It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro or ISIS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I am wondering what would be worse to live under. Living under ISIS or in a land under Westboro Baptist? Gays would have no chance in either, thats for sure.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Life under any extremist rule would not be worth living. One is as bad as the other IMO and neither deserve to wreak their evil on others who just wish to exist on this planet peacefully. A need for deep breathing combined with a shortage of air for all of these folks would probably see the world a better place.

edit on 12/8/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Good question ... if a little bit twisted.

I hate both unconditionally, but Westboro might be better to live under because at least they won't chop off your hands for stealing a one-dollar watch.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
better believe I will take WestBoro over daesh. pfft... I dont even think its a question. They are liberal sweethearts in comparison to the cannibal child raping slave trader barbarians currently taking advantage of the power vacuums in the Middle East/Africa.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Marcus069

Westboro is despicable. That is, I have never, EVER known them to contribute ANYTHING in any positive way.

That being said.... you're going to compare a pathetic, hate-filled group that uses incredibly inappropriate "protests" with a group that beheads people? You are going to compare people that obnoxiously protest soldiers' funerals with those that set people on fire alive?

Let's be clear, it is "possible" that if Westboro had the chance, they may very well go out and kill people. BUT... as of yet they have not.

This extreme moral equivalency game that goes on is borderline insanity. To put it another way, and because you stated, "Gays would have no chance in either"... how many homosexuals have been tossed off of rooftops by Westboro? How many by ISIS and those cut from their same cloth?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Wesboro church has this to say about Australia .

and Australia, which it describes as the "land of the sodomite damned"

To borrow from your avatar WTF .

Anyways the church had 40 members as of 2011 , isis has followers in the possibly millions . One might assume the lesser of two evils is the one with the least followers .
Then they have this little gem on their website .

The Church's disapproval of racism and the use of physical violence by groups such as neo-Nazis and the KKK is stated on its website.

Cant say i can argue with that .
edit on 8-12-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Neither. Check this video out on why I wouldn't accept a Christian Theocracy:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Passerby1996

Yeah true, but although Westboro seem weak physically and are all talk I could imagine them creating death squads if they had 50,000 plus members, who would strictly enforce suitable punishment if anyone broke any of the 10 Commandments.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

They are both the same, two sides of the same coin and as long as freedom loving humans outweigh oppression loving psychos, it will be a cold day in hell before either get the reigns.

If given the opportunity to run the government and blanket oppress large swathes of society (as they would surely do), both would kill everyone who does not adhere to their interpretation of what they believe their God thinks.

If there is indeed a God/Allah s/he has surely disowned them both, and likely has a special place in hell reserved especially for them.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Just as the OP has... you are taking hypotheticals and pretending they are real to say, "Yeah, it's the same."

I'll say again I can't stand Westboro.... but this desire to try and find a way to make ISIS not that much worse than what we have here in the States is obscene.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So demonstrable actions that have taken place are the same, in your opinion, as those that you theorize would happen?

Perhaps I'm a simpleton, but I still maintain that actions speak louder than words.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Westboro any day.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
westboro is simply taking advantage of their First Amendment rights as guaranteed by our constitution. As ar as I know, they have not even so much as committed any felonies in the process, let alone commit any physical assault or harm onto anyone.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I can't pick between Authoritarians, but frankly, Westboro only has 20-25 followers whereas Islam has 1.5 billion.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
As ar as I know, they have not even so much as committed any felonies in the process, let alone commit any physical assault or harm onto anyone.

Thats only because they are so small and weak in number. If they had the same amount of members as ISIS who is to say they would not resort to violence? I could see them participating in stoning, whippings, just as the bible says.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I can't pick between Authoritarians, but frankly, Westboro only has 20-25 followers whereas Islam has 1.5 billion.

Its a thought experiment so just imagine equal numbers in both.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marcus069
I am wondering what would be worse to live under. Living under ISIS or in a land under Westboro Baptist? Gays would have no chance in either, thats for sure.

Are you serious? You are comparing Nazis to Harper. If you don't know the atrocities of Isil by now give your head a shake.

Question. Are you Wahhabi?

If you answered no or what is that you are dead. Game #ing over.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I think ISIS would probably be worse...

They come at you with guns... WBC only comes at you with signs and stupidity...

I'd Rather be able to kick a bigot moron's ass then potentially getting shot or worse

edit on 8-12-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

You are going to compare people that obnoxiously protest soldiers' funerals with those that set people on fire alive?

That's the connection they'd like you to make.

Haven't you noticed a certain "crowd" bending over backwards and tripping on themselves to correlate radical Islam with fundie Christianity?

It's a strange phenomenon. They want to cast Christianity in a negative light by comparing it to Islam, yet want to be the first to defend Muslims at the expense of Christians.

There's a persistent lack of ideological consistency being displayed by this "crowd".

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Umm,is there an option "C"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join