It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occult Meanings of "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Eurythmics are a pretty amazing band, and the OP breakdown was a good read, w/the domination, the cattle, etc
I've enjoyed the music over the years, and never really explored the video in any detail. Maybe LoneCloudHopper2 do some more of these.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Very well done analysis! I think you are spot on with the overall meanings behind this song/video.

It truly is incredible how much occultism is in almost everything from Hollywood.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
www.songfacts.com...

he innovative video presented Annie Lennox with close-cropped orange hair and a tailored black suit, making it the first popular video presenting an androgynous female. The cow in the video was Dave Stewart's idea - he was a big fan of surreal artists Salvador Dali and Luis Bunuel. Says Stewart: "A few people were saying, 'Dave, why the cow? Annie is so good looking.' Those people should go buy a copy of Purple Cow by Seth Dogin, about how to make your business remarkable. It was written 20 years after I had the purple cow in our video - which certainly did the trick and made my whole life remarkable."

The cow, while very eye-catching, posed a logistical problem since most studios can't accommodate them. Eurythmics found a basement studio in London with an elevator big enough to transport the animal. Lennox recalls the shoot with the bovine walking around as being one of the more surreal experiences of her life. Regarding what it all meant, she said in the book I Want My MTV: "The video is a statement about the different forms of existence. Here are humans, with our dreams of industry and achievement and success. And here is a cow."

Sometimes a cow is just a cow.

Another article here mentioning thew video.

thequietus.com...
edit on 6-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Excellent analysis. Well done.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

You said you met her and "She is tiny". She is over 5'7". That is not tiny.

When there is so much imagery present it is obvious it is there for a reason.

If I made music videos they would be full of imagery with symbolism and meaning. I am a music artist and I see clearly there is a theme throughout the song.

The whole song is about S&M really. Corporate and government relationships with the masses are on this level, too. In 1984 it is the same; torture and redemption.

Sometimes a song is more than a song. I find the OP's analysis far more interesting than this "song facts" source of yours which really says nothing much at all.

The song is very creative. I used to like songs like this, but after seeing the way the masses are used I will not have anything to do with paying these artists a dime. Same with Hollywood, no cash from me. Most of the films these days I would have to be paid to watch them any way. Same with music.

Annie will not be abusing me, lol. I am the DOMINATOR! I go on top, lol!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

She appeared small to me.
My dad drove her around for a month he got the lowdown on the break up.
You got to remember what David was into at the time and it was chemical so much of his ideas and the directors had help from the chemicals
they took.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

David played a lot with Bob Dylan at one time. The got to be quite good friends. He has had lots of mental health problems.

Really, I do think Annie is a bit more than just an empty head. I think she takes her art seriously and I admit her songs, these earlier ones particularly, have a depth to them. On that basis I think the OP is entitled to their analysis.

May be you are tall and she looked small to you.

All the best.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

TBH she looked amazing an amazing singer. I kinda would have liked them not to split up and would have liked to see what David had in mind with his crazy musical/chemical idea.
Anne was the saner one in the relationship.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Good GRIEF...not THAT one!!

It'll take like FOUR DAYS to deconstruct!!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Cool.
Now do Purple Haze!

What does it mean when Jimi says "excuse me, while I kiss this guy?"

Misheard Lyrics Collection A website I discovered years ago " kissthisguy (.com)" at the link. Misheard lyrics have always cracked me up. I used to re-write whole songs in possible misheard lyrics. Every time Purple Haze would come on the juke box at the billiard hall "back in the day," my buddy and I would point at each other whilst belting out " 'scuse me, while I kiss this guy! "

As for the OP, very nice analysis. I've always wondered whether some of the "occult/hidden meaning" artists aren't more often subtle exposures than they are promotion of the topics therein.

By subtle, I mean obvious to the discerning eye/ear. By "some", i mean not all, by a long shot.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Supposing there is more to these tracks, "There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart)" is probably about an NDE or '___' trip. It also ends with an all-seeing eye. "Who's That Girl" could be about the identity of the whore of babylon. "Love Is A Stranger" is about god's deceptive nature.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
And the song with the most misheard lyrics....

Come on, Come on, Come on Virginia, don't laminate
You Catholic girls start much too late
But sooner or later it comes down to bait
Our height is where we'll be the one
They showed you a statue, and told you to pray
They built you a temple and locked you away
But they never told you the price you would pay
For the things you might have done...
Only the good diode

You might have hear I run with a dangerous kraut
We ain't too pretty we ain't too proud
We might be laughing a bit too lout
But that never hurt no nun
Come on, Virginia, show me a sign
Send me a signal, I'll throw you a line
That same glass curtain you're hiding behind
Nibblets in the sun...
Only the good ti-yum

You got a nice white dress and a potty on your confirmation
You got a brand new sole
And a cross of coal
But Virginia they didn't give you quite enough information
You never thought of me
When you considered trying Sodomy

They say there's a heaven for those who wait
Some say it's butter, but I say it ain't
I'd rather laugh with the sinners and cry with the saints
Sinners are much more fun...
And only the good diode

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

and can be far more evil and blatant than “sex”

Answer for yourself why you believe that & you wont have to believe in silly demons, gods & assorted conspiracies any longer.

K~

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

thank you all for contributing to this thread and making me laugh today!!!! I needed that......I remember that site with all the songs with the misheard lyrics....been a while though!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

edit on 6-12-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: somnum

Well, 'Lucifer' is worshipped by these people. That is what I was referring to: their belief in 'Lucifer.'

The Lucis Trust Publishing Company was once Lucifer Trust. They have a 'Consultative Status' with the U.N.

From their site, "The Esoteric Meaning of Lucifer:"

There are comments on the World Wide Web claiming that the Lucis Trust was once called the Lucifer Trust. Such was never the case. However, for a brief period of two or three years in the early 1920’s, when Alice and Foster Bailey were beginning to publish the books published under her name, they named their fledgling publishing company “Lucifer Publishing Company”. By 1925 the name was changed to Lucis Publishing Company and has remained so ever since.Both “Lucifer” and “Lucis” come from the same word root, lucis being the Latin generative case meaning of light. The Baileys' reasons for choosing the original name are not known to us, but we can only surmise that they, like the great teacher H.P. Blavatsky, for whom they had enormous respect, sought to elicit a deeper understanding of the sacrifice made by Lucifer. Alice and Foster Bailey were serious students and teachers of Theosophy, a spiritual tradition which views Lucifer as one of the solar Angels, those advanced Beings Who Theosophy says descended (thus “the fall”) from Venus to our planet eons ago to bring the principle of mind to what was then animal-man. In the theosophical perspective, the descent of these solar Angels was not a fall into sin or disgrace but rather an act of great sacrifice, as is suggested in the name “Lucifer” which means light-bearer.

www.lucistrust.org...
edit on 7-12-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mapsurfer_

Thanks, I was thinking of it actually

edit on 7-12-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Anosognosia

Thank you. It is indeed. Their videos and films would probably be a lot better if they confused more on story, character and emotional appeal...it's weird how they cram all this crap into a production that someone has invested in. Yet, I guess 'weird' can still sell anyway, so people don't have to get it to like it.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

That could very well be. As a visual artist and writer myself, I know how very personal truths can be exposed through one's art. I've been amazed in the past, as I read through a story I'd written, to see just how much of myself had managed to seep into my work unconsciously.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

now as a thread finisher i would suggest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join