It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Secession Passes State Republican Party Resolutions Committee Vote

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Meh. This is nothing more than right wing grandstanding and puffery. Honestly, everytime I hear the words Texas and secession uttered in the same breath I just laugh. It didn't happen under Bush. It didn't happen under Perry. It damn well won't happen under Abbot or the next several governors.

So what's the point of all this?

Just a classic case of attention whoring.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Lmao. I guess thats really all they have to pander to.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
We lose a 3rd of our funding, except that's just not the case cuz we don't pay federal taxes anymore. Sounds like a wash economically, and a win for liberty.

Oh and with the military stuff, one riot one ranger... all I got to say there.
edit on 5-12-2015 by ringdingdong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You might want to take a look at the real Texas map. Its not the pretty star in the middle. If we do go, I am sure we will take it all back.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ringdingdong
We lose a 3rd of our funding, except that's just not the case cuz we don't pay federal taxes anymore. Sounds like a wash economically, and a win for liberty.

Oh and with the military stuff, one riot one ranger... all I got to say there.

Do you think we don't know the racist motivation behind "one riot, one ranger"?
I used to hear it all the time....usually in conjunction with beating or killing someone that wasn't white.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 5-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The talk of Texas seceding from the Union has been around for a while, yet nothing comes of it.

And the problem is that the mass chaos would be caused due to it. And the first and foremost of all things that will come around is the issue of money. What all of those who are thinking on such, fail to account for the interlaced finances that Texas has with the rest of the United States of America. Many of the best minds, fail to answer that one question, how to separate out the finances of one group from the whole. And then there is the matter of the share of the National debt that will have to go with the state.

Then there is the recognizing of the new currency on the world market. Then after all of the finances are settled and done, there is the one final aspect that many who want to be separate from the USA fail to take into account, is that not everyone wants to be apart from the United States, what compensation for them to move from where they are currently at, to another state? And how much will be lost due to it? The talk may seem good right now, yet, they forget the yearly event that happens in the state, from spring to winter and that is Tornado season and hurricane season, along with the problems of the weather. And other natural disasters that hit the state on a regular basis, even right now with all of the rain, there are still parts of the state still reeling from the drought.

It would be a disaster in the making.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think fools will try to make anything all about something they're concerned about, but the reality is it has nothing to do with it.

Texas Rangers

Now you wanna go all bleeding heart here and push something that's just not there, go for it.
edit on 5-12-2015 by ringdingdong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I think this is the step with some real teeth. I can't see the federal governmentment allowing it, but it will help get the SCOTUS' opinion on the matter. It will, or at least could be, a big step in states reasserting their rights and powers! God bless Texas!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Texas can secede from the union at will. It is, I believe, the only state that can do so. When it became a state, it did so with the condition that if at any time in the future it wanted to secede it would be allowed to do so without military intervention from the US.

This subject has come up several times in the past and never amounted to much. However, this time there is much more support than ever before. Texas could do well on its own. It has international air and shipping, rail and interstate, farms, ranches, manufacturing, technology, and oil.

I think the US needs Texas more than Texas needs the US.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Would be funny if Texas seceded , then Mexico invaded and the US just watched and laugh, then Mexico gave Texas back to the US in a trade agreement

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ringdingdong

I may be misinformed but isn't the funding we get from the fed gov a portion of the taxes we send to them? If so, then Texas can have their own tax system and keep it all. I also understand Texas is like the 19th largest economy in the world. Seems to me they would be okay after a time if not invaded by US.

As to the far right...I agree with all. This from a 70 yr old 4th generation Texan and southern roots prior.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I think the US needs Texas more than Texas needs the US.

Ah yes. All that expensive BUSH oil. I think I'd rather have J.R. Ewing's.

edit on 12/5/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

You cant possibly be serious. The us needs texas more than texas needs the us??? Why dont all you secessionists just find an island somewhere and play this experiment out. What a joke....
edit on 5-12-2015 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Sounds good in theory, but the reality will never mesh. The entire state and its infrastructure will utterly collapse. Texas' economy will not survive a secession. Thanks to Perry's three-card Monte with the state's budget, there is no surplus that could be used as any kind of rainy day fund should Texas fall on hard times.

Abbot and fellow Texans need to face the simple fact that it needs the Fed's money just to stay afloat.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

You cant possibly be serious. The us needs texas more than texas needs the us??? Why dont all you secessionists just find an island somewhere and play this experiment out. What a joke....

I'm not in Texas. I just made the observation. Texas has everything it needs to survive on its own. Losing Texas would mean losing the biggest shipping port in the gulf for the US.

What does Texas need the US for? To send its tax dollars overseas? The only thing the US can offer Texas that it doesn't have on its own is a so-called leader who cant tell the difference between work place violence and a terrorist attack.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

Sounds good in theory, but the reality will never mesh. The entire state and its infrastructure will utterly collapse. Texas' economy will not survive a secession. Thanks to Perry's three-card Monte with the state's budget, there is no surplus that could be used as any kind of rainy day fund should Texas fall on hard times.

Abbot and fellow Texans need to face the simple fact that it needs the Fed's money just to stay afloat.

I don't think its likely, but I do think Texas could survive on its own. It has food, water, oil, energy, and a lot of independent people who will make it work if they have to.

Maybe it wouldn't work. But Texas could give it a better shot than any other state could.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The thing is that Texas is one of the few states in the union that might be able to actually make a go of it if they were to secede. They've got enough oil, natural gas, and general ranching and farming that it's possible they could make a pretty fair go of it. I don't know that they'd last long without a very careful plan, and I think most people would wind up regretting it, but they've got a better chance than most.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck
The thing is that Texas is one of the few states in the union that might be able to actually make a go of it if they were to secede. They've got enough oil, natural gas, and general ranching and farming that it's possible they could make a pretty fair go of it. I don't know that they'd last long without a very careful plan, and I think most people would wind up regretting it, but they've got a better chance than most.

Thats all I tried to say.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: Klassified
Instead of posturing, why doesn't Texas get other states involved and collectively file a general grievance with the Federal government?

If I remember correctly a few years back, Texas threatened to remove TSA from it's airports and go back to private contractors after some highly publicized groping incidents. Feds basically said you do that and no commercial aircraft will be allowed to fly from or to the state of Texas. They (Texas) backed down.. Moral of the story ?

The moral
Secede so you don't have to succumb to dictators like the tsa and Feds

I can't believe you would think that dictators are the heroes, insanity.

I don't want to visit the USA, but Texas, yes

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

The Feds money or debt

What money does the us have, Chinese money

Parallel universe

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join