It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Christianity — Pastor Who Hosted GOP: Paris Victims 'Devil-Worshippers'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Its threads like these that attempt to divide and put people in boxes, once again generalizing a whole group of people

The thread is about the hate speech of a man whom three very high profile republican presidential candidates respect and have politically associated with. That man is very vocal about his wishes towards non-Christian and LGBT people up to and including death penalties.

If this thread is an attempt to "divide and put people in boxes", what do you think those four men are doing?

I disagree this in the first paragraph seems to indicate just that

I believe the line they crossed that excludes them from being protected by the cloak of conservative political correctness is largely one of etiquette rather than ideology.

Thinly veiled pigeonholing is still pigeonholing

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: Klassified

Well I'm sure this must be true...because you said it.

But just for arguments sake can we see some sources?

Sure. Just google the percentage of evangelical Christians in America. Now google what they believe. Then, if you can get any former fundamentalists like myself to talk to you, and tell you what Christians say and think when only other Christians can hear them, you'll have a complete picture.

ETA: Have a seat, and listen to some of the most popular evangelical preachers on TV these days. These guys have millions of viewers, BIG congregations, and lots of money rolling in. You can start with Steven Anderson, John Hagee, Pat Robertson, and the list goes on.
edit on 11/25/2015 by Klassified because: eta

edit on 11/25/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You didn't have to point out all that to me. I'm aware that Christians speak out against things like this, that they volunteer and help others. The point was to get you to acknowledge that directing that rhetoric towards Muslims is stupid for the VERY same reasons you think it is stupid to ask Christians the same.

Just saying...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Don't you think that the GOP contenders for POTUS are in that box, though?

I mean - they are definitely in it. Don't you see that?

If people like Cruz, Huckabee, and Rubio (woops - Jindal, I meant) (but Rubio still fits in there) are espousing homophobic theocratic ideas, what box do they belong in?
And by association, what box do their supporters belong in?

After all, there is a "Box" that suits them....

??

The only one I remotely agree with on many issues outside of Paul is Cruz

And its my belief that Cruz needs to evolve a bit in his ideas on Homosexuality etc..

I dont agree with him on that stance what so ever

As far as the others, I disagree with them on most of their views

I believe the older generation of Conservatives might display this sort of intolerance

I do not believe that young conservatives believe in that hard lined dogma, I cant speak for all of them but I run in some fairly large groups due to my profession and hobbies, and I couldnt tell you of one person that is critical of things like Homosexuality

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You didn't have to point out all that to me. I'm aware that Christians speak out against things like this, that they volunteer and help others. The point was to get you to acknowledge that directing that rhetoric towards Muslims is stupid for the VERY same reasons you think it is stupid to ask Christians the same.

Just saying...

You either did not read the entire post or misunderstood what you read, I was fairly clear

Idiocy and intolerance knows no one religion or ideology, its an affliction of the heart, not of religion And yes I would say the same for Islam

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

this is good to hear.

but, why aren't the young conservatives Christians (who don't believe lbgt should be rounded up and jailed) speaking out when THREE of your presidential candidates attended this rally?

edit on 25-11-2015 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Yeah I've seen them before on television. Also attended a private Catholic school for 12 years. Heard a LOT of ignorant things but I don't seem to recall them ever telling me to kill someone...or blow myself up....

If you could just shoot me a link to a video of any one of those guys you mentioned saying either of those things it would really clear things up for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Excellent point! Couldn't agree more!

Although, at this point in time, they're going beyond using lobbyist.

I think I read somewhere that they're actually attempting to recruit preachers to run for Congress. Go figure!

Or maybe, they just decided to cut out the middle-man as a cost saving measure for budgetary reasons. After all, they are conservatives. Yeah, that's it!
edit on 25-11-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
These Christian zealots are all over the south in the U.S..

It is truly terrifying to think what would happen if there were a societal collapse here and those churches formed a part of the local power structure and government.

It would be like Iraq or Afghanistan or someplace in Africa.

There would be witch hunts and gay hunts and unclean people hunts and non believer of the same things as we do hunts.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

And its my belief that Cruz needs to evolve a bit in his ideas on Homosexuality etc..

I dont agree with him on that stance what so ever

Coolio.
Glad to hear it. You know his dad is an outspoken Dominionist, right? Who groomed Cruz to be the Annointed Savior and theocrat president that he thinks this country needs. You know that, right?

Look, I have family in Texas, and friends...I love them, and enjoy visiting them. I'm certainly not anti-Texan, but, well, there is a contingent of politicians from there that make my hair stand on end at the same time I throw up a little in my mouth. I hate it when that happens.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Radical "Muslims" kill people who they don't agree with...

Radical "Christians" agree with Radical "Muslims" killing people who they don't agree with...

link   
a reply to: infolurker

Christians do bombing for Idealogical reasons too. "The Army of God" was a Christian sect that bombed abortion clinics, in 2012 Wade Page walked into a Sikh temple and murdered 6 people in the name of christianity (thinking they were muslims)

In 2009 Dr. George Tiller was murdered by an anti-abortion christian extremist, after months of Bill O'Reilly referring to him as "Tiller the Baby Killer" and other hateful rhetoric. Ann Coulter commented that she "Didn't think of it as murder, more like terminating in the 203rd trimester."

The Army of God also praised Eric Rudolph, a terrorist who carried out a number of bombings in the name Christianity including the bombing of the Olympic park in Atlanta during the 1996 olympic games that killed one person and wounded 111 people. He also bombed a Lesbian bar in 1997 and an abortion clinic. These were all done under the Auspices of "The Army Of God"

Need I mention Timothy McVeigh?

So yea, There have been plenty of christian terrorists fairly recently, the media just doesn't cover them as extensively so you don't remember them.

I think what the OP is trying to say is that three POPULAR republican presidential candidates are aligning themselves with right wing extremists that are spouting hateful and demeaning things and are IMPROVING their ratings among conservatives!

I always hear conservatives saying things like "Well, not all muslims are terrorists, but most of them tacitly agree with what the terrorists are doing." But what does it say about presidential candidates that are making appearances with people who spout hateful and concerning rhetoric? You'd think if the "Majority" of conservatives weren't radical they wouldn't be supporting candidates who associate with these people but those aren't the results we're seeing.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Christians have access to a tool that does FAR more damage than terrorism. Lobbying. .

You worry me lately crazy. Maybe it is just me but you used to seem more rational regarding politics.

So many posters, from BOTH sides have gone off the fear mongering deep end. The divide is blatant, there is no middle ground anymore.
This is intentionally fed and nurtured by the media. That is MSM.

Then you get people soaking up the far left or right propaganda rags, and you get comments like above.

The world has lost its collective minds.

Cant people step back and see the insanity? Everyone is so blinded by their own hate/fear, they cant see they are being just as 'radical' as their opponent.

I grieve for what our Nation has become.....

link   
Radical Christianity — Pastor Who Hosted GOP: Paris Victims 'Devil-Worshippers'

Think I will take a page from the 'progressive' platform.

Stop being racist bigots Christianphobes.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's conservative political correctness for you — dismiss anyone who disagrees with you as "divisive!" when in fact, the only thing about this issue which is dividing us is your reluctance to admit that there's something wrong with a (leading) presidential candidate and sitting US Senator being immersed in violent religious extremism because A) he's a conservative and B) he's a Christian. That's not anything I'm doing. That's on you.

How is that on me? Im not responsible for his belief system, just as im not responsible for someones ignorance in reference to Racism

Nice blame shifting though

Again youre white washing and IM the one being unreasonable?

The world is truly upside down

White washing is exactly what you're attempting to do right now.

Im white washing because I said putting people in a box and pigeonholing an entire group is white washing?

That makes absolutely no sense what so ever

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

The only witch hunt I see here is being done by the people in this thread.

Burn the dude who said this stuff at the stake for all I care but why burn all christians with them..

I'm in shock I mean there are some of the same posters who fight tooth and nail to get the idea across that not all Islam is Radical with torches and pitchforks in their hands marching towards Christianity.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

You saying the speeches and rallies are invented?

This isn't just us making crap up, stosh.
It is real, and it is happening. Please stop trying to sweep it under the rug as insignificant.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

Yeah I've seen them before on television. Also attended a private Catholic school for 12 years. Heard a LOT of ignorant things but I don't seem to recall them ever telling me to kill someone...or blow myself up....

If you could just shoot me a link to a video of any one of those guys you mentioned saying either of those things it would really clear things up for me.

Well first. I never said in my original post anything about them killing anyone, or blowing people up. That's putting words in my mouth, and building a straw man to tear down. What I responded to in the OP is clearly quoted in my first post. But I will repeat it: Many Christians secretly agree with the (Christian)extremists. They just don't have the courage to stand up and be counted among them. Added () so no misunderstandings.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I say let people live their lives and observe the parameters of the constitution.

Practice whatever religion you want, be gay a # if you want, observe Islam if you want.

Don't try to shove your religion down my throat, don't try to talk me into putting your weenie in my butt, don't build minarettes all over the place and shout out prayers to everyone everywhere and be disruptive to those who don't share your beliefs.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

So they agree in secret and everyone should just trust you, or, infiltrate a christian organization, gain their trust, and then find out the truth for myself when they start feeling comfortable around me. (Because secretly they are all just waiting for non-believers to leave the room so they can spout hate)

Or I could just point out you've made a vague blanket statement with nothing to back it up.

It's a throwaway comment that does nothing for the conversation and yet there are stars there on top of the comment instead of COMMENT REMOVED because the witch hunt is in full effect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join