It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occult Meanings of "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I've always wanted to know who Lorraine was...

"Here comes Lorraine again"...spooky...

Å99

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

lol funny! Often "the rain" actually does sound like "Lorraine," especially because "the" is rarely that pronounced.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
That did spook me out. I'm imagining Lorraine as a demon that possesses her every once in awhile.

That was a great breakdown of the video OP, I don't listen to mainstream music anyway, but if I ever happen across that song again ill listen much more closely.

Creepy stuff, check out my sig.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I don't listen to new mainstream music myself, just some older classics that I've always liked, mostly songs that go back to my childhood.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i guess people hear whatever they want to hear in lyrics

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Don't most people knock 3 times ?

I do, i approach the door, put my hand into position and "knock knock knock", i'm not demonic, i think.

BTW, people prefer you knock on wood instead of bashing the usually noisy and loose fitting security screen door.

So, i dont know about that one.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

I don't listen to new mainstream music myself, just some older classics that I've always liked, mostly songs that go back to my childhood.

Yeah I can appreciate the nostalgia a childhood song can bring about. The very reason why on a rare day one might find me listening to Garth Brooks or Metallica. My dad was always listening to them.

These days, Mostly listen to island style, modern reggae music. It seems to me that 95% of the time their lyrics are spreading messages that are a total contrast to what the illuminati is broadcasting through the radio.

Specifically these bands;

.Rebelution
.SOJA (Soldiers of Jah army)
.Slightly stoopid
.Tribal seeds
.the green
.ect, ect, many more, SOJA being my all time favorite, with the most positive words.
edit on 7-12-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

ETA: outside of the reggae spectrum, System of a Down is such an awesome band, who also speaks out against TPTB, and "Modest Mouse" is wonderful too, and In a category all their own.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well that was entertaining.

But the devil is in the details and the male member of the Eurythmics is not Dave Steward.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: akushla99

lol funny! Often "the rain" actually does sound like "Lorraine," especially because "the" is rarely that pronounced.

Ahahahaha! You know why I'm laughing!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You're claiming it's a demonic song because of the lyric "Knock Three Times"?

Maybe they were talking about Sheldon ?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hey OP,

I don't think the cow means anything more than being another medium for the 'eye' symbolism.

Also the cow walking around the table means nothing, but they are lying inverted (male and female) on a vesica pisces shaped table. The union of opposites and the vesica pisces often represent the 'transdimensional' (or bridge between spirit and matter).

The blue tinge in the video where they are being possessed is pretty common, a lot of bands represent those 'spirits' as blue people or with blue rooms/ lighting effects. I am pretty sure Queen did the same thing in one of their videos, but I can't remember the name.

Also the Eurythmics have done work with David Bowie who wrote a song "Quicksand" where he sings about being "immersed in Crowley's uniform of imagery."

So I think you may be on to something.

Don't mind the haters, I doubt they realize how strange the entertainment crowd can really get.

-FBB

//edit

Okay I can't find that specific Queen video, but the "Break Free" video follows the traditional symbolism like that found in the video you outlined.

So once again, I think you are on the right path but you should actually read Crowley's and Rosicrucian texts so you know what the symbolism means.
//edit
edit on 10-12-2015 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

//edit2

Ugh found it, same as above.

//edit2
edit on 10-12-2015 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 102

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I like many genres of music, but I always seemed to go for alternative rock the most. In the past I've loved R.E.M., Radiohead, Leonard Cohen, Our Lady Peace, Cracker and a great deal of individual songs and albums, mostly from the 90's. I always loved classic rock bands like The Who, The Moody Blues and Pink Floyd. These days I mostly listen to psybient, chillout and various forms of instrumental music. Largely to aid me in writing, but other times to unwind after work.
edit on 11-12-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Wow, I guess it does. The final scene is pretty wild.

I don't have a lot of time lately for reading, and I have books piled up to read as it is. But sometime I do want to read Crowley's work because I keep uncovering his influences in music and culture. He's even on the Beatles cover to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. When I first heard that I thought it couldn't be true, yet it's admitted (of course there is a lot of occult symbolism in Beatles' covers anyway.)

You may be right about the employment of that cow for that scene. The scene of the cows in the pasture is a pretty obvious symbol for the public, however. I guess the Eurythmics themselves represent something like sheep dogs.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Yeah I should have added instrumentals to my List too. Classics or even classics remixed with modern rock can be so inspirational.

300 violin orchestra is one of the sickest songs I've ever heard. Great for getting you amped up for any challenging situation.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I always liked classical music, even as a kid. Piano music always seemed powerful to me if done well, whether it be passionate or sad music.

It''s amazing how orchestral music can sound. I love a lot of electric music too, yet there is something enchanting/harmonious about a hands-on musical performance.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That's because bits and bytes and/or grooves and tubes have never and will never reproduce the actual sound that the instruments produce.

Sitting in front of a full symphony orchestra or the Rolling Stones, beats the hell out of anyone's "awesome" sound system.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: Phage

I thought he says excuse me while I kiss the sky?

Even better when Jimi says 'Son of Sam, Son of Sam' years before the dog told David Berkowitz to kill those people in NY.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
In which track?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
You're claiming it's a demonic song because of the lyric "Knock Three Times"?

Maybe they were talking about Sheldon ?

...orTony Orlando and Dawn

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UnBreakable
In which track?

He whispers it in Purple Haze after he says ''scuse me while I kiss the sky' after the guitar solo. Listen with headphones. Rumor has it that's how Berkowitz named the old man's dog.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join