It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Christianity — Pastor Who Hosted GOP: Paris Victims 'Devil-Worshippers'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: theantediluvian

How many "radical Christians" are blowing themselves up inside apartment complexes, executing over a hundred people, or swan diving Boeings into skyscrapers? Perspective, you lack it severely, friend.

Maybe those radical Christians just aren't as brave as their Muslim counterparts.

Especially when they can just lobby Congress to have our military, I mean the "Lord's Army," do it for them.

I think that's the whole point of this thread. One is just as dangerous as the other.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It isn't dubious, it does exist... just not at any levels of significance or import.

It's not significant or important that presidential contenders are included in the numbers of those whom are Radical Christian homophobes? Cruz gets elected...and there's your 'Supreme Leader.'

Think it's impossible? Think some more....

Thanks Buzzy. Now I'm going to have bad dreams tonight. *shudders*

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

How many "radical Christians" are blowing themselves up inside apartment complexes, executing over a hundred people, or swan diving Boeings into skyscrapers? Perspective, you lack it severely, friend.

This thread is a prime example of a false equivalence.

They really are trying their best to equate Radical Christianity to Radical Islam.

Over 40 years of examples of radical Islam to current events in Paris.

Apples to oranges.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ugh since you missed it.

World Ignores Genocide In Central African Republic Because It’s Not ISIS & There’s No Oil

When the Seleka, a group of mostly Muslim rebels, led a successful coup in the Central African Republic in March 2013, one of the world’s poorest countries was plunged into turmoil as Christian militias targeted the nation’s minority Muslim population in what amounts to genocide.

Ethnic cleansing in Central African Republic, no genocide: U.N. inquiry

Christian militia in Central African Republic have carried out ethnic cleansing of the Muslim population during the country's ongoing civil war, but there is no proof there was genocidal intent, a United Nations commission of inquiry has determined.

Unspeakable horrors in a country on the verge of genocide

Militias in the Central African Republic are slitting children's throats, razing villages and throwing young men to the crocodiles. What needs to happen before the world intervenes?

Rights groups warn of ethnic cleansing of Muslims in Central African Republic

He cited "indiscriminate killings and massacres" and "shocking barbarity, brutality and inhumanity." He said he's "deeply distressed that nearly half a million Central Africans have been newly displaced since December alone. In all, 2.5 millions are in desperate need."

edit on 25-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: PresidentCamacho

I wholly agree with that statement. So why is it then that one strain of crazy is so acceptable among mainstream American conservatives that GOP politicians can be immersed up to their necks in it without suffering negative effects and another is the subject of considerable consternation and copious ranting?

Trust me, it isn't the message of Westboro Baptist that makes them the scourge of most Americans, it's their poor choice of how and where they relay the message. If they didn't target the funerals of fallen soldiers and the like, you'd hear much less about them as far as being crazy.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Apples to oranges.

Even more black people were lynched in the U.S. than previously thought, study find

Researchers said they determined that 3,959 black people were killed in “racial terror lynchings” in a dozen Southern states between 1877 and 1950. The new number includes 700 people who were not named in previous works seeking to comprehensively document the toll, the authors wrote. Some of those previous studies were conducted at a time when lynching was still an ongoing phenomenon.

Gee what fine upstanding citizens did those?

link   

you even put it in quotes as though the mere existence of radical Christianity is dubious.

It isn't dubious, it does exist... just not at any levels of significance or import. There is no Supreme Leader of "radical Christianity." Here's where you're failing: Christians have opinions, just like everyone else does.

Crazy damn world these days.

There is not two sects within Christianity vying trying to control the world. Like there is within Islam.

There is no 'version' of the sunni/shia split waging civil war between themselves ALL over the globe.

What is their 'example'?

American politics, and 'a' group in Africa.

Crazy indeed because they think people are dumb enough to buy in to the propaganda about 'radical' christians.

link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Back in the day they were the KKK hey.

Hopefully they never band together again and enforce their hypocricy and brutality again.

There is strength in numbers, even if it is a whole bunch of idiots...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Reality is what remains after we stop believing in everything else.

Let's start there, with reality, sans everything we can't prove to be true.

That, in and of itself, is an almost impossible feat to accomplish when one side of the spectrum considers ideological opinion to be the most influential factor in the determining what is "proof."

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone

Apples to oranges.

Even more black people were lynched in the U.S. than previously thought, study find

Researchers said they determined that 3,959 black people were killed in “racial terror lynchings” in a dozen Southern states between 1877 and 1950. The new number includes 700 people who were not named in previous works seeking to comprehensively document the toll, the authors wrote. Some of those previous studies were conducted at a time when lynching was still an ongoing phenomenon.

Yeah and SO ?

That was by the same people that created the KKK and are now trying to compare 'radical' Christianity to 'radical' islam.

It doesn't work.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

I wholly agree with that statement. So why is it then that one strain of crazy is so acceptable among mainstream American conservatives that GOP politicians can be immersed up to their necks in it without suffering negative effects and another is the subject of considerable consternation and copious ranting?

Trust me, it isn't the message of Westboro Baptist that makes them the scourge of most Americans, it's their poor choice of how and where they relay the message. If they didn't target the funerals of fallen soldiers and the like, you'd hear much less about them as far as being crazy.

Thats kind of common sense isnt it?

If you didnt hear or see it, how the hell can you speak out against it?

You wouldnt know they were doing it....

Thats like blaming police for not arresting a man they didnt know was shoplifting....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Apples to oranges.

Where did it say these people who lynched them were specifically Christian?

That doesnt make sense

I dont condone these actions mind you, but lets think about this....

Youre going back to the 40s, How many has Radical Islam killed just the last two years, compared to this?

Again theres no excuse for either one, but trying to draw a parallel is cognitive dissonance

That being said, theres no excuse for hate regardless of color, or creed

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

Thats kind of common sense isnt it?

If you didnt hear or see it, how the hell can you speak out against it?

You wouldnt know they were doing it....

Thats like blaming police for not arresting a man they didnt know was shoplifting....

You miss my meaning, or I didn't explain it well. If they were only preaching their brand of hate within their church like most of these other hate churches do, they would not make the amount of news they do by letting everyone know they are going to bash everything in life different than their disgusting selves and they are going to do it at the funeral of Corporal Smith, who died in battle, or the funeral of a fallen police officer.

You keep it to your congregation sermons and it doesn't make as much news. Those other ministries who preach similar garbage are keeping their hate in-house. If Westboro did the same, would they be such a hot topic? Doubt it.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Apples to oranges.

Yeah and SO ?

That was by the same people that created the KKK and are now trying to compare 'radical' Christianity to 'radical' islam.

It doesn't work.

Here were some "good" christians from only decades ago

The Wildly Depressing History of Canadian Residential Schools

These government funded, church-run institutions, literally stole children from their families, brought them to places thousands of kilometres away from their homes, physically, mentally and sexually abused them, deliberately contaminated them with tuberculosis, and decimated their sense of self, their sense of heritage and culture, all in some backwards attempt to assimilate them into good, Christian Canadians

And remember you stated "Over 40 years of examples of radical Islam to current events in Paris.

Apples to oranges. "

Just to show you...Christians have also made a stain on history..just mere decades for the native people and black people don't ignore.

Also those acts committed by ISIS are not representative of all of Islam. Tell me how you disagree because you have read the Quran from front to back and can speak with expertise about it or are you basing your information on the tidbits of information used by Fox..etc.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

That is a really huge part of the problem now, isn't it?.

The majority of people have no clue what freedom is, and that is why they have lost it.

My religion is nobody else's business, and theirs is none of mine.

Everything is only business in the end and if there were no revenue generated by it for someone, somewhere, somehow, it probably would not even be a topic or an issue.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What I want to know when public 'lynchings' became passe.

After all we have then on a daily basis in the media, and on ATS.

From Bankers,to ceos, to gun owners, to the Tea party, to GMO, and Monsanto to every other issue.

Since aparently 'harsh' words make people 'radical', and comparable to what goes on in the ME on a daily basis.
edit on 25-11-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I was replying to NEo who stated that radical attacks by Islam having going on for decades and I showed him that Christians have also done horrible things mere decades ago.

As for Christians and radicals...look at Africa and tell them the Christians there are not radicals.
edit on 25-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

That is a really huge part of the problem now, isn't it?.

The majority of people have no clue what freedom is, and that is why they have lost it.

My religion is nobody else's business, and theirs is none of mine.

Everything is only business in the end and if there were no revenue generated by it for someone, somewhere, somehow, it probably would not even be a topic or an issue.

Which is exactly why I have no use for "organized" religion, it's just another business driven by a lust for power & dominance.

edit on 25-11-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

Just to show you...Christians have also made a stain on history..just mere decades for the native people and black people don't ignore.

Wasn't radical 'christians' that attacked on 9-11.

Wasn't radical 'christians' that attacked the USS Cole, and Kobar Towers, and the embassies in Narobi, and it sure as snip wasn't chrisitans responsible for Benghazi.

But hey.

Keep pushing that false equivolency.

Might want to go see a doctor, and see if they can do anything about that Christianphobia.

Now there is a stain.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I was replying to NEo who stated that radical attacks by Islam having going on for decades and I showed him that Christians have also done horrible things mere decades ago.

As for Christians and radicals...look at Africa and tell them the Christians there are not radicals.

factreal.wordpress.com... cks-against-america/

None of those were committed by 'Christians'.

But hey who cares right.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join