It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Suing Museum for Exhibiting Paintings Depicting Jesus as White Because That’s Racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
And for today's PC Story of hurt feelings, I bring you the ultimate discrimination and mental anguish lawsuit:

Old Paintings Picture Jesus Christ as white and that is racist!

Can you believe it! This poor man has suffered severe mental anguish from seeing this heretical artwork at the public museum.

Blasphemy!

LOL.

But really. Most of us know Jesus was Semitic. This is just frivolous PC bull#. Anyone else think that this is getting ridiculous?

nypost.com...
www.nationalreview.com...

by Katherine Timpf December 8, 2015 5:19 PM

A man is actually suing the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York for exhibiting masterpiece paintings of Jesus Christ because Jesus is white and blond in the paintings — and that is racist. Justin Renel Joseph has filed a lawsuit in the Manhattan Supreme Court alleging that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 demands that the four paintings be removed, according to an article in New York Post. “They completely changed his race to make him more aesthetically pleasing for white people,” he told the Post. “I’m suing a public venue which by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 can’t discriminate on a protected basis.” Joseph said that seeing a white Jesus in Ricci’s “The Holy Family with Angels,” Perugino’s “The Resurrection,” Tintoretto’s “The Miracle of the Loaves and Fishes” and Granacci’s “The Crucifixion” caused him “personal stress.”

The stress was especially severe, Joseph said, because Jesus had “black hair like wool and skin of bronze color” and he also has “black hair like wool and skin of bronze color.” “The implication that someone who possesses physical features like the plaintiff could not be the important historical and public figure of Jesus Christ . . . caused the plaintiff to feel, among other things, rejected and unaccepted by society,” court papers say.

According to Joseph, who is acting as his own lawyer, the paintings are “offensive aesthetic whitewashing” and their display in the museum is “an extreme case of discrimination.” Apparently, he does not believe that the fact that the artwork is culturally and historically important is any reason display it in a museum where people go to see culturally and historically important artwork.

edit on 8-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
And Michelangelo probably didn't sculp a realistic portrayal of David, either.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Frivolous lawsuit is frivolous.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Did they not provide him with a "Safe Place" and "Counseling"?

Ought to be arrested for a frivolous law suit!

Who was hurt and what damage other than his fragile mindset was damaged?

Big government is grand isn't it?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
We should probably take a page out of the ISIS play book and burn those horrid and painful paintings before they send anyone else to therapy.

I'll bet Obama has allowed just the right people to be imported under the refugee program to assist with that.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Some people need to be shown the difference between historic and history. Frickin idiots.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Behold!! Ye precious snowflakes of little faith, I bring you glad tidings of a solution to the problem...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

If an attorney is involved, the attorney needs to be both disbarred and then given a prison sentence.

I'm a US taxpayer, and I am damned tired of my sweat equity being used frivilously.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
What's next?

A class action lawsuit by gingers upset about that awful remake of Annie "culturally appropriated" by African Americans?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
wow insane!

and then there are those that complain over the star wars leading actors race! can you believe that either?

"Racists Urge Boycott of ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Over Black Lead,"

www.thedailybeast.com...

edit on 8-12-2015 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Does this mean I can sue NBC because they were showing this thing called The Wiz LIVE!, and i turned it on expecting this:

and instead I got this:

and now I am confused, hurt, marginalized and disturbed because I saw no characters that looked like me? And the Civil Rights Act says the can't discriminate like that ...

Also, cultural appropriation ...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Next comes burning the old masterpieces I suppose

PC mad people are clearly on their way to being ignored and marginalized and they bring it on themselves. They deserve to be ridiculed at this point.

Sadly it cheapens the meaning of real problems that need addressed when these nut jobs run wild.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If he has a problem with Jesus being white, then HE'S the racist. I have no problem with people depicting Jesus as ANY skin color. Jewish people are obviously light-skinned, so... People need to quit whooping out their deck of race cards at the drop of a hat.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
What's next?

A class action lawsuit by gingers upset about that awful remake of Annie "culturally appropriated" by African Americans?

From what I can find, this man appears to be some sort of activist with his own agenda.

It also appears that he is an African-Hebrew Christian.

Mr. Joseph who is of African and Hebrew descent and a Christian says that by permanently displaying the historically inaccurate racist depictation of a “blonde haired, fair-skinned Aryan male” makes him feel “rejected” and “unacepted” by society.

The plaintiff Justin Renel Joseph in his suit claims that among other things, he was subjected to psychological and emotional harm on November 26, 2015 at The MET after viewing the “Racist Artworks” pertaining to the historic and public figure known as “Jesus” which he found to be anti-Semitic, racist and an offensive whitewashing which amounts to cultural theft being endorsed by the City of New York.

Source

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Watch out Kiwi's the ALL BLACKS are next.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The only thing racist about this story is the guy who is filing the lawsuit.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Jesus is only an interpretation, as is every other Deity, including God...Frivolous Lawsuit, has no teeth, Dog wont hunt, Case Dismissed with filing fees and court cost...Lol

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

They all did do some kind of suspiciously Maori-looking dance at the beginning of the World Rugby finals, and some of them were clearly not Maori. So, they are clearly guilty of cultural appropriation too.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Sublimecraft

They all did do some kind of suspiciously Maori-looking dance at the beginning of the World Rugby finals, and some of them were clearly not Maori. So, they are clearly guilty of cultural appropriation too.

It's called the Haka. The All Blacks are a fantastic organization and I'm glad their traditions have inspired others around the world.

edit on 8-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The defense attourney and judge should order the plaintiff to produce photographic evidence that Jesus wasn't white. What? You can't? Case dismissed, plaintiff charged with wanton waste of state resources and filing false claims, fine equivalent to 100% of his personal assets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join