It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP blocks efforts to deny guns to those on terrorist watch lists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
theres is a lot of people on no fly list that shouldn't be there. It's funny how liberal Anti Gun foljs never see the details even if it's slapping them in the face.

Same story when Republicans block the military budget and veterans budgets almost anything because liberals are trying to slip in gun control and other massive budget increases. Read and learn the truth and become enlighten.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Off course they did, they cray like that.

So you agree that someone put on a generic_01 watch list, no fly list etc should have their rights taken away? A list is just that, no criminal action, no arrests, no nothing. Boy are we eager to give up freedom for thing that really will not do anything only because they say it is safer. The term safety will pretty much wipe out America freedoms.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Read my post again and understand it.

ONLY US citizens can purchase a firearm. This is not hard to understand. Its not relevant if foreigners are here on valid passports / visa's. They cant obtain a gun lawfully - period.

So again who would this bill actually affect?

US Citizens.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

“People can’t get on planes but those same people who we don’t allow to fly could go into a store right now in the United States and buy a firearm and there’s nothing that we can do to stop them,” Obama said in an interview with CBS News. “That’s a law that needs to be changed.” national.suntimes.com...

I heard Hilary say the exact same thing last night. Tell me, how many non-felon U.S. citizens are on the no-fly list? Would you happen to know their political affiliation as well?

edit on 4-12-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
How many crimes have been committed with legally purchased fire arms by people on no fly lists?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So you agree that someone put on a generic_01 watch list, no fly list etc should have their rights taken away? A list is just that, no criminal action, no arrests, no nothing. Boy are we eager to give up freedom for thing that really will not do anything only because they say it is safer. The term safety will pretty much wipe out America freedoms.

Ok why bother have a no fly watch list.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

No clue, did you know Ted Kennedy was on it for 10 years...lol, but it all doesn't matter. You just can't make a list then take a person's rights away because their name is only on a list. Can you see how wrong that would be?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
How many crimes have been committed with legally purchased fire arms by people on no fly lists?

I bet there would be a list if there was anyone....just saying...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Yes,why bother?Anyone that is truly a danger to citizens should be investigated and if probable cause exists,arrested.
Why go through the rigamarole of putting people on a list if they are not being investigated?
Lists are just lists,they don`t have to be accurate or truthful.You want security? Forget the lists.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The Republucans are just holding out until they can get approval for a "minor" change in the wording. Something that won't be so "broad" in nature.

As soon as they amend it so that it only applies to Muslims on the watch list, it will get every Republican vote in Congress.

Funny what a difference one word can make to some people.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

When all else fails, just find a way to accuse them of racism. Or invent a way, if you must.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

No clue, did you know Ted Kennedy was on it for 10 years...lol, but it all doesn't matter. You just can't make a list then take a person's rights away because their name is only on a list. Can you see how wrong that would be?

That is an awesome point. Just by making a list and putting your name on it, your rights are gone?

Sounds kinda unconstitutional.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Actually the name T. Kennedy was the name on the list. Over 7,000 us citizens match that first letter and last name. Even more ironic - Kennedy's first name is Edward. Ted / Teddy was a nickname,
edit on 4-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

When all else fails, just find a way to accuse them of racism. Or invent a way, if you must.

What? Are you saying that you don't think it would pass if it was limited to Muslims on the terrorist watch list?

My brother is a die hard Republican and devout, self-described Christian who's every other word nowadays, is anti-Muslim.

I live in Texas for pete's sake and I hear that crap every single day.

If there were a way to actually find out if it would pass with Muslim wording, I'd bet money I am right.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

Yes,why bother?Anyone that is truly a danger to citizens should be investigated and if probable cause exists,arrested.
Why go through the rigamarole of putting people on a list if they are not being investigated?
Lists are just lists,they don`t have to be accurate or truthful.You want security? Forget the lists.

Some people might have been out side the boundaries of the U.S like Adan Ganan the Al Qaeda operative who instructed his minions use whatever loopholes they may find concerning purchase of firearms, others maybe associates that bares watching , now off course missteps will be made , but i'd rather not board a plane with a known Isis friendly person, and certainly i don't want him walking into the local Gunz R Us..but that's just me.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

You're inventing a racism angle to justify an attack on the GOP position. Lets get back to the topic at hand. Does the GOP have a valid argument regarding due process or not?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Or...we could put them on the watch list. You know. Just in case.

But you just said they were innocent ...

Can you make up your mind? Or are you going to keep contradicting yourself?

Either they are innocent and I have no reason to fear them and they shouldn't be on any watch list OR they ARE a reason to be suspicious, they SHOULD be on a watch list and instead of denying Americans their rights, we should just keep suspicious people out of the country to begin with.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: ketsuko

Or...we could put them on the watch list. You know. Just in case.

But you just said they were innocent ...

Can you make up your mind? Or are you going to keep contradicting yourself?

Either they are innocent and I have no reason to fear them and they shouldn't be on any watch list OR they ARE a reason to be suspicious, they SHOULD be on a watch list and instead of denying Americans their rights, we should just keep suspicious people out of the country to begin with.

I'm very sorry that you don't approve of the way I have conversations or try to see/argue both sides or play devil's advocate. Or at times just don't have all the time I'd like to be able to express a thought clearly. And heaven knows if you slip up just a little around here lately on certain topics, your jugular is in peril, isn't it?

And as you have mentioned it...no...as a matter of fact, I haven't made up my mind (or had it made up for me) on quite a few things. Basically what that stems from is that I know I don't have all the facts, which are frustratingly difficult to come by in this age of noisy echo chambers. And yes (gasp) sometimes even change my mind. Shocking, I know.

Do you have some sort of problem with that? Any more questions?
edit on 12/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
so, whats the problem? if they are on a watch list the DHS or FBI will know when they buy a gun. unless they buy it illegally and then no laws or watch lists will stop that or detect that.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Explain the standard that must be met to place someone on that watch list. Explain the mechanism by which an innocent person can get his/her name removed from the list.

Fake lists and no rights in a totalitarian society. Sounds like the organizing principles of a modern, liberal society.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join