It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP blocks efforts to deny guns to those on terrorist watch lists

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The lists have been challenged for the very reasons I have given.

Enforce the laws we have.. If 98% arent US citizens then the government should enforce immigration laws. The government should stop suing border states for taking action where the government refuses to do its job. If you arent a US citizen you cant get a gun meaning the list is geared towards US citizens.

Maybe use common sense.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Yes, they are "pretty strictly regulated." And so, if they are, why do you think they are showing up "a lot" with these terrorists? Even being strictly regulated.

I think that?

If all you are going to do, in this thread, is your best imitation of a waffle bat, is there a point to continuing?

Yes or no, do you want more restrictions applied to law abiding citizens?

edit on 4-12-2015 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

(post by murphy22 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
www.washingtonpost.com...

Have a nice cup of that, proponents of this stupid idea.

Hmm 2004? Thank you.

Now you have a nice cuppa how they've trimmed the list since the early insanity days that I posted a reference to earlier. And I don;t disagree that it should be trimmed even further.

And again, why do we let this list exist at all?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Man- will libs ever turn on their own. They wanna deny poor ol' dead liberal lion Ted Kennedy the right to get a gun based on some stooooopidz list.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Man- will libs ever turn on their own. They wanna deny poor ol' dead liberal lion Ted Kennedy the right to get a gun based on some stooooopidz list.
'
Huh?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I've explained several times what my issue with this is. Sorry if you missed those points.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com...

Have a nice cup of that, proponents of this stupid idea.

Hmm 2004? Thank you.

Now you have a nice cuppa how they've trimmed the list since the early insanity days that I posted a reference to earlier. And I don;t disagree that it should be trimmed even further.

And again, why do we let this list exist at all?
LOL. the list is even worse now. as other have pointed out there is no proof needed and until recently no due process rights WRT getting off the list at all and what exists now is very problematic. There are pundits that fight with words that are on the damned list. also some celebrities and singers. and other politicians. the list sucks and so do those that support this idea.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It took the senator 3 weeks to get his name removed and only then because he is a senator. Those who arent part of the ruling elite arent so lucky. Even more so since the government is under the mistaken impression they dont answer to the people.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my handgun...
edit on 4-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

'
Huh?
if this law were in effect Ted Kennedy were he still alive would not be able to get a gun. bear in mind there was no due process means of getting off the list until under duress a very grudging process was created. one that is nearly impossible to navigate. Kennedy couldn't get off the list at will and everyone knew he was not a terrorist.
edit on 4-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The lists have been challenged for the very reasons I have given.

Enforce the laws we have.. If 98% arent US citizens then the government should enforce immigration laws. The government should stop suing border states for taking action where the government refuses to do its job. If you arent a US citizen you cant get a gun meaning the list is geared towards US citizens.

Maybe use common sense.

What about visitors? As far as the potential that someone on a visa can come on in and be welcomed by a terror cell with a nest of legally acquired weapons.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sorry quoting and replying seems broken.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Again, so listen closely.

Foreigners in this country cant lawfully obtain a firearm. People whom they buy guns from / straw purchase is also already illegal.

So again please explain what this bill would do, other than target US citizens who "made the list"?
edit on 4-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So in other words, rather than fix the problem of the wrong people being on the list they just decided to overlook that failed policy idea and accept the fact that they'll be selling weapons to terrorists because of it.

Good plan. Let's just keep stacking one mistake and failure on top of others until all those failures turn into a success like magic. Nothing ever changes.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I got sick of that talking point about 2% so if this was addressed after my patience ran out.. Why are non US citizens allowed to buy guns here anyway? The Bill of Rights is for US citizens and not for any one else. As for that 2% what was the criteria that put them on the list? Laws written to make people "feel good" tend to backfire in epic ways.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Again, so listen closely.

Foreigners in this country cant lawfully obtain a firearm. People whom they buy guns from / straw purchase is also already illegal.

So again please explain what this bill would do, other than target US citizens who "made the list"?

Did you even read what I wrote.

What about VISITORS? On otherwise seemingly perfectly valid visas/passports?

This is arguing simply the watchlist issue, which wasn't even my focus.

Terrorists can just freely stroll right on in and get their friends who are already here to hand over some weapons. A perfectly valid scenario and a valid concern if they are so concerned with keeping the terrorists out.
edit on 12/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

GOP blocks efforts to deny guns to those on terrorist watch lists
Off course they did, they cray like that.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
...and the executive branch today ordered DHS to place all Republicans, Tea Party members, NRA members, and every white person on the watch list effective immediately.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think some of our congressmen absolutely KNOW something is not smelling right. I applaud them for doing this. The blanket denial of everybody on the Watch List is not a good idea considering that with the stroke of his pen, you could be put on it.

Let us deny or allow based on each individual case.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sounds like the GOP still has some real, freadom, loving Americans in the ranks. Good for them!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join