It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else ready to punch their family in the face? Rant here.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Totally. I am hosting this year and I snuck out an hour ago after they expected me to cook the potatoes three different ways (along with sweet potatoes) when their are only five of us. They think I'm picking up the pie, that I actually got last night and put in the fridge in the garage.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Pre-Black Friday is the single largest day for Alcohol sales in North America.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Congratulations!
What a beautiful thing to be thankful for this holiday! Babies bring so much happiness and joy (well maybe not at 4AM
) you are truly blessed.
Sorry that your parents can't celebrate the excitement with you.
But they'll come around, I hope.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Awww....it's probably the hormones but you brought a tear to me eye.

Oh, my 2 babies are beautiful, perfect angels and I know this one will be too. In addition to the good friends I know I can always count on....I am literally making my own family. Lol! I guess that is one advantage to being a female.

But seriously, I can't drink. Have a pint for me.

Or two

And even though you're halfway around the world and I've never met you, it's nice to get a normal, human reaction out of someone.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mjab6910

Of course, once the baby is here they're wrapped around his/her finger. But I get to deal with a whole lot of 'meh' and a whole lot of 'don't you know what a condom is?' (even if it was planned) through the whole pregnancy. But thank you all for the kind thoughts and good wishes. You really do have me bawling like a baby right now.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: makemethink

That's BS. Are you anywhere near Texas? You could come hide out here. It will be a loooong wait for that pie!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Consider two drinks, duly quaffed with great enthusiasm on your esteemed behalf!

And you know what, even I am thankful for something tonight, and although I am geographically and nationally incompatible with the origin of the holiday itself, I should tell you that I am thankful that it is possible for one persons expression of congratulation, to travel across the ocean floor, or between a network of communications satellites, and light up a face on another continent, and that congratulations were in order in the first place. God bless the internet, God bless you and your child, and God bless ATS for making these small moments of pseudo magic possible!

Rejoice, for great things are afoot!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemethink
Totally. I am hosting this year and I snuck out an hour ago after they expected me to cook the potatoes three different ways (along with sweet potatoes) when their are only five of us. They think I'm picking up the pie, that I actually got last night and put in the fridge in the garage.

This is part of my sister's experience. She made the mistake of letting them know she cooks, and now they expect her to do it all and all the way they want it, and they want it multiple ways and they are all diabetics who do not manage their disease ... and it goes on and on and on ...

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I'm in Orange County, CA. I may take you up on that next year... But I don't think Texas is far enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join