice already.

Ask a White Guy (ME) living in Los Angeles, how he gets called "Puto" and "gringo" on the Freeway driving in Los Angeles. Or how my wearing a camo hat the other day almost got me in a fight with a Muslim store owner, and a random Hispanic customer, because they thought I was military and had it out for me at 6AM getting coffee...when I'm a Musician.

Poor you...huh?

No, not poor me. I stand up for myself. You on the other hand, sounds like a wuss.

I'm just baffled at how some people have been brain washed so quickly to begin to think Mexicans and Arabs are the same thing.

Oh and by the way, when someone calls you a puto, he's saying you are pretty much gay. And when they call you a Gringo,take it as a badge of honor. I know I do. In fact I'm a descendant of the original "gringos" we are called Griego now. It just means Greek.

When they say that to me. I'm like "you're goddam right"

edit on 9-12-2015 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

That is soo truth, but reality check, even I don't got in certain sectors of mostly Latino areas anywhere, and I am Latina.

LOL...like how I won't go into some places in San Bernardino county or Riverside...or the "Mountain" areas. It's like the movie Deliverance.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Typical

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rewdy75
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

....also you sound like the media has radicalised you too!

Thats how it works, but your too caught up to see it!

I am radicalized?

Apparently, daring to use reason and evidence when discussing Islam's true nature has become a radical concept to many.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Typical

Typical what? You act like I'm pure Mexican.

Believe me, I get crap from both sides. I'm half white. Genetically about 90% Western European. I'm a little browner than average.

But I've felt the hate from both sides.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

Typical

Typical what? You act like I'm pure Mexican.

Believe me, I get crap from both sides. I'm half white. Genetically about 90% Western European. I'm a little browner than average.

But I've felt the hate from both sides.

1) Typical to call someone you don't know a "wuss" on the internet, when you don't know what they're trained in or who they are
2) I speak about 60% Spanish...I know the references
3) If you're 90% European, you're not 'half White"
4) You seem to identify with being "Latino" more. So your DNA doesn't matter does it, you IDENTIFY differently
5) Hatred against WHITES is also a thing...that was my point.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

And P.S., my last two GFs were Mexican.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Wrong thread sorry I predict many more simple mistakes this evening, I should be in bed

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

And both of them dumped you!
No wonder your on here bashing Mexicans!! As for gringo/griego I dont think it really means Greek, because the Latinos are Latinos because of their 'Latin' (Mediterranean) heritage IE Greek, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rewdy75

And both of them dumped you!
No wonder your on here bashing Mexicans!! As for gringo/griego I dont think it really means Greek, because the Latinos are Latinos because of their 'Latin' (Mediterranean) heritage IE Greek, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.

I know my ancestry. My family was Greek when they sailed to the new world. The Spanish called the non Spanish speaking Greek, Griego. Meaning Greek. The Griegos really didn't interbreed with to many natives, thus keeping them mainly light completed. Staying "white". It then morphed to the word "gringo".

Griego means Greek in Spanish. Not only were my people Greek, they were also Jews.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

It's too late to say sorry mate.

And remember...prevention is better than cure !
edit on 9/12/2015 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Don't be sorry, emotions are running high lately, so just live the moment and don't let anything get to close to you.

That's how I have survived ATS this long.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

That is hilarious, but also very true, I am Latina, even I wonder if people can tell the difference between middle eastern and Latinos.

Latinos wear bandanas and drives cars that can jump, middeleasterners dont

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Curious69

And is know that Puertorrican women loves to have razor blades in their mouths.

This actually happen many years ago in NY, I am Puertorrican.
I had people actually asking me that after all this years.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I feel sorry for you, at least I am a women and because of my god given looks I can get away with almost anything, but heck what happen in America, you know the beautiful America, where we are a melting pot of everything, I blame it on religion, crazy bastardized religions and I mean all of them.

They all intolerant.

Umm individuals can be tolerant though. its just the major powers in those religons that usually cause the issues and problems. I try to personally let someone worship or do as they will so long a s it dont interfere in anothers personal path. Ill defend your right to believe what you do but only as much as it dont hurt another.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Bigotry is in the eye of the partisan.

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hating The Hate

From the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use:

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

As this thread attests, what constitutes such behavior is often a matter of opinion, and opinions vary.

ATSers are, by nature, a very diverse bunch, with members on six continents sharing points of view on almost every subject imaginable. In such an environment, it is inevitable that strong differences will arise.

Although the terms & conditions do place restrictions on what can be posted, it is a core value of ATS to respect the opinions of every member and the rights of all ATSers to decide for themselves what to believe and think.

If a post violates the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, we encourage you to alert us to it. If we determine a post to be in violation, we will take whatever action we deem appropriate to correct it.

Judging The Judges

That said, the ATS staff is as diverse as our membership, and there can be cases where we disagree about whether a post violates the rules. In particular, the question of what is "hateful" can be nebulous, and if applied too strictly, can lead to enforcement of "speech codes" and ideological censorship that can discourage honest, candid discussion of the topics we cover.

When there is doubt, it is our policy to give our members the benefit of that doubt.

Because of that, we may choose not to take action that some ATSers might themselves consider obvious or even mandatory. In such cases, we invite feedback via alerts or the Complaint/Suggestion feature. We may not change a decision or reply to all feedback, but we do consider it and always appreciate it when members take the time to tell us what they think.

For broader issues, threads like this one can help raise awareness, but it's important that we not use Board Business & Questions as a place to report specific violations, or as a proxy for debates better suited to other forums.

Over the past several pages, we've often gone somewhat afield of the core topic, and that would probably get worse without draconian moderation (which we don't like any more than anyone else does). I don't want what Djarums posted or the fundamental message to be lost in the shuffle, so I'm closing this thread.

As always, if you should disagree with this decision or anything I should post, please don't hesitate to send me a private message. I'm not perfect, and good people can disagree on just about anything.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your opinions on this issue.

tl;dr version: Alert us to hateful posts, and we'll do our best to deal with them fairly.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join