It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberty University president urges students to carry guns, ‘end those Muslims’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The most frightening thing about this bloke is that he is actually charged with educating the next generation so going full retard with his collectivism only amplifies the divide and conquer strategy that the mass media is engaged in.

When it comes to meting out multiple deaths, introverted and highly medicated white males are statistically just as dangerous as Islamic extremists so maybe all students and teachers should be added to the governments terrorist watch list, you know, since he's talking collective punishment like a good little indoctrinated pawn.

Arming everyone still won't fix the problem - only when it is decided to address mental health issues and entrenched accepted cultural norms will things start to actually change - his band-aid solution won't stop killers from killing, just slow them down a bit.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Bone75

Yep. Typical reaction for a member or apologist of the "religion of peace".

If only we had a sharia theocracy you could have the infidel prankster beheaded!

Or maybe your video was unfunny and was more a demonstration of being a dickwad than comedy.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Nothing like a good old fashion witch hunt.

"You look like a Muslim, you're a terrorist".

Nice straw man there.....

No one said anything of the sort. What was said was that students should be armed, so that, if terrorists show up there, they can defend themselves. People showing up with explosives and big guns, aiming them and shooting, would be a good sign of them being terrorists of spree shooters.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The most frightening thing about this bloke is that he is actually charged with educating the next generation so going full retard with his collectivism only amplifies the divide and conquer strategy that the mass media is engaged in.

Liberty University is the best example of what the Right Wing claims to hate: An institute of higher learning that indoctrinates and brainwashes our children.

When it comes to meting out multiple deaths, introverted and highly medicated white males are statistically just as dangerous as Islamic extremists

I am highly introverted but absolutely no medication and I would agree with that.

Arming everyone still won't fix the problem - only when it is decided to address mental health issues and entrenched accepted cultural norms will things start to actually change - his band-aid solution won't stop killers from killing, just slow them down a bit.

Correct.

I don't think he is helping his students protect themselves. What he is doing is daring extremists to go after the students.
edit on 5-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Indeed, there are plenty of "Christian" communities in Africa where rampant violence and intimidation are carried out in the name of Christianity everyday. People (usually the isolated elderly, those with little to no family) are stoned and set on fire on the accusation of witchcraft, still to this day. If you were to secede control of the Western world to the whims of Evangelicals, there would be extreme violence, it's simply built into the belief system.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I would like to see your reliably sourced statistical evidence that supports your claims about white males.

It seems like racist stereotyping and witch hunting to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Liberty University president urges students to carry guns, ‘end those Muslims’

WWJD?
Sinsanity!
Maybe the 'Jesus' of these lunatics is some 'Hay-soos' of a Mexican drug cartel!?
This sure clarifies the players here.
And they are both insane and should be 'cared for'!

link   

"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong." - Joel 3"10

Pretty sure we did this before...
edit on 5-12-2015 by LadyGreenEyes because: addition

link   

Well I was never a big fan of his father but "Jerry Falwell Jr" is ok by me

Then you should love this sheriff from upstate New York as well...

Upstate New York Sheriff Urges Licensed Gun Owners to Carry Firearms With Them

I hope this catches on.

edit on 5-12-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong." - Joel 3"10

That's old testament. Jesus preached peace and love your enemy.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Well I was never a big fan of his father but "Jerry Falwell Jr" is ok by me

Then you should love this sheriff from upstate New York as well...

Upstate New York Sheriff Urges Licensed Gun Owners to Carry Firearms With Them

I hope this catches on.

hell yes... i hope it does too..

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

But I'm sure this one from Deuteronomy is Falwell's personal favorite:

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.

I'm done trading verses. Both religions have profoundly disgusting commandments in them and nearly every single one of those commandments are still being followed somewhere on our planet.

To defend one but accuse the other of violence is beyond hypocritical and insulting.

Oh, and another favorite that matches the one in the image you posted (also from Deuteronomy):

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."

edit on 5-12-2015 by Abysha because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

I would like to see your reliably sourced statistical evidence that supports your claims about white males.
It's my opinion based on my observations, take that how you please

It seems like racist stereotyping and witch hunting to me.
Sounds like something a precious snowflake off the special political correction bus would say - meh, I'll call it how I see it and how others choose to label me as a consequence is their karma- not mine.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
That's old testament. Jesus preached peace and love your enemy.

Old and New are both valid. The OT leads to the new. Throughout are references to Jesus, and prophecies about His coming. It's all the Word of God. There is a time for peace, and also a tie to stand and fight.

In cases of self defense, being prepared isn't wrong. God never told us to stand helpless and allow ourselves to be slaughtered. Remember, too, Jesus will ride at the head of a large force to defeat the enemy one day.

Loving someone doesn't mean allowing them to kill you.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Jerry Falwell Jr. is not a Christian, he is a hardline patriarchal ultra-Orthodox straight from the Talmud. His god is the one that hates and advocates slaughter.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You might appreciate this...

Can we say confirmation bias?

As to the sheriff from upstate NY, I grew up in the mountains of Ulster County. We all had guns, all knew how to shoot. It's pretty rural overall. We even had our own gun factory. The greatest thing we feared was the city people coming up in droves if there was a disaster of some sort there. No joke. That's probably still the biggest thing to fear up there. However, I will add, that the reservoirs there feed NYC and they've always been pretty well guarded, even before 9/11.
edit on 12/5/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Jerry Falwell Jr. is not a Christian, he is a hardline patriarchal ultra-Orthodox straight from the Talmud. His god is the one that hates and advocates slaughter.

you dont have to like the guy to get the message..

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
But I'm sure this one from Deuteronomy is Falwell's personal favorite:

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.

This discussion isn't about someone favorite verse.

I'm done trading verses. Both religions have profoundly disgusting commandments in them and nearly every single one of those commandments are still being followed somewhere on our planet.

There are only ten commandments, and none of them are disgusting.

To defend one but accuse the other of violence is beyond hypocritical and insulting.

To claim both are the same, as you have repeatedly done, is what is insulting. The Bible does not call for Christians to kill all who don't believe. The koran does call for Muslims to kill all who don't believe, or at least enslave them. They are nothing alike. Your African comparison doesn't work, either, and was debunked in another thread. The attacks in such cases were typicaly in retaliation for a lot of Muslim violence. Any cases of someone being killed for witchcraft are certainly small in number, if they exist, and don't come anywhere close to the numbers killed by Muslims around the world. The Christianophobia is getting old.

Oh, and another favorite that matches the one in the image you posted (also from Deuteronomy):

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."

Quoting OT passages that applied to Israel, after claiming you aren't "trading verses" anymore is dishonest and also misleading. Talk about what applies to all people not to one nation.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Loving someone doesn't mean allowing them to kill you.

But Jesus loved us so much he allowed us to kill him so he could die for our sins.

Didn't he?

I'm confused.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Opinion?

You clearly stated it as statistical fact.

Who is the "indoctrinated pawn" again?

Here is a statistical fact for you. White people make up 63% of the population. Muslims (of all races including white males) make up 0.9%.

Muslims are way, way more likely per capita to commit murderous terrorist attacks.

edit on 5-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join