It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro or ISIS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Option C is death, and option D is get your gun and choose your own #ing destiny American style baby!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: Marcus069

Umm,is there an option "C"?

Yeah, how about living under the Scientologists for a third option? The lesser of three evils I would say.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So was there a point to this?

House Arrakis or Anne Coulter?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kargun

originally posted by: Marcus069
I am wondering what would be worse to live under. Living under ISIS or in a land under Westboro Baptist? Gays would have no chance in either, thats for sure.

Are you serious? You are comparing Nazis to Harper. If you don't know the atrocities of Isil by now give your head a shake.

Hey if ISIS was one big family with little kids, women and old people I dont think they could do much either but have signs saying "Death to Infidels"!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
So was there a point to this?

House Arrakis or Anne Coulter?

Is there a point to any thought experiment?? Thats why its called a thought experiment, doofus.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Westboro

There are only 40 of them and to my knowledge they haven't crucified, beheaded, tortured, building punted, or burned alive anyone.

I will take the Sh1t talkers over "proven" murderous zealots that number in the 10's of thousands or more any day of the week.

edit on 9-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Experiment implies you had a hypothesis, goofus.

So I ask House Arrakis or Ann Coulter, she looks like that Odo guy from Star Trek.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Experiment implies you had a hypothesis, goofus.

So I ask House Arrakis or Ann Coulter, she looks like that Odo guy from Star Trek.

Goofus?

LOL, I like that... and yeah, I can see the Odo thing.
edit on 9-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Personally I would eat a steady diet of Kimchi and Billys famous pan pizzas and then join Westboro. Get into one of those nice fancy church vans with the core leadership. Park the van in a way that the doors have become wedged shut, there is no escape, only acceptance.

I am sure after a few hours, anything is possible.

#CH4DALORD
edit on 9-12-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Dude, Odo is a changeling. She IS ODO!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I am wondering what would be worse to live under. Living under ISIS or in a land under Westboro Baptist? Gays would have no chance in either, thats for sure.

First, I wouldn't put Westboro down as fundamentalist Christians. Admittedly, I don't know much about them but from the pictures I've seen, you couldn't pick them out of a crowd. An aberrant cult perhaps but not fundamentalist. For fundamentalism in Christianity you have to look to the Amish and Mennonites. You can pick them out in a crowd because they are following the commandment to be in the world but not of the world.

Believe me, there are no better neighbors and community members than those strange fundie Christians like the Amish.
These sects are probably the closest to living by the fundamental precepts in the teachings of Christ. To say that Westboro represents fundamentalist Christians is an insult to those fine folks of the real fundie cults.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
So I take it the subject is taking compromise in favour of the lesser wickedness. Bad form I'd say. Rather make no compromises because it'll lead to this weakness to be exploited like a cheap whore in a saw dust motel.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Passerby1996

they [ westboro baptists ] currently cherry pick what bliblically sanctioned idiocy they want everyone to abide by

IF they had any sort of power - they MIGHT decide to go full retard .............ooops full literalist and demand 100% biblical compliance

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

A: Westboro
B: ISIS

or C: None of the above [x]

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: chr0naut

Option C is death, and option D is get your gun and choose your own #ing destiny American style baby!!!

So, death both ways?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I would rather be called names than beheaded, burned alive, thrown off buildings, drowned in a cage, etc.

Pretty easy choice, unless you are are a real Muslim like ISIS members are.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I can't pick between Authoritarians, but frankly, Westboro only has 20-25 followers whereas Islam has 1.5 billion.

Pretty sure the question was ISIS not Muslims.
Otherwise it would be Isis only has 50,000 followers but Christianity has 2.2 Billion!!

It's dumb.

ISIS does not represent all Muslims or even a worthwhile percentage and it's disingenuous to suggest it does.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I think Westboro would be easier to fight back against, easier to destroy and not as smart as isis.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I really don't think I'd ever say I'd pick Westboro for something, but this would be it. As others have pointed out, they've lost a lot of teeth since old Fred died, and there are a lot less of them. Plus, to the best of my knowledge all they've ever done is bark. ISIS actually bites and they have a much, much bigger pack.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I would refuse to accept the governance of either.

Under neither one is any form of democracy possible, and although I strongly dislike being asked to decide between the lesser of several incompetent evils when I vote, I HATE the idea of bowing to any dictator. It would be my duty as a human being to dismantle their entire enterprise, no matter which bunch gained power, be it awful supremacist Christians, or supremacist Muslims.

I may not be free as I am today, and trust me, I am not. But death would be preferable to living on my knees.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join