It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another story fabricated by Black Lives Matter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

1. So, you're shown two examples that clearly disprove your grossly generalized assertion that the Black community is either unaware or unconcerned or both with crime ... and you respond to that by trying to analyze attendance at a single CONFERENCE (not the existence of the group, itself, not their focus, not their programs, not their outreach) versus the entire population of the CITY that the venue is located in from four years earlier and say that's not enough to meet your standards now??? The point of linking to the conference page was that is was being held for the 30th year running. That's some pretty spectacular movement of the goal-posts there friend, and I've seen some doozies at this site.

Interesting that you say nothing about the national efforts of the Urban League ... I suppose you couldn't easily find some arbitrary way to dismiss their efforts, eh?

2. Blacks being targeted is "far fetched" and as evidence of that claim, you link to an FBI page of arrest statistics for 2012?

Make a specific claim based on the data.

3. So, there is no targeting by law enforcement of Black America because they also arrest other Americans? Sure, that follows.

4. Unarmed doesn't mean "not a threat"? Well, Policeman with Gun does not automatically mean "not a murderer." Another convenient dodge.

5. Sure you can "criticize anything you please." Big deal. That amounts precisely to "your opinion." Americans have the right to organize how they want around whatever issue they want and say whatever they want to about it without running it past you first. My point is, these thousands of Americans are doing something about the problems they see, and your condemnation is that they aren't focusing on what YOU THINK they should be. Again, who cares? You. /shrug

6. Imagine that, the Moonie Times (well-known right-wing mouthpiece, owned and operated by the ultra-conservative Sun Myung Moon's Unification Chruch) runs a biased article claiming that Law Enforcement shoots more Whites than Blacks, and the one time that it makes statistical sense to focus on Race (because each member of a Race does have an equal chance to be shot by police), they conveniently forget that there are 6-7 times as many Whites as Blacks in the US. Huh.

7. Sure, arbitrarily you can cherry-pick and choose from the set of American cities to prove any "point."

8. Sadly, the targeting and racial profiling of American Blacks is nothing new. You've finally made a point I can agree with. Writing the situation off to current "media coverage" is a bit far-fetched as the numbers are consistent across DECADES.

9. Debating you in the official forum doesn't interest me, honestly. Feel free to crow in victory.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

I have no data on ATS traffic; I'm almost sure it's far greater than 200. Still, what does that have to do with anything?

The topic of THIS thread is BLM, a specific group with specific members addressing specific issues. And now you want to talk about NATIONAL crime statistics involving Blacks (not BLM) and the entire American Black population without citing a reference of what you're talking about? The disparity in some crime statistics (and there are differences, but it's not simply based on "White" vs. "Black", and the statistics are usually jiggered to match an argument) IS commonly discussed in mainstream media, among Black community leaders, among academics, among service organizations, etc. etc. etc.

You don't see "enough" preaching of non-violence? Well, I understand. I am appalled at the overall approach to crime and law enforcment in America everyday, not aligned particularly with any one race.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

1). You gave one example, and I countered that one example. Yes, the years are four years off - but how much do you think that percentage of attendance would change if I had the 2014 population of blacks in Jacksonville, Fl? The point is, approximately half of a percent of black people cared to even attend a conference, which as you mentioned, has been running for 30 years. I never denied that there are black people who are concerned about black on black crime. My point is that the concern about black on black crime is far less than that of white on black crime, real or perceived - which is interesting considering the biggest cause of crime against blacks is black on black crime. It is interesting you accuse me of generalizations when, in order to prove your point, you gave one example - an example which I showed was weak.

2). The FBI data shows clearly that over 69% of the people arrested were white. In fact, more blacks were arrested for whites in only three categories (as you can clearly see from the data on the link I provided). If anything, it shows a clear bias against white people that nearly 7/10 of the arrests are against them.

3). Why is it that if a black person gets arrested, it is "targeting" or "racial profiling," but when police arrest a white person there is no such outcry? Yes, when the stats clearly show that not only is there not a higher percentage of one group being arrested, but that the arrests are actually much lower for that group, it disproves the notion of that group being targeted. Now, do some cops target black people? Yes, of course - I'm not so naive as to think racism does not exist at the individual level, and I am aware that racism goes through all levels of society. However, keep in mind also that it isn't only white cops arresting blacks, white cops arrest whites, black cops arrest whites, black cops arrest blacks, etc. Show me some data that suggests there is actually institutionalized targeting of blacks, rather than it being a matter of isolated incidences.

4). No, unarmed does not mean not a threat. If a person is not obeying police orders and even merely looks like s/he is going to reach for a weapon, should the officer wait to check if it's a bluff or not? There may be some rogue cops - and they should be treated like the criminals they are - but in many of these cases it is a matter of the victim not complying with orders. If you know anything about the black community, you would know that trusting and cooperating with police is not always high on the agenda - even more so if it is a teenager showing off for his friends. So, let's take two scenarios:

a). A person ignores the cop's call to put his hands on the hood of the car and instead reaches down toward his buckle and the cop shoots him. Later, they find that the victim was unarmed. In this scenario, the victim was a threat - at least a perceived threat that justifies the officer''s action.

b). A person complies with the request to put his hands in the air and doesn't move. The cop then shoots him. This is a clear violation and the cop should be arrested and put in prison for murder.

Treat it for what it is - a crime. Don't add fuel to the MSM-spun racism scare.

5). They are mobilizing against something that is hardly a problem. If they focused that much time and energy towards getting rid of drugs from their communities, stopping teen pregnancy, fighting against black on black violence, promoting education, etc., they'd be a heck of a lot better off. What do they do instead? Protest something which, in the grand scheme of things affecting the black community, is hardly worth mention - certainly not the attention it gets. I realize that the MSM may make it seem like this is the biggest thing affecting blacks, but it isn't. We aren't living in segregation-era America anymore and it's high time people move past that old-style thinking.

Meanwhile, as part of the BLM movement, racism and violent rhetoric against whites just keeps increasing. Do you remember the 1990s after Rodney King? It was the same thing - blame the whites for holding them down. People getting on the radio and telling other blacks to beat every white person they saw. The same thing is happening now. BLM is not about stopping racism - it is about blaming whites for everything that happens to blacks. It's about saying "racism is why we haven't gotten ahead." It is - as I already said - playing the victim.

6). How many sites with the same statistics would you like before it is acceptable? Also, yes, unarmed blacks are about twice as more likely to be shot as unarmed whites. However, if it were possible to get the data, I am near certain it would show little discrepancy regarding police cooperation. Once again, I'm sure you can find cases of unarmed blacks being killed by white cops - good for you. You've proven that that cop is a murderous racist. The institutionalized racism that the BLM group is protesting about is still nowhere to be seen.

7). I wasn't cherry-picking. The city with the highest violent crime rate is Detroit, which also has the highest percentage of blacks in the United States. The city with the lowest violent crime rate, happens to be around 70% white. Coincidence? Furthermore, have you ever driven through an all-black or nearly all-black neighborhood? Houses are in ruin, trash is on the street, lawns are unkept, etc. There really is no way around it. Calling me a racist for pointing this out would be like calling me an anti-Semite for pointing out that Hollywood, the banks, and the MSM are disproportionately controlled by Jews. Facts are facts.

8). Kindly provide details (links are enough) that show clear cases of racial profiling throughout the decades. I am not arguing profiling never existed or that it isn't practiced by some now. My argument is that the BLM movement is doing far worse than good - not only for whites (who really won't be affected, except some who may be on the receiving end of misplaced black anger against whites) - but for the very people they are claiming to fight for. If they think institutionalized racism exists now and that whites have it out for blacks - do they really think widening whatever racial divide exists will accomplish their goals?

I'll tell you what I could get behind 100%. Instead of focusing on race, start a movement against police brutality. Start a movement showcasing the deplorable treatment poor people get from their local governments (unfixed roads, crime largely not addressed, etc.) The problems in America are far more related to those who are in positions of authority (whether by wealth or rank) going against the rest of society. So, yes - racism exists- but it should not be the focus. At least, not if we want the sort of changes that would actually benefit everyone - blacks included.

9). I've won no victory to "crow" about.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

Are you kidding? Go back and read again. Look for National Urban League.

The point is, that apparently nothing that the Black community is doing would be enough for you. (Conference attendance, really?)

Your FBI data: of a given population, considering that you're sampling for RACE (not CRIME, as in most examples) it's perfectly reasonable to compare the overall population proportions (Whites, 70% of the population; Blacks 13%) and see that the numbers for White arrests make perfect sense and that the number of arrests of Black suspects is almost TWICE their population proportion. You're proving my point with this reference, not yours.

If you want to argue the semantic of the word "targetting" feel free do do so. The statistics speak for themselves.

There ARE rogue cops; some of them are murderers. I am against the overreach of government in all forms, but especially the power of police to kill with impunity. That BLM focuses on the violence and inequity against Black Americans means to me that they are addressing 13% or so of the problem. Too many White people seem to glorify the system of inequity and support the criminal actions of law enforcement whatever the cost.

The issues that BLM is fighting against aren't a problem to YOU. YOU are one person, and it is very easy to see your bias, regardless of the fact that you're attempting to argue so rationally (which I appreciate btw
... that's a very refreshing change), or perhaps not bias but belief (since you like semantics, LOL) ... you BELIEVE there are no racial issues except those manufactured by the media and politicians, and therefore, that's what you find when you look at the data, any data ... and you could make the same argument against me (since I'm as susceptible to confirmation bias as anyone), except for the fact that I see racism where it exists among Whites, Blacks, Asians, Native Americans and Pacific Islanders ... because we are ALL RACIST (including members of BLM) ... the only difference being whether we attempt to minimize the effects of that natural tendency and work toward something different.

I agree with you about a movement against police brutality, overreach, rogue cops, etc. Let me be a bit more clear, as you took such pains to respond logically, and I simply don't wish to formally "debate" you on the subject ... to me, BLM, in its origin deployed a risky tactic in forming around a RACIALLY RESTRICTIVE CORE. It is naturally off-putting, at best, to all other races to see the phrase BLACK LIVES MATTER. It's a fairly normal cultural read of that to see "ONLY BLACK LIVES MATTER" which is errant in light of what the original movement stands for, but, still ... it exists and that's unfortunate because the very real very vital aspects of their message gets buried in the resultant flak.

That only contributes to the fact that this movement has attracted some Black people who are blatantly, unabashedly, overtly and irritatingly racist, and that fact cannot be denied. I have utterly CRINGED at some of the shenanigans on the basis of some INDIVIDUALS associated with this movement (as highlighted in the OP for example) and on the contrary, I would say that the media's latching on to each and every ill-considered and poorly behaved example put forth by any member of BLM has only emphasized the one-sided view that so many reasonable, rational people seem to have.

I would not have done it this way, because the singling out of humans based on their race is non-productive. However, this is the US and these folks have the right to pursue their goals (which are valid and lofty) as they choose.

When advances are made in civil rights or equal rights for minority populations, it is a normal factor of the majority population (which is still mostly unchanged in its power structures) to feel like it has "now done enough" and that the agitators (activists) should then "be quiet" ignoring the fact that the same innate structures of preference and privilege (and I use those words very carefully and rarely as opposed to some) remain in place and will return to operation.

On the other hand, every minority group that has achieved advances in equal rights has a core of malcontents who are never satisified with equality that is achieved, because they always wish to address long-standing grievances and, of course, maintain their own power (an activist without a cause is unemployed).

The answers are never easy, or said another way, the answers are never simply "black and white."

Thanks for the reasonable, level-headed discussion! Sorry I don't want to debate you in the official forum, you're a good debater (just wrong in this case, LOL).
edit on 3-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The point is, that nothing that the Black community is doing would be enough for you.

I would hope they aren't doing this all for me. I think you missed my point - it isn't about them doing nothing, but rather about the focus they are taking. I do not disagree with wanting to end racism - I disagree with making this their big thing to rally over. Can you imagine if the people supporting the BLM movement put even half as much effort into supporting local efforts to fix black communities?

You're proving my point with this reference, not yours.

If your point was disproportional arrests, then I'll concede that. If your point was "targeted," I'm not convinced. What makes you so sure that blacks aren't twice as likely to commit crimes? I'm not saying they are - just throwing that into the discussion.

That BLM focuses on the violence and inequity against Black Americans means to me that they are addressing 13% or so of the problem.

What does the 13% refer to - the problem of police misconduct? I wouldn't know how to quantify with a percentage what the BLM will do for the black community, but I imagine it will do very little. Yes, it would be great to see some changes that reduce the risk of police abuse of authority...but the impact on the black community will be minimal.

it is very easy to see your bias

It should be. I'm very biased about this issue. I would hope, though, that no one thinks my being against BLM is an indication of me being against blacks or for innocent people (regardless of race) being murdered by the police.

you BELIEVE there are no racial issues except those manufactured by the media and politicians

I thought I explained this in the previous post, but I guess not - it isn't that I believe there are no racial issues, it's that I believe they are not institutionalized. I freely admit racism exists - and I know what subtle racism feels like (I'm a white man living in Southeast Asia). In fact, I would argue that over here, racism is institutionalized. Most people are racist without even realizing it - they'll even say they aren't. I also do certainly believe that media and politicians make the situation worse. It reminds me of when the financial analysts on the news tell you which stocks could plummet - then everyone starts selling shares based on that "could." Perception creates reality, I suppose.

the only difference being whether we attempt to minimize the effects of that natural tendency and work toward something different.

If what you mean by racism is what I think it means, I agree 100% with you. Of course, I would use the term "biased towards one's own race." This is important phrasing to me, because it does not mean maliciousness towards others, whereas in my understanding "racism" is characterized by a maliciousness - either of intent or thought.

It's a fairly normal cultural read of that to see "ONLY BLACK LIVES MATTER" which is errant in light of what the original movement stands for, but, still ... it exists.

I thought the original movement was in response to the shooting deaths of unarmed blacks. Do you mean errant in that it was never intended as a movement for all races, so shouldn't be required to be all-inclusive? I totally agree with that first part of your statement - and would extend the thought to say there may be some who think this also implies that the lives of others don't, i.e. the white man should die, start a race war, etc.

I would say that the media's latching on to each and every ill-considered and poorly behaved example put forth by any member of BLM has only emphasized the one-sided view that so many reasonable, rational people seem to have.

This is exactly what I am talking about when I say the media is making the race issue larger than it is. Do black cops never kill unarmed blacks? Maybe not - honestly, I don't know. However, even assuming it is only white cops killing unarmed blacks - and let's even assume that in all such cases, it was a matter of racism. For each one black person killed, how many blacks have been helped by white cops, either directly or indirectly? Yet the media never (or rarely) reports on those instances, so the message then becomes clear to blacks: white police are out to kill us - or in some cases, simply "police are out to kill us" making them inherently distrustful of cops and/or whites.

Then you have what you just pointed out - which whites see as blacks preparing for a race war. It pits both sides at odds. However, what is BLM doing to stifle these extremists? Are they distancing themselves or allowing the association with such people to continue? I'll look more into BLM and try to give them more of a fair shake. However, when the first thing I read is putting the blame "out there," I tend to not be very impressed.

As far as the majority population feeling "enough has been done" after each advancement in civil rights is concerned - I'd have to agree with that. Perhaps it is out of fear of losing the majority. Which of course brings me to ponder...if the majority/minority roles were reversed, how would things change? In the case of white/black America, how are whites treated in predominately black areas versus blacks in predominately white areas? This is the best indicator I can think of as to how whites could expect to be treated if blacks ever became the majority. Based on personal experience, blacks tend to treat whites better than the other way around - but that is purely anecdotal.

The answers are never easy, or said another way, the answers are never simply "black and white."

Very true.

One last thought regarding - perhaps not BLM itself - but the mindset of some (many?) of its supporters. I have seen a lot of looking to the past - slavery, segregation, etc. as justification for why people currently feel oppressed by the US. The thing is, any oppression I feel (which has to do primarily with a slow erosion of our constitutional rights - topic for elsewhere) has to do with the government's actions now and not with the fact that my great grandfather pretty much had the German beat out of him at school - not to mention non-Germans weren't always too kind to German immigrants during WW2. I also resent the notion of reparations. Not every white owned slaves - some were outspoken abolitionists. I know for a fact that not a single ancestor of mine owned slaves - why should I, for example, by responsible or feel any sort of guilt about what was done to blacks in the past? Anyhow, I feel I am rambling off-topic now, so I'll just stop here.

Thanks likewise for an intelligent discussion. A topic such as this could have gone either way. You made some pretty good points that make me want to look a bit further into what you've brought up.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Nothing new here.

They have been fabricating things since their very inception involving "hands up, don't shoot" and the Michael Brown case.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

One person huh?... What about the "persons" from BLM that made racist remarks, threatening and throwing insults to students who were trying to study and would not bow down to the BLM agenda of making every student protest?...

What about the BLM, and Afrikan Black Coalition leader who called for a new Constitution in the United States giving special treatment only to blacks "or it would be the bullet"?...

But you are claiming it is only one person and it doesn't speak for the movement... Well, one, plus one, plus hundreds equals more than one...

The BLM movement, among others has shown it's true face. They are using claims of racism to implement their own racism, and force Americans to accept their demands which include for people to apologize for being white, giving special treatment only to blacks, even when they have hispanics and other minority allies which they are using as "useful idiots".

edit on 3-12-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

First of all, yes there are some cops who are corrupted, but this doesn't give the right for any group to demand for special treatment only for them, or to demand for people to apologize just for being white, or for people to go through their brainwashing camp if people make statements such as "all lives matter" which the BLM movement claims is a racist statement...

Second, what scorpio84 is saying has merit. How do you know that the cops who have killed blacks have been disproportionate? Do you have any facts showing this? Not the mass media please, because the mass media is not showing all the whites and hispanics that have also been beaten and killed by cops. There is an obvious collusion in the left media, which very rich people want to use to implement their plans (George Soros anyone?).

There have been whites, and hispanics who have also been killed, some did have weapons, others didn't but might have made a movement, as if reaching for a gun, which made officers react.

Is there police brutality? Sure there is. But i have also seen black police officers use police brutality against black suspects, but these cases are not even mentioned by movements like the BLM.

Wish we could find how many black and hispanic officers have had to shoot at black suspects who they thought had a weapon.

Yes, police brutality also needs to be addressed, but this doesn't involve changing the U.S. Constitution to give "special treatments just to blacks", it doesn't involve demanding for people to apologize just for being white and making them guilty of crimes they did not commit and which happened 50 -200 years ago. It also doesn't involve forcing people to go through a brainwashing camp to be "re-educated' for making a statement such as "all lives matter"... And it definitely does not give a right for ANYONE to insult, or threaten all cops for any reason, or regular people just because they are from another race, or because they would not participate in a protest...

edit on 3-12-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Hyperbole. No, no one has the right to do those things. And no, that's not all that BLM is about.

The damning of the entire group because of the actions of a few is all I've ever taken issue with, that, and when stated exceptions and critiques of BLM are nothing more than thinly veiled racism.

Read what I've said carefully. Have I said that I believe LEOs kill Black people indiscriminately or disproportionately?

For me, the overreach of Government, particularly through local law enforcement, corrupt city officials, State Governors who think they are little satraps, troubles me far, far greater than what Mr. Obama does in the White House. I'm funny that way.

No, I think I've said before that the comment about changing the Constitution was ludicrous. Again, some things that some members of BLM have said are downright dumb. No argument from me there. Some members of BLM are racist, openly so, as are some members of most groups. MOST of us, while still being racist to some greater or lesser degree, intentionally keep those urges from dominating our actions. Some of us don't; they are the problems on all possible "sides."

edit on 3-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I've never claimed that there is only "one person" with a problem who is a BLM member.

Perhaps if you quoted me?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The demands the group made shows what the movement is about... It isn't just one person, or just a few of them. It is the entire movement.

Groups want students who say “All Lives Matter” punished and re-educated

In there you will find the demands made by the group, and they even state this is just the beginning of their demands.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

The demands the group made shows what the movement is about... It isn't just one person, or just a few of them. It is the entire movement.

Groups want students who say “All Lives Matter” punished and re-educated

In there you will find the demands made by the group, and they even state this is just the beginning of their demands.

Students made similar outlandish demands at Emory University in Atlanta. Is this what is stated at Black Lives Matter - Guiding Principles ... or not?

If not, then this group of students is not speaking for the BLM Movement.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
I think those rules only apply in the Breaking news section. I star and flagged though because I agree, BLM uses George Soros money to try and tear apart America, and some are occasionally caught lying when they dont get enough attention. That just means ignoring them is starting to work. There only option soon is to commit actual violence, which will seal their own fate and be listed as a terrorist organization.

Now if we can only come up with a plan to get rid of the other BLM, the bloated federal agency that has been stealing state land for decades now ...

How many so-called groups that are in the news (and have been) that are funded by Soros ? Do some research . I will tell you possibly 90% . But dont take my word for it. The man's handlers (who fund the proven thug) are trying to tear this country apart using these groups. He is the true evil .
on the bright side... He's like 180 or something like that. They're pumping tankers of formaldahyde into him to keep him from decomposing on the spot. He can't last that much longer.
edit on 3-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
You know what I really don't understand?

How a university educated person can not be aware of how quickly current law enforcement can track digital communications...

Talk about not getting what you paid for...

You're confusing education with intelligence. Look at Barrack Obama, he thinks making it harder for Americans to acquire guns is going to have a practical effect on the motivation, or capability of terrorists. Doesn't he have a couple Masters Degrees?

Secondly, she probably has a degree in a useless field ANYWAY, probably something that has virtually no real application to the real world, like Ethnic studies.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I have no data on ATS traffic; I'm almost sure it's far greater than 200. Still, what does that have to do with anything?

The topic of THIS thread is BLM, a specific group with specific members addressing specific issues. And now you want to talk about NATIONAL crime statistics involving Blacks (not BLM) and the entire American Black population without citing a reference of what you're talking about? The disparity in some crime statistics (and there are differences, but it's not simply based on "White" vs. "Black", and the statistics are usually jiggered to match an argument) IS commonly discussed in mainstream media, among Black community leaders, among academics, among service organizations, etc. etc. etc.

You don't see "enough" preaching of non-violence? Well, I understand. I am appalled at the overall approach to crime and law enforcment in America everyday, not aligned particularly with any one race.

I gave a reasonable number because you are claiming it ALWAYS COMES UP when a black person kills a white person. That may be true, but only on ATS, not in the mainstream. Even if ATS traffic is in the thousands, it's still a drop in the bucket compared to MSM, and popular social media like facebook. That's what I was addressing.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Equating a "lack of intelligence" with opinions that you personally disagree with ... isn't the "smartest" thing I've seen today, either.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

If you claim that crime statistics that are cherry-picked and presented in a negative light in regard to almost any topic relating to Black Americans ... but certainly in regard to BLM ... is not a staple of ALL right-wing, mainstream media ... well, I'd have to cite you with simply not telling the truth.

C'mon.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Good news! I have done some digging regarding the BLM movement and think I have a more informed opinion on the subject now.

Bad news! My opinion is mostly not good.

In sum, BLM is an ultra-liberal (read "communist") movement. I'll explain further later on - stay tuned.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
If not, then this group of students is not speaking for the BLM Movement.

Yes they are... BLM is a socialist/communist movement trying to use the race card to impose socialism/communism in the U.S. Their collectivist marxist bs is obvious to the point that they can't deny it.

Let's actually look at the facts.

Directly from Blacklivesmatter.com

About the Black Lives Matter Network

Black Lives Matter is a chapter-based national organization working for the validity of Black life. We are working to (re)build the Black liberation movement.

blacklivesmatter.com...

What exactly do they mean by "rebuilding the Black Liberation Movement"?

Let's look at what the Black Liberation Movement is about according to Marxists.org website. It's a long read, but here you go.

History of the Modern Black Liberation Movement and the Black Workers Congress Summed-Up

First Published: In the pamphlet, The Black Liberation Struggle, the Black Workers Congress, and Proletarian Revolution, n.d. [1974].
Transcription, Editing and Markup: Paul Saba

www.marxists.org...

Perhaps we should hear it from the founder of Black Lives Matter, Patrisse Cullors.

BlackLivesMatter Pays Homage to Marxist Cop Killer at Every Event It Holds

Cullors said that an Assata Shakur quote, which the group recites at all its events, is perfect to symbolize that the #BlackLivesMatter should matter to everyone, regardless of race.

Starting in a whisper, and ending in a shout, the nearly 2,000 attendees spoke as one.

It is our duty to fight for our freedom
It is our duty to win.
We must love each other and support each other.
We have nothing to lose but our chains.

The lines come from a letter that Shakur wrote titled “To My People,” where she describes herself as a “Black revolutionary” who “declared war on the rich who prosper on our poverty, the politicians who lie to us with smiling faces, and all the mindless, heart-less robots who protect them and their property.”

www.breitbart.com...

But it doesn't end there.

Co-founder of Black Lives Matter, Alicia Garza is an avowed Marxist.

ALICIA GARZA

Co-founder of Black Lives Matter
Marxist
Views America as a racist, sexist nation

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

But hey, that's not enough is it?... Ok then. Let's look at some of the signs that members of Black Lives Matter have been using.

Link Black Lives Matter Signs Revcom.us

www.independentsentinel.com...

What's revcom.us? Rev = Revolutionary. Com = Communists

revcom.us...

Of course, you can't forget other "socialist revolutionaries" who have partaken in BLM rallies. Let's see what they also have to say...

November 11, 2015 by revolutionarystudents
All Out for Million Student March!

As revolutionary ideology spreads amongst our students, we cannot lose CUNY to rising tuitions. We need control of CUNY so that we can transform it into an institution that spreads revolutionary ideology amongst students who will serve their communities. Revolutionary students who would go on to smash the White-supremacist, Heteropatriarchal, Capitalist-Imperialist system.

revolutionarystudents.wordpress.com...

So, the founder of Black Lives Matter idolizes and quotes a known communist who is a cop murderer, and is obviously communist herself. The co-founders of BLM are either avowed communists, or socialists and they are always promoting, and trying to impose the collectivist bs of socialism/communism by using the race card to force their very left-wing views.

So, are you going to continue telling us this is just a fringe part of the BLM?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Sorry that I can't spend the time to put up my research yet (that would detract by at least an hour from other things) - but I will provide you with this interview with Opal Tometi. Pay attention to the wording she uses, particularly about never feeling that there will be justice. In other words, she is admitting that the BLM movement will never be satisfied. Anyhow, you all read it and judge for yourselves. By the way, I'll also add that if you check her Twitter, you'll see her praise Venezuela for "intelligent political discourse."

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join