It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black lives matter movement = Domestic Terrorism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: Spiramirabilis I know exactly what rioting is. I have seen it up close. As far as black lives matter. I fall into the camp that all lives matter. My Christan faith tells me so. I defended this country for 22 years to make sure all lives matter. The problem is for some ideological reasoning some people think we should be sorted out into different colors.

Perhaps you should understand it better as "Black Lives Matter TOO." If some of them feel other races don't matter, well, that's their lack of maturity, but really, all I'm seeing is that they want their specific issues addressed, not washed away in some general phrase "all lives matter." Of course all lives matter - so why don't their lives matter as much?? That's the point, I believe. I don't have to feel comfortable with everything the protestors do or say, but this is America, and last I checked, our Constitution allows them to protest peacefully and speak their minds about their perceptions of injustice, in the hope of affecting change.

You are over-reaching, sir. While I respect your right to your opinion, I feel it is a dangerous one.

But isn't it within their rights as U.S. Citizens, regardless if they are protesting for BLM or for those with stinky feet, to voice their concerns and protest?

No one is stopping any other races from doing the same thing on issues that are important to them, right?

sure but if white people do it we are racist, KKK, white supremacist, right wing radicals, and the list goes on!

Yet even though the KKK & other white supremacist groups have been killing other Americans since the 1860s, they still haven't been treated as domestic terrorists. It's not even illegal to be a member of the neo-Nazis, even though thousands of Americans were killed fighting the actual Nazis.

So even if your argument was correct, why should BLM be treated like domestic terrorists if those groups aren't?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: sirlancelot

Ironic you didnt address the senseless murder of a little 9 year black by luered and killed by three grown black men! Wonder why? Doesnt fit the narrative I guess.

It has nothing to do with the OP

Cop out man! If the BLM want to ever be taken seriously they need to start addressing the true issue! Can you? Can you explain why BLM has done nothing to address the biggest perpetrator of black lives, their own race?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

See my edited reply

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

a reply to: Spiramirabilis I know exactly what rioting is. I have seen it up close. As far as black lives matter. I fall into the camp that all lives matter. My Christan faith tells me so. I defended this country for 22 years to make sure all lives matter. The problem is for some ideological reasoning some people think we should be sorted out into different colors.

Perhaps you should understand it better as "Black Lives Matter TOO." If some of them feel other races don't matter, well, that's their lack of maturity, but really, all I'm seeing is that they want their specific issues addressed, not washed away in some general phrase "all lives matter." Of course all lives matter - so why don't their lives matter as much?? That's the point, I believe. I don't have to feel comfortable with everything the protestors do or say, but this is America, and last I checked, our Constitution allows them to protest peacefully and speak their minds about their perceptions of injustice, in the hope of affecting change.

You are over-reaching, sir. While I respect your right to your opinion, I feel it is a dangerous one.

But isn't it within their rights as U.S. Citizens, regardless if they are protesting for BLM or for those with stinky feet, to voice their concerns and protest?

No one is stopping any other races from doing the same thing on issues that are important to them, right?

sure but if white people do it we are racist, KKK, white supremacist, right wing radicals, and the list goes on!

Yet even though the KKK & other white supremacist groups have been killing other Americans since the 1860s, they still haven't been treated as domestic terrorists. It's not even illegal to be a member of the neo-Nazis, even though thousands of Americans were killed fighting the actual Nazis.

So even if your argument was correct, why should BLM be treated like domestic terrorists if those groups aren't?

I never said they should be treated as terrorist! I never said they shouldn't exist! My issue is they focus all their energy on the little things and totally ignore the biggest issue black people in todays America face. Black on black murder!

I havent seen one BLM protest have anything to do with violence created by another black! Ironically blacks killing blacks is the biggest cause of death!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Black on black murder!

It is the dumbest, most ridiculously racist phrase used to describe crime in the world right now.

Have you ever heard anybody talk about white on white crime? Have you ever seen any white folk march about white crime, have conferences or gatherings focused on white on white crime? Don't lie—you know you haven't.

Almost all crime in America is committed intra-racially. That is to say, the overwhelming majority of crimes are committed by a racial group against that same group.

Yet, the only race-based phrase to ever describe crime is black on black.

Did you know....

Whites are 6 times as likely to be murdered by another white person as by a black person; and overall, the percentage of white Americans who will be murdered by a black offender in a given year is only 2/10,000ths of 1 percent (0.0002). This means that only 1 in every 500,000 white people will be murdered by a black person in a given year. Although the numbers of black-on-white homicides are higher than the reverse (447 to 218 in 2010), the 218 black victims of white murderers is actually a higher percentage of the black population interracially killed than the 447 white victims of black murderers as a percentage of the white population.

In fact, any given black person is 2.75 times as likely to be murdered by a white person as any given white person is to be murdered by an African American.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Its dangerous to call movements like blm terrorists, because where does it end? I think they are a bunch of idiots, even disruptive at times, but thats it.

As it stands, anyone in America can protest for any reason. In the past years however, Americans have been restricted with things like 'free speech zones', and militarized police etc. Our freedom is hanging on by a thread, lets try to save that last thread..
edit on 28-11-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

See my edited reply

Listen Im white! I grew up in a mostly black area. I was the minority in my neighborhood. Some of my best friends in high school where black. That being said all the stories I heard from my black buddies wasnt about the white man oppressing them it was " this nigga put a gun to my head" ok!

I guess I just hope that somehow through this BLM they find some direction and not just acknowledge that Black on black occurs but actually do something about it.

Sadly I fear that this movement is not about what it portrays itself to be. I hope Im wrong!

Lastly while we have the BLM, ISIS, and all the other distractions our country is being lost.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You are correct on many points. Trust me though, ive had many debates with people with the 'liberal' mindset, and they won't see it. i dont fear blm, or protestors, but I do fear the immense brainwashing going on. I see it, you see it, its scary, and theres not a damn thing we can do about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I never said they should be treated as terrorist! I never said they shouldn't exist! My issue is they focus all their energy on the little things and totally ignore the biggest issue black people in todays America face. Black on black murder!

I havent seen one BLM protest have anything to do with violence created by another black! Ironically blacks killing blacks is the biggest cause of death!

Be honest. Have you actually looked into the protests and community initiatives against black on black crime? Because our communities have plenty of different organizations & initiatives that focus on them. Even the Nation of Islam works with the communities & churches to fight gang violence and with programs to prevent people from getting involved in gangs. It's not our fault the media you pay attention to doesn't mention these initiatives.

BLM is a movement that's focused on getting the criminal justice system to treat us fairly. That's it. It's not focused on the other things, just as it's not focused on fighting cancers & high blood pressure, which also kill our people. That's like expecting PETA to protest against fossil fuels & drunk driving.

So I don't understand your comments about them. Or are you angry because they don't focus on even more issues? As in, you want them to be a movement full of MLK's, Malcolm X's & W.E.B. Dubois's, that focus on the entire social, political, and economic situation?

Edit to add: To be fair, I mentioned the part about us being treated as domestic terrorists because that's what the OP & thread title are about. It seemed like your posts were agreeing with the OP, hence my response. So my bad if that's not what you meant. But remember, we can't read your mind; we can only read what you type. So if your posts read a certain way, that's what we'll respond to.
edit on 28-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Trust me though, ive had many debates with people with the 'liberal' mindset, and they won't see it.

It's not that they won't see it - it's that they don't see it only one way

That discussion isn't one that belongs in this thread - unless you want to have a chat about why there is so much crime period, then why there is crime in minority communities - and then, finally - why the Black Lives Matter movement exists at all

But, just in case you think you have something new to say - here is one liberalish person that's willing to listen

What exactly is the problem that we won't see?

edit on 11/28/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wow, double post somehow. Im on my phone and its screwing me up. I think i may have somehow blown away my other respose. Ugh. Sorry, cant post it again cause this is a pain.

link   

That being said all the stories I heard from my black buddies wasnt about the white man oppressing them it was " this nigga put a gun to my head" ok!

Why do you think this is happeneing?

Sadly I fear that this movement is not about what it portrays itself to be. I hope Im wrong!

What do you think it really is?

link   
Originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Well, at the risk of talking about something that doesnt belong in this thread, as you put it...

The huge fabricated lie (or at least severely overblown perception) that scores of privilaged white racism is rampant in this country, even though all indications show otherwise. its about the denial of the actual rampant black on white racism going on and a refusal to acknowledge a violent culture, one of which the black community has embraced as their own, and proudly for decades. its about understanding personal responsibily, and less blame game cries of racism when something doesnt go the way people like in blm want.

furthermore, as the poster you have been arguing has been trying to point out, its about recognizing there is a serious and rampant problem with black on black violence, and it needs to be addressed, not continually swept under the rug.

i suppose i coud go on and on, but thats a summary, at least pertaining to the subject at hand. There are many more subjects, but that would really be going off topic. Besides, my spidey senses tell me it would end up in circles anyway, like im sure it would if i chose continue this with you. There you go, you asked.

extra DIV

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Besides spidey senses tell me it would end up in circles anyway, like im sure it would if i chose continue this with you.

You're right - it will go in circles :-)

It could belong in this thread - but this thread is supposed to be about how BLM is a domestic terrorist organization...

...furthermore, as the poster you have been arguing has been trying to point out, its about recognizing there is a serious and rampant problem with black on black violence, and it needs to be addressed, not continually swept under the rug.

You think people don't recognize the problem, or is it that they don't want to see it the same way as you do?

Let me ask you the same question I asked sirlancelot - what is the reason for this black on black violence?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Thug culture, a culture that is embraced by a large portion of the black community, plain and simple. Sure, there are thugs of all races, but it's so far out of control in the black communuty because they refuse to address the issue.

It's no longer whiteys fault, there are plenty of programs, grants etc for all races and sexual orientations as well as mesures put in place like affirmative action to ensure they succeed. This is not the 50s anymore, People need to get out of that mindset.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Black community IS aware of Black-on-Black crime; there are many community groups working with wider concerns, the problem is, that isn't as interesting to the media and/or racial detractors as the demonstrations regarding cop-on-Black crime.

That the community itself is unconcerned or unaware is a lie that keeps getting repeated.

BLM is not focused on Black-On-Black violence; it was not founded to be so, it is not evolving to be so. BLM is concered with police violence against unarmed Black youths, and other massive disparities between the way Blacks are treated and the way other races are.

The continual cry that "issues within the Black community" are all either unknown or "swept under the rug" is utter pure malarkey.

Its as outdated as whining about Reagan's "welfare queens" and as silly as arguing that the Civil Rights movement is what has "destroyed" Black America.

Update the rhetoric at least.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Thug culture, a culture that is embraced by a large portion of the black community, plain and simple. Sure, there are thugs of all races, but it's so far out of control in the black communuty because they refuse to address the issue.

It's no longer whiteys fault, there are plenty of programs, grants etc for all races and sexual orientations as well as mesures put in place like affirmative action to ensure they succeed. This is not the 50s anymore, People need to get out of that mindset.

Well - allrighty then

:-)

So, in spite of all whitey's best efforts - ensuring that they should be successful - the simple answer is that they are thugs

I was so hoping for more...or maybe I was hoping for less

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I said thug culture, it exists whether you want to deny it or not. I did not say all blacks are thugs, but this is the kind of reponse i would expect, and why i wont go in circles with you. Its a lost cause. Good day.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I said thug culture, it exists whether you want to deny it or not. I did not say all blacks are thugs, but this is the kind of reponse i would expect, and why i wont go in circles with you. Its a lost cause. Good day.

The reason you don't want to go around and around is because you want to say it's thug culture and leave it at that - not offer your theory about why this is...

You call it black on black crime - but when I asked why does it exist you give me: thug culture

So, yeah - I was hoping for more
edit on 11/28/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

That being said all the stories I heard from my black buddies wasnt about the white man oppressing them it was " this nigga put a gun to my head" ok!

Why do you think this is happeneing?

What do you think it really is?

Personally I think it is becaue of two things:

1. Many blacks thought when Obama wa elected that because he was black himself that their lives would miraculously improve. Fast forward 7 years later and the reality for most of America including blacks their lives are worse.

2. I think there is a systematic issue with blacks where the govt appears to be on their side but in reality they are actually more dependant on the govt. Look at welfare, the labor participation rate, food stamps, and black unemployment (especially young black men 25% plus)

Idle hands are the devils tool as they say.

IMO the biggest issue affecting black people is due to our current administrations agenda. Importing millions of illegals that take jobs away from the lower class including blacks. (less opportunity) creating dependency for govt programs which lowers the need and drive to get educated and make something of ones self. I could go on and on about other instances.

We all have "free will" to do our become whatever we want to be. I agree it is harder for some then others but it is possible.

Im not even going to get into the issue's black people have with the erosion of their family units but that plays a role as well. When yound men have no male role models and their peers (many of which are not positive) become the role models the wrong lessons are taught!

Systemically there are changes as well. 30 years ago if a kid was bad he got a ass whipping. Now DHS is called and the parent is thrown in jail.

This PC culture is breeding a bunch of whiny kids that have no respect for authority and it is playing out in the streets of America today!

Seriously Trayvon, Mike Brown, Rice, McDonald. What where these guys doing when they met their demise?

Trayvon was beating a guys head into cement.

Brown was rushing a cop he already assualted,

Rice had a gun in his hand

McDonald had a knife, was running, and when confronted took out his knife and didnt listen to commands.

Bottomline is they all where chesting up to authority and they paid the price. (all that being said in the case of Rice and McDonald I believe the Cops could and should have handled thing differently)

Lastly when you see black kids in college who are there to get an education they should be motivated to get a education so they can better themselves. Instead they go around listing demands, dictating who should teach and what should be taught. You would think they would be glad they made it and their chance to become educated is ripe for the taking. Instead they go around disrupting.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join