It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Suing Museum for Exhibiting Paintings Depicting Jesus as White Because That’s Racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Once the Saffers beat us Poms this winter in SA all hell shall be let loose.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The defense attourney and judge should order the plaintiff to produce photographic evidence that Jesus wasn't white. What? You can't? Case dismissed, plaintiff charged with wanton waste of state resources and filing false claims, fine equivalent to 100% of his personal assets.

Wouldn't you have to prove he existed in the first place?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Maybe they could hire that painter who touched up this

edit on 8-12-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Maybe they could hire that painter who touched up this

That was that Spanish bloody woman, oh my god she got so much # for that! Hahahahahaha

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This is absurd. These sort of news stories convince me that humanity might end from stupidity or mass mental illness rather then nuclear wars.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MegaSpace
This is absurd. These sort of news stories convince me that humanity might end from stupidity or mass mental illness rather then nuclear wars.

I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Not about to go down that dark alley when the burden of proof related to my idea provides a well lit boulevard, safe from even having to delve down a pathway paved with personal Faith and traditional beliefs which would make the case a total circus.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Ever since Trump stepped into the spotlight and repeatedly would talk to the media saying things like "I'm not PC, I know it's not PC, etc", I've noticed all of his followers are now obsessed with PC. I'm almost positive this trend didn't exist until Trump opened his fat mouth.

Parroting, I think is the word to best describe this type of scenario.

Who cares if one man finds a white Jesus offensive? I doubt the courts will.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It was beyond ridiculous a long time ago.

At least people are starting to wake up to it.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Ever since Trump stepped into the spotlight and repeatedly would talk to the media saying things like "I'm not PC, I know it's not PC, etc", I've noticed all of his followers are now obsessed with PC. I'm almost positive this trend didn't exist until Trump opened his fat mouth.

100% wrong.

The only reason this is so common now is because he is forcing the conversation in the MSM.

Also, PC extremism has been growing exponentially for almost a decade now, so eventually it was going to need to be addressed.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Anosognosia

No I disagree. While PC has been around and will continue to be around, it was never in the spotlight like it has since the release of Trump. When Trump finally fades back into the shadows so will his anti PC followers, I'm calling it now.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Ummmm... I am not a Trump supporter.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's okay to disagree, but you are wrong.

Just look at South Park for example. They made a whole episode making fun of Trump, basically calling him out as a retard. In this same season they are also focusing on PC culture and how ridiculous it has become.

Micro aggressions, safe zones? These things are new and completely ridiculous and need to be stopped.

The outrage over PC extremism is coming from all around the world, from all backgrounds/religions/political party affiliations.

Trump simply trolled the MSM into talking about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

So you are blaming Trump for things like BLM and the current rash of crybullyism we see taking place on college campuses?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Who cares what this fool thinks. Its a beautiful painting. You have all types of Jesus painting by all types of people.

You have and not limited to

black
white
middle eastern
Asian
and alien Jesus

I've seen them all but who cares. If you're a Christian based on what his skin color was then you shouldn't really be Christian

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Whether you are or you aren't, it wasn't until his arrival have I seen anti PC people flooding this site with accusations of PC this and PC that. It's getting ridiculous. Some are new, some have been here a long time, but all seem to be caught up in the media windfall of political correctness.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

All actions have a reaction

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I don't think that was his point at all. The fact that somebody is suing over the color of someones skin in a painting is what is being addressed.

Maybe you should stick to the topic!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

South Park's obsession with PC came at the arrival of Caitlyn Jenner. I like SP but I don't watch TV so I dunno if they've been making fun of Trump but I'm sure they are since the show's material is grounded in current affairs. If they're calling Trump names it's because he deserves it.

PC has not entered my life ever and I've been around the block. As far as I'm concerned it only exists in the media, social justice warriors, and perhaps college campuses. It has not been taking over the world and reached any kind of levels of extremism.

But like I said, it wasn't until Trump stating bragging how Un-PC he is till I noticed posters on this site also bragging about how Un-PC they are while accusing anyone who disagrees with them as being PC.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Ok I'll stay on topic.... WHO CARES.

white washed or not I still wanna see the painting. Maybe all the people offended can cover their eyes when they walk past

or they can make it a history event about the evil white mans agenda

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join