It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black lives matter movement = Domestic Terrorism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: Ceeker63
The Op stated that due to the Dartmouth college incident, that the BLM movement, should be considered a terrorist organization. To this end let us take a look at this fully:

While op believes it is a matter of time before someone is at the wrong place at the wrong time and they could get hurt, the reality it could happen. A person is intelligent, able to be swayed by reason and calm discussion, but a group, people are stupid, as then mob mentality tends to take over, and the actions of one person or persons can quickly escalate out of control.
But look at the message, the message is that they want to matter, to not be seen as a fringe element, there when just the politicians need votes, or when it is convenient, but also when it is inconvenient. And ultimately, how can they be a terrorist group, if all they are doing is protesting. If people are scared of a group protesting, without reason other than they are a nuisance, and holding signs, perhaps the people scared should take a good long look in the mirror, as they are not hearing the message.

Ask yourself this: Has the BLM protests, have they called for anyone to be killed? Or showed up armed with firearms? Have they threatened or even done any real damage to the areas that they appear in? If anything they show up, become a nuisance, and then leave. The only real shame of it all is that they do not want to have anyone else join them, seeking exclusion, and that I would think would be a bigger problem as now they are alienating those who could help them, who hear the message and want to try to change things for the better.

And if you want to look at a terrorist group, might I suggest one merely look at say Kevin Swanson and just listen to his message, and others like him. There are your real terrorist, as they are saying change, they often sit in the dark and are proclaiming mass murder on a group they find offensive. If you shut down BLM, a group that is crying out for social change, then are you willing to go after a religious group that calls for the outright murder of a group it finds offensive on the same grounds?

Actually yes they have chanted that cops should die as recently as a few days ago in Chicago.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

You must not have seen the video

I watched the video

:-)

Rioting is a terrorist threat.

Do you actually know what a riot is? No wonder you're scared

"Terrorism" as "The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons. "

Terrorists hurt people - they aren't merely noisy in a library or commons area

I'm beginning to think you don't think that black lives matter :-)

Seriously - get a grip

It is interesting that BLM college kids need their "safe spaces" yet they have no problem asserting their agenda on those in their space. Kinda hypocritical!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

You need to learn the definition of Terrorism, you're fundamentally flawed in your notions.
For a start, there needs to be a violent act carried out to attempt to further a political or ideological ambition for someone to be called a terrorist.

Y'know, like that WHITE man who walked into Planned Parenthood and started shooting people.
Or those WHITE right-wing extremists who shot at BLM protesters.
Or the WHITE, CHRISTIAN, CONSERVATIVE Dylann Roof who walked into a predominantly black church and opened fire.

Seems you just think that those you don't like shouldn't have the same rights to protest as you. But then again, I would expect nothing less than complete hypocrisy and ignorance from the right-wing.

To be fair those"right wing extremist" who shot a the protestors were assaulted first according to video,BUT are still in the wrong since Chicago has strict gun laws. Also Until th ejudge sees them on MONDAY this is all speculation on your part on them. Wait for official charges before stating something as fact please.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: Kali74 Ok Kali lets us look at what you said. "Taking over a library with words is not terrorism nor was it associated with BLM". You must not have seen the video www.youtube.com.... Rioting is a terrorist threat.
Rioting is 1) Technically a turbulent and violent disturbance of peace by three or more people acting together. 2) an assemblage of people who are out of control, causing injury, or endangering the physical safety of others and/or themselves, causing or threatening damage to property, and often violating various laws both individually and as a group. The common thread is that the people in a riot have the power through violence to break the public peace and safety, requiring police action.

"Terrorism" as "The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons. "

I just watched the video. You must really be joking. This is a "riot?" Good Lord!
This is a bunch of students passionately shouting "Black Lives Matter" and walking in a circle with signs in the middle of a college Library.

Where are the beatings, the car tipping and fires, the police with riot gear?

Seriously.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis I know exactly what rioting is. I have seen it up close. As far as black lives matter. I fall into the camp that all lives matter. My Christan faith tells me so. I defended this country for 22 years to make sure all lives matter. The problem is for some ideological reasoning some people think we should be sorted out into different colors.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

It is interesting that BLM college kids need their "safe spaces" yet they have no problem asserting their agenda on those in their space. Kinda hypocritical!

Hypocritical? Can you really not understand why they might want one?

Violence toward Black Lives Matter activists erases any doubt: We live in a time of racial strife

In both cases, protesters who identify themselves as connected to or concerned with the goals of the still relatively young Black Lives Matter movement became the targets of what appear to be politically motivated violence. Yes, politically motivated violence directed at one's perceived political opposition, other citizens.

To be able to peacefully protest is a right

I don't think they can ask for a space specifically for black students - it's not a very well thought out request. It is, however, completely understandable under the circumstances

Let's ramp this up a bit:

Donald Trump later appeared to endorse this violence: “Maybe he should have been roughed up, because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing,” Trump said on the Fox News Channel on Sunday morning. “I have a lot of fans, and they were not happy about it. And this was a very obnoxious guy who was a trouble-maker who was looking to make trouble.”

It is also telling that Donald Trump’s supporters began to triumphantly yell “all lives matter” while Mercutio Southall Jr. was taken away by police.

This slur is a rejection of the basic principle driving Black Lives Matter: African-Americans should have same the full and equal human rights, protections, and freedoms as whites. Any other civic arrangement should be unacceptable in a country that purports to be the greatest country on Earth.

To stand against Black Lives Matter is to agree that black people should in fact be second class citizens in their own country.

Consequently, it has become abundantly clear in recent months that “All Lives Matter” is the new “White Power!” for the Age of Obama.

When Black Lives Matter protesters exercised their constitutionally protected right of free speech at Hillary Clinton’s and Bernie Sanders’ rallies earlier this year, they were not physically assaulted by those in attendance.

In contrast, when Black Lives Matter and other protesters have intervened at Donald Trump rallies they have been met with thuggish violence by his public.

These young people are being mocked and targeted at the very same time political correctness and basic human rights in general are being ridiculed and dismissed as unimportant

Stay tuned sirlancelot - if you want to understand this better keep turning a blind eye. You may be wanting a safe space soon your own self

edit on 11/28/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I know exactly what rioting is

If you seriously offered up that video as an example then you're full of it

The problem is for some ideological reasoning some people think we should be sorted out into different colors.

Clearly - that is the problem - but not the way you mean it

To pretend that you don't understand what the very simple statement Black Lives Matter really means shows you've got no business trying to author a thread that calls this movement terrorism

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Hypocritical? Can you really not understand why they might want one?

Violence toward Black Lives Matter activists erases any doubt: We live in a time of racial strife

In both cases, protesters who identify themselves as connected to or concerned with the goals of the still relatively young Black Lives Matter movement became the targets of what appear to be politically motivated violence. Yes, politically motivated violence directed at one's perceived political opposition, other citizens.

To be able to peacefully protest is a right

I don't think they can ask for a space specifically for black students - it's not a very well thought out request. It is, however, completely understandable under the circumstances

Let's ramp this up a bit:

Donald Trump later appeared to endorse this violence: “Maybe he should have been roughed up, because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing,” Trump said on the Fox News Channel on Sunday morning. “I have a lot of fans, and they were not happy about it. And this was a very obnoxious guy who was a trouble-maker who was looking to make trouble.”

It is also telling that Donald Trump’s supporters began to triumphantly yell “all lives matter” while Mercutio Southall Jr. was taken away by police.

This slur is a rejection of the basic principle driving Black Lives Matter: African-Americans should have same the full and equal human rights, protections, and freedoms as whites. Any other civic arrangement should be unacceptable in a country that purports to be the greatest country on Earth.

To stand against Black Lives Matter is to agree that black people should in fact be second class citizens in their own country.

Consequently, it has become abundantly clear in recent months that “All Lives Matter” is the new “White Power!” for the Age of Obama.

When Black Lives Matter protesters exercised their constitutionally protected right of free speech at Hillary Clinton’s and Bernie Sanders’ rallies earlier this year, they were not physically assaulted by those in attendance.

In contrast, when Black Lives Matter and other protesters have intervened at Donald Trump rallies they have been met with thuggish violence by his public.

These young people are being mocked and targeted at the very same time political correctness and basic human rights in general are being ridiculed and dismissed as unimportant

Stay tuned sirlancelot - you want to understand this better keep turning a blind eye. You may be wanting a safe space soon your own self

Wow you must be in college and apart of this nonsense!

1. All races are in college these days!
2. All races can get an education and be whatever it is they want to be. (look at Ben Carson, Came from the hood and is top doctor, ironically he is a uncle tom or a coon according to others of his race)
3. What does BLM want?
4. Why isn't BLM protesting the 9 year old who was killed by 3 black guys in Chicago? Why in Chicago alone Is BLM not protesting the REAL ISSUE. Black on black violence? 440 Dead in Chicago alone almost all Black killed by other blacks!!!

i'M WIDE AWAKE AND i SEE THE HYPOCRISY! ITS TOO BAD YOU DONT SEE IT!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well, it's obvious you're not

Black on black violence?

It falsely claimed that 81 percent of murders involving white people were committed by black people, when only 14 percent were in 2014.

Crime experts have concluded that homicides are most likely to occur among people of the same race because people are usually murdered by someone they already know, and most people primarily know people of their own race.

As to what the BLM movement wants? They want people in this country to recognize that their lives are just as important as white lives

Did you not understand that - or do you just not agree with it?

Wide awake and overly caffeinated I see :-) I suppose you're wanting a cookie or something?
edit on 11/28/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: sorry - couldn't resist :-)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Spiramirabilis I know exactly what rioting is. I have seen it up close. As far as black lives matter. I fall into the camp that all lives matter. My Christan faith tells me so. I defended this country for 22 years to make sure all lives matter. The problem is for some ideological reasoning some people think we should be sorted out into different colors.

Perhaps you should understand it better as "Black Lives Matter TOO." If some of them feel other races don't matter, well, that's their lack of maturity, but really, all I'm seeing is that they want their specific issues addressed, not washed away in some general phrase "all lives matter." Of course all lives matter - so why don't their lives matter as much?? That's the point, I believe.

I don't have to feel comfortable with everything the protestors do or say, but this is America, and last I checked, our Constitution allows them to protest peacefully and speak their minds about their perceptions of injustice, in the hope of affecting change.

You are over-reaching, sir. While I respect your right to your opinion, I feel it is a dangerous one.

edit on 28-11-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So now some "members" of ATS consider practicing their First Amendment rights Domestic Terrorism?

The shills must be making OT pay this holiday weekend...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Perhaps you should understand it better as "Black Lives Matter TOO." If some of them feel other races don't matter, well, that's their lack of maturity, but really, all I'm seeing is that they want their specific issues addressed, not washed away in some general phrase "all lives matter." Of course all lives matter - so why don't their lives matter as much?? That's the point, I believe. I don't have to feel comfortable with everything the protestors do or say, but this is America, and last I checked, our Constitution allows them to protest peacefully and speak their minds about their perceptions of injustice, in the hope of affecting change.

You are over-reaching, sir. While I respect your right to your opinion, I feel it is a dangerous one.

But isn't it within their rights as U.S. Citizens, regardless if they are protesting for BLM or for those with stinky feet, to voice their concerns and protest?

No one is stopping any other races from doing the same thing on issues that are important to them, right?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Yes! Exactly!!
Um. I'm agreeing with them being able to protest?? Were you getting anything other than that from me? If so, I'm not sure how...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Perhaps you should understand it better as "Black Lives Matter TOO." If some of them feel other races don't matter, well, that's their lack of maturity, but really, all I'm seeing is that they want their specific issues addressed, not washed away in some general phrase "all lives matter." Of course all lives matter - so why don't their lives matter as much?? That's the point, I believe.

I honestly think the biggest mistake they made was calling it "Black Lives Matter/BLM" instead of "Black Lives Matter too/BLM2". That simple difference would've cleared up so much confusion. They expected most people to understand the context for their grievances, but apparently they were too naive. No matter how many times people explain it, there will always be people who interpret "Black Lives Matter" to mean "Only Black Lives Matter".

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Black on black violence?

It falsely claimed that 81 percent of murders involving white people were committed by black people, when only 14 percent were in 2014.

Crime experts have concluded that homicides are most likely to occur among people of the same race because people are usually murdered by someone they already know, and most people primarily know people of their own race.

As to what the BLM movement wants? They want people in this country to recognize that their lives are just as important as white lives

Wide awake and overly caffeinated I see :-) I suppose you're wanting a cookie or something?[/quote

No Im a grown up. I see plenty of violence from all races against other races. Here is what I don;t see. I don't see white victims creating a false narrative to further their agenda! For example a preganant white woman in Indiana was killed by a black guy! Ironically even the victims husband it not lashing out with hate. Ironically MSNBC doesnt even have a reference to the tragedy.

So what I see is a double standard.

News flash: Trayvon was not a saint, Mike the gentle giant wasnt either, Lequan was high as a kite and popped out his knife seconds before he was shot.

Here is my problem. Anyone regardless of race is a few steps away from a bullet if they make the wrong the decisions. White people get killed by cops too for making the wrong decisions.

The problem with America is some want to blame others for their lack of proper decision making.

The problem I have with BLM is they focus on the tiny percentage of deaths caused by cops but blatantly ignore the the vast majority of deaths caused by their own race!

If BLM you would think they would stand up to the true aggresor of their race, other black people.

Ironic you didnt address the senseless murder of a little 9 year black by luered and killed by three grown black men! Wonder why? Doesnt fit the narrative I guess.

For what it is worth I do think black people are unfairly profiled. I also think that the ones that chest up when this happens are the ones that at time become a statistics.

I think the root issue which we are seeing in schools even it the total lack of respect for authority. And that goes for all races.

link   
Why stop with BLM? When college students go crazy and start flipping cars and burning stuff, then they too are terrorists and should be arrested and prosecuted.

Dont discriminate with your hate, give it to everyone equally.

link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I think you might be right - but there's a part of me that suspects it wouldn't have made a difference

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Perhaps you should understand it better as "Black Lives Matter TOO." If some of them feel other races don't matter, well, that's their lack of maturity, but really, all I'm seeing is that they want their specific issues addressed, not washed away in some general phrase "all lives matter." Of course all lives matter - so why don't their lives matter as much?? That's the point, I believe. I don't have to feel comfortable with everything the protestors do or say, but this is America, and last I checked, our Constitution allows them to protest peacefully and speak their minds about their perceptions of injustice, in the hope of affecting change.

But isn't it within their rights as U.S. Citizens, regardless if they are protesting for BLM or for those with stinky feet, to voice their concerns and protest?

No one is stopping any other races from doing the same thing on issues that are important to them, right?

sure but if white people do it we are racist, KKK, white supremacist, right wing radicals, and the list goes on!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

Black on black violence?

Wide awake and overly caffeinated I see :-) I suppose you're wanting a cookie or something?[/quote

not sure why this is posting this way.

edit on 28-11-2015 by sirlancelot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Ironic you didnt address the senseless murder of a little 9 year black by luered and killed by three grown black men! Wonder why? Doesnt fit the narrative I guess.

It has nothing to do with the OP. I'll add - that you see this as significant when nobody is arguing that black people kill other black people. White people kill other white people. It's a meaningless point

Then there is this:

For what it is worth I do think black people are unfairly profiled. I also think that the ones that chest up when this happens are the ones that at time become a statistics.

So - you do see why there's a movement. Why the huge argument then - from you?

You think the ones that resist being unfairly profiled get shot? You still don't understand what this is about?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join