It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Suing Museum for Exhibiting Paintings Depicting Jesus as White Because That’s Racist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: infolurker

Did they not provide him with a "Safe Place" and "Counseling"?

Ought to be arrested for a frivolous law suit!

Who was hurt and what damage other than his fragile mindset was damaged?

Big government is grand isn't it?

Sufficient trigger warnings were not present at every entrance, exit, and painting..

A clear violation of safe space and example of institutional racism...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

When did I ever equate Trump to BLM? I get you don't like BLM but no need to put words into my mouth. I clearly stated why I believe and his media hype has taken PC to a whole ridiculous level, as seen on this site.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Yeah, and the actions of Trump and his big stupid mouth have given us the consequences of people accusing people of being PC.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I think it's great! Just another perfect example of PC gone amok!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

while accusing anyone who disagrees with them as being PC.

Yes, so much so that as an insult it's taken over the much beloved accusation of "progressive"...

I've seen it too, Swills...
People should pay attention.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Anosognosia

He is on topic. What don't you understand about his post?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Yup, unfortunately when you have an extreme you tend to get the opposite extreme, main reason im an independent
edit on 8-12-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

South Park's obsession with PC came at the arrival of Caitlyn Jenner. I like SP but I don't watch TV so I dunno if they've been making fun of Trump but I'm sure they are since the show's material is grounded in current affairs. If they're calling Trump names it's because he deserves it.

PC has not entered my life ever and I've been around the block. As far as I'm concerned it only exists in the media, social justice warriors, and perhaps college campuses. It has not been taking over the world and reached any kind of levels of extremism.

But like I said, it wasn't until Trump stating bragging how Un-PC he is till I noticed posters on this site also bragging about how Un-PC they are while accusing anyone who disagrees with them as being PC.

South Park has been anti-pc for almost 20 years now...please stop lying.

Correlation does not equal Causation. Simply because it is now "mainstream" to talk about PC extremism, doesn't mean PC extremism did not exist. People have been fighting against this for a long time(myself included), even before Obama was president.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
And for today's PC Story of hurt feelings, I bring you the ultimate discrimination and mental anguish lawsuit:

Old Paintings Picture Jesus Christ as white and that is racist!

Can you believe it! This poor man has suffered severe mental anguish from seeing this heretical artwork at the public museum.

Blasphemy!

LOL.

But really. Most of us know Jesus was Semitic. This is just frivolous PC bull#. Anyone else think that this is getting ridiculous?

nypost.com...
www.nationalreview.com...

by Katherine Timpf December 8, 2015 5:19 PM

A man is actually suing the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York for exhibiting masterpiece paintings of Jesus Christ because Jesus is white and blond in the paintings — and that is racist. Justin Renel Joseph has filed a lawsuit in the Manhattan Supreme Court alleging that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 demands that the four paintings be removed, according to an article in New York Post. “They completely changed his race to make him more aesthetically pleasing for white people,” he told the Post. “I’m suing a public venue which by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 can’t discriminate on a protected basis.” Joseph said that seeing a white Jesus in Ricci’s “The Holy Family with Angels,” Perugino’s “The Resurrection,” Tintoretto’s “The Miracle of the Loaves and Fishes” and Granacci’s “The Crucifixion” caused him “personal stress.”

The stress was especially severe, Joseph said, because Jesus had “black hair like wool and skin of bronze color” and he also has “black hair like wool and skin of bronze color.” “The implication that someone who possesses physical features like the plaintiff could not be the important historical and public figure of Jesus Christ . . . caused the plaintiff to feel, among other things, rejected and unaccepted by society,” court papers say.

According to Joseph, who is acting as his own lawyer, the paintings are “offensive aesthetic whitewashing” and their display in the museum is “an extreme case of discrimination.” Apparently, he does not believe that the fact that the artwork is culturally and historically important is any reason display it in a museum where people go to see culturally and historically important artwork.

I couldn't care less if Jesus was White, Arabian, Black, or Chinese. Insisting on him being any single race is not only racist but also misses the point of any of his (or any spiritual teachers) teachings.

However, the whole "The most miraculous thing about Jesus was that he was a White guy in the ancient Middle East" meme is also missing the mark. There were definitely some Caucasoid groups in the ME back then, ESPECIALLY around the Mediterranean, from Greece to Lebanon.

If the Bible is accurate, then he would have been a Semite. However, if Ashkenazi Jews actually do have some trace back to Israel, then he also plausibly could have had some Caucasian features.

But again, it doesn't really matter.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I understood all of it. No need to start with the passive aggressive personal attacks.

He said:

If you're a Christian based on what his skin color was then you shouldn't really be Christian

What does that have to do with this post? Please do tell.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

No they make fun of Trump haha.

I think Canada elects a Trump type of president because they "weren't paying attention and thought it was funny" and he gets raped to death by Mr. Garrison

i love South Park....

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And Michelangelo probably didn't sculp a realistic portrayal of David, either.

That's hard to say. One of the reasons why the Renaissance artists achieved such great detail of muscle and body contour was because they used cadavers to work from. So, I'd assume the portrayal of David is real for the most part. Of course, I wasn't there so take it as you will.

Back on topic. Yes, PC is getting out of control.
edit on 8-12-2015 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
He couldn't assuage his own hurt feefees with this....

Black Jesus Wha????

I mean c'mon. Do we have to not only make it... But also FORCE FEED it to people too?

I have a corner, a binky, and a blanket left over from my children that he can borrow for a few minutes while he bravely tries to pull himself together in an attempt to continue some kind of meager existence upon this planet that has failed him yet again.

C'mere booboo.... Mamma'll make it better. Shhhhhh.....
edit on 12/8/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

No they make fun of Trump haha.

I think Canada elects a Trump type of president because they "weren't paying attention and thought it was funny" and he gets raped to death by Mr. Garrison

i love South Park....

We can agree on that!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
He couldn't assuage his own hurt feefee's with this....

www.imdb.com...

I mean c'mon. Do we have to not only make it... But also FORCE FEED it to people too?

I have a corner, a binky, and a blanket left over from my children that he can borrow for a few minutes while he bravely tries to pull himself together in an attempt to continue some kind of meager existence upon this planet that has failed him yet again.

C'mere booboo.... Mamma'll make it better. Shhhhhh....

rofl...I forgot about that show!

Just imagine the outrage if there was a show called "White Jesus" on network television.

The butt hurt outrage from the SJW PC radical extremists would be off the charts.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Stop lying? When did I say South Park was political correct? I see you're confused so I'll write it again, South Parks obsession with PC this season, which introduced PC principal, began with Caitlyn Jenner.

No, it's obvious that PC is has been hyped up recently and it's not because you think PC has reach extremism levels. So please, how about you stop lying because we all know you haven't been fighting against political correctness for a long time. Well, unless you've been a college student for a couple of decades then maybe I will believe you.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Outrage at PC is just more PC painted another shade of s# stain brown...

You're essentially telling others what they should and shouldn't be outraged about.

Get over it.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anosognosia

I understood all of it. No need to start with the passive aggressive personal attacks.

He said:

If you're a Christian based on what his skin color was then you shouldn't really be Christian

What does that have to do with this post? Please do tell.

Passive aggressive personal attacks? Read into posts much? He was on topic and no one is being aggressive. So you pick one sentence out of his entire post and attack him? Hello pot, meet kettle.

That quote has everything to do with the story in the OP. For you, I'll copy and paste the article from the NY Post and maybe this time you'll get it.

A Manhattan man is suing the Met, claiming it’s committing sacrilege by depicting Jesus as a blond.

“Racist” paintings portraying Christ as an “Aryan” male should be removed from the walls of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Justin Renel Joseph argues in his Manhattan Supreme Court lawsuit.

The masterpieces are “offensive aesthetic whitewashing” of the reality that the Savior, as a native of the Middle Eastern region, had “black hair like wool and skin of bronze color,” says Joseph, 33, who is acting as his own lawyer.

edit on 8-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is how I view people like this: They have little to none personal depth. They cannot see past themselves, think past their front doors, and don't walk in the streets at night. These are people whom would have benefited from a longer elementary educational system, and perhaps more one-on-one time in the socially developed department.

In the regards to the color of Jesus, his skin was tan, and dark, according to the bible from whence he came.

If you don't even believe that Jesus had been around, the whole idea of him being ANY particular color at all, is a matter of perspective. Hence why many african-american's portray him as dark brown, black, and whites or mexicans, the same... white or tan.

Regardless, at the end of the day: THIS IS ART, and art is PERSPECTIVE. To each his own, and if they take this painting down, I'm going to be pissed that our society couldn't stand on it's own two feet for a change and put someone in their place.

Preferably in an art class. At no cost.

edit on 8-12-2015 by ConMi27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Anyone else think that this is getting ridiculous?

Nah, I'm waiting for the lawsuits against the Sun for causing the majority of rapes, and motor vehicle theft assaults to occur when its Dark outside.

Why do we have to name something that is so violent that consumes the beautiful light as a black hole?

Why do ATS members hate ATS dark theme?

But yeah thats pretty ridiculous as its art and up to the artist how he depicts things.

edit on 381231America/ChicagoTue, 08 Dec 2015 21:38:52 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join