It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lots of posts promoting bigotry lately

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

If it's an issue of people not reporting these things, then fine. Perhaps I'll start using alerts.

That's probably your best bet. Trust me, they will get your alert then collectively determine whether or not the post should be removed, thread deleted, detrmined a hoax, dish out warnings, etc etc.

If they don't do what you expect then there is a good reason for that, and you are likely misunderstanding or taking something out of context or being too emotional etc.

Again, those decisions are not made by just one mod, and the only reason I know this is because I have been told this on a few occasions by several mods when I thought I might be dealing with a biased moderator. As it turns out, I was the one who ended up as being the proven douche-bag with overblown emotions etc.

ATS actually has a great system in place with a wonderful group of moderators. Utilize them, you will be pleased by the results.

Good luck!
edit on 9-12-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ButsDuge
What is it in the definition of "inalienable rights" that leads you to believe that you can proclaim what is or is not "free speech"?

In practice no rights are absolute, they all have limitations on them. For example:
Your right to bear arms doesn't allow you to build a nuclear weapon.
Your right to free speech doesn't allow you to incite others to commit crimes.
Your right to peacefully assemble doesn't allow you to cause undue hardship to those not in your protest.
Your right to due process has been destroyed by the plea bargain system.
Your right to practice your religion does not allow you to break any laws in doing so.
Your right to a free press does not allow you to print lies.
Your right against search and seizure does not protect against electronic communications
Your right to not self incriminate does not apply to refusing to hand over a password

(these last two have gone back and forth in court for over 100 years, but this is the side they're currently on)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I got a severe warning the other day for something I said concerning Salafists and extremist Muslims. I advocated some very 'bad stuff' which I won't repeat again for fear of a ban, but I did mean it, and still do.

I'm sure the Moderators can handle it. They have T&C rules for a reason so I understand. I advocated violence and I rightfully got posts erased. No big deal.

ATS is pretty good about keeping people in check.

But also you gotta remember that some BIG stuff is going on worldwide. People are angry. It happens. We've had NUMEROUS attacks by people in the name of ISLAM, we are currently at war with extremists, along with many other nations. It's a reality. It's a current forefront topic.

edit on 9-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

What I'm referring to isn't free speech. I'm referring to posts that are outright calling for violence against Muslims. Whether that's our military invading them, politicians putting them in camps, people carrying guns for the express purpose of shooting them, and so on.

In what world are you living in that we aren't already using our military to invade them? The politicians telling us to be tolerant of Muslims while bombing the ones they don't like is the height of hypocrisy. If that's your criteria you should be telling the MSM to stop televising everything that the government, including Obama, ever says.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Maybe we should tell the Muslims to stop spreading hate and terrorizing us
You know, that would be swell. Tell the extremists that there is a limit to what can and can't be said. I say start a petition! Regulate terrorism! Joking with that.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The West and the East both propaganda war speech. Choose a side, they tell us, fight and glories await.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Mate - it's really all about being able to discern your turd from your chocolate ...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think the amount of bile being spat here in this thread calling for a general reduction in hatred is pretty indicative of the state of ATS right now.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Its all about people behing offended that someone got offended, right or left its the main stay of ats threads during election cycles.

People hide behind the pc police comment so they can be bigots and get away with it.

Every generation we hear how the next one is terrible bla bla bla, rinse and repeat its funny most of the time.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Who cares, you're all bigots and hypocrites it's all depends on which side of the argument you're on, plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

You might need to brush up and what the word bigot means

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'd have a lot more respect for some of my fellow members if they would just come out and admit their are bigoted or racist. It's funny that we can all agree that there are plenty of racists in this world, yet there isn't one single admitted racist on ATS.

We know whom some of them are. We see it in their posts and threads, yet they always claim they are not racists. They claim their bigoted and racist posts are truth.

Well, it's truth to them because they are racist. Wish they were strong enough in character to at least e honest about it.
edit on 9-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: jheated5

You might need to brush up and what the word bigot means

You might need to brush up on what the word hypocrite means.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
But also you gotta remember that some BIG stuff is going on worldwide. People are angry. It happens. We've had NUMEROUS attacks by people in the name of ISLAM, we are currently at war with extremists, along with many other nations. It's a reality. It's a current forefront topic.

I partly agree, however the point usually is, the direction at which people direct their anger.
Don't forget that we're all being played by propaganda and confusing agenda's as well nowadays.
I would like to see that people en masse would direct their frustrations at the lobbies and politicians that provide the mess we're all in.
Most times it's just smoke and mirrors in order for people to mistrust and hate eachother instead of the ones causing chaos, in order for them to continue the status quo.
Just my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yep, the ones who defend themselves the most that they aren't, are usually the biggest among us

Same in real life... go figure.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The negativity/bigotry/hatred going around is a hell of a lot bigger than ATS.

That said, on here we do the best we can. Our volunteer staff have been incredibly busy trying to keep things under control and keep hatred off our forums. At the same time our members must understand that the staff can not see everything and we rely on our members to alert us when something needs attention.

As I've explained a few times in past threads the mechanism for alerting is incredibly easy. On the lower left corner of a member's profile (in-thread) you can click on the little image of a person and a few options come up - one of which is alert. When you alert the staff to a problem your alert is immediately placed in a forum that all staff have access to. This is why it is more efficient to alert than to send a staff member a message. All staff will see your alert, come to a consensus and act if necessary.

The bottom line is considering the size of ATS and the fact that it is run by an all volunteer staff with full time jobs of their own the only way to deal with this is for those members who want to help the community to click alert.

Thanks to all.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I agree. Some of the things I've seen people say are questionable, like, you really believe that crap.

Looks like ATS has taken a hard right, in my opinion.
edit on 9-12-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I agree with this thread. I've been seeing it too. Even if you try to give a rational account to these people, they just angrily attack you. I can't count how many times I've been called a Muslim apologist like is is supposed to be a bad thing that I'm defending a group of people from being slandered for the actions of a few.

I've also seen calls reemerging to "glass the middle east". Ok, I know free speech is to honored as much as possible, but if you are calling for nuclear annihilation against a whole region of people then you need to be infracted by a mod. That # is unacceptable.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I agree with this thread. I've been seeing it too. Even if you try to give a rational account to these people, they just angrily attack you. I can't count how many times I've been called a Muslim apologist like is is supposed to be a bad thing that I'm defending a group of people from being slandered for the actions of a few.

I've also seen calls reemerging to "glass the middle east". Ok, I know free speech is to honored as much as possible, but if you are calling for nuclear annihilation against a whole region of people then you need to be infracted by a mod. That # is unacceptable.

This is one of the reasons I am limiting my participation on ATS at the moment, I made a similiar thread and cited a post that I flagged saying we (presumably the USA) should drop a nuclear bomb on the entire middle east.

I got some grief and was told to man up.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Buddy, if I see you getting attacked for calling out someone for wanting to nuke the Middle East, I won't hesitate to back you up. Rhetoric like that is reprehensible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join