It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Proponent versus Stefan Molyneux.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If you are interested in the flat earth conspiracy you may find this video of interest. Canadian blogger Stefan Molyneux debates the issue with a flat earth proponent who sounds like Stephen Hawkins in a higher vocal range (not sure if the voice is synthesised). Video was uploaded 7th Nov 2015.

Some of the proponents arguments ...

The sun is only 3000 miles away. No evidence of curvature (it is only fish-eye lenses) and also going up in a balloon proves this. Distance is limited only by atmospheric density. Polaris is fixed, everything rotates around it. Toilets in Australia flush the opposite way because they are made that way. Space rockets do not go into space they land in the sea, that is why they don't fly straight. Space agencies created the conspiracy of going into space as it creates thousands of jobs.

Stefan (love him or hate him) made a comment which I think was pertinent. If everything revolves around the earth theists would have held onto this for dear life as it would prove Genesis.

Personally I found the video jaw-dropping and I don't mean it in the enlightening sense. It baffles me how someone with obvious intelligence not only believes in this bs but also tries to argue this intellectually. Intelligence does not always equate to common sense but this is staggering!

Soundcloud Link

For some reason the video is not displaying.

Link

edit on 7-12-2015 by deliberator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: deliberator

It baffles me how someone with obvious intelligence not only believes in this bs but also tries to argue this intellectually.

This is what happens when conspiracy theories go horribly wrong.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thanks for that.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: deliberator
Stefan (love him or hate him) made a comment which I think was pertinent. If everything revolves around the earth theists would have held onto this for dear life as it would prove Genesis.

That argument is a logical fallacy. It's a gotcha type of comment, which does not actually prove anything.

There are many, many arguments the FE people can't answer.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

It's too ridiculous for my tastes to watch, even just for a laugh, but I've always wondered what flat Earthers figure happens at the edge. Do you just start back at the opposite edge, like PacMan?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I hadnt heard of this guy OP, he made me chuckle, so I might do a search on him and see who he is.

Thanks for sharing, luv your avatar.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Wow odd I watched the whole video not two days ago.
You can see the frustration in Stephens face, how many times did he have to ask the guy where the sun went when it was dark and why is it light in other places.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Thanks re the avatar dogstar 23. He did ask him that question.

Wow odd I watched the whole video not two days ago. You can see the frustration in Stephens face, how many times did he have to ask the guy where the sun went when it was dark and why is it light in other places.

Did you see Stefan's face when the guy told him the sun is closer than Australia! I think Stefan was talking to a paranoid schizophrenic who had either relapsed or come off medication.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
My favorite ones are those that say the flat earth is encased in a big plastic dome

Kappa AF

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
there is no way that guy was serious. it was a troll to see if he could make Stefan crack make his mates rofl 100%. the guy kept his cool way to well. i think he read to many ats threads about the topic.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

How is this a thing...?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumStickNinja

Not sure what your question means. Please clarify.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

No no no. Not Dogstar, he didnt even notice.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

hey sorry for that mixup

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Stefan is annoying, and contradicts himself, not that I got any love for a flat earther, just saying, in general, I avoid Stefan.

top topics

join