It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Christianity — Pastor Who Hosted GOP: Paris Victims 'Devil-Worshippers'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

You missed this part:

originally posted by: intrepid
Assuming you live in the West.....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You missed this part:

Assuming you live in the West.....

Yeah sorry bout that. To the other members, living in the west does not excuse you from ignoring the atrocities committed by Christians over seas.

Not all Christians are radicals intent to kill and maim you but not all Muslims are either.
edit on 25-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Did you even read the article you linked?

It clearly states the muslims started it and the christians fought back.

The seeds were sown in March last year when the Seleka, a largely Muslim rebel group, seized Bangui in a coup, installed the country's first Muslim president, Michel Djotodia, and terrorised the majority Christian population, killing men, women and children. In response, predominantly Christian forces known as the anti-balaka (balaka means machete in Sango, the local language) launched counterattacks against the Seleka and perceived Muslim collaborators.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Did you even read the article you linked?

It clearly states the muslims started it and the christians fought back.

The seeds were sown in March last year when the Seleka, a largely Muslim rebel group, seized Bangui in a coup, installed the country's first Muslim president, Michel Djotodia, and terrorised the majority Christian population, killing men, women and children. In response, predominantly Christian forces known as the anti-balaka (balaka means machete in Sango, the local language) launched counterattacks against the Seleka and perceived Muslim collaborators.

www.theguardian.com...

OK then..whew..so the Christians are justified in slaughtering innocents...thanks.

Does it really matter who started it..the end result is atrocities are still being committed by that religion.
edit on 25-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone
Or does it not matter because it is not a western country?

Actually, it doesn't matter to western governments because there's no oil or exploitable cheap labor in that part of Africa.

I'll go ahead and say those in Africa who claim Christianity are full of crap. There is NOTHING (and I do mean nothing) in Jesus' teachings that support horsecrap like Kony's claims of mysticism and channeling of spirits. There is also NOTHING in the religion which supports the CAR militia's animist beliefs. Quite the opposite, the Bible is pretty damn precise in stating that man is placed above the animals, not in line with them, not possessed by them, and not able to shape shift into them.

Now, on the flip side, how long do you honestly think one of these idiots would last if they walked into the average Southern Baptist, Catholic, or Assembly of God church and explained what they (or at least the media) call "Christianity?" Every church I've ever been in would have run them out the building immediately, and many of those churches would have started commanding the demons to leave as they were chasing the idiot out.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Or does it not matter because it is not a western country?

Actually, it doesn't matter to western governments because there's no oil or exploitable cheap labor in that part of Africa.

I'll go ahead and say those in Africa who claim Christianity are full of crap. There is NOTHING (and I do mean nothing) in Jesus' teachings that support horsecrap like Kony's claims of mysticism and channeling of spirits. There is also NOTHING in the religion which supports the CAR militia's animist beliefs. Quite the opposite, the Bible is pretty damn precise in stating that man is placed above the animals, not in line with them, not possessed by them, and not able to shape shift into them.

Now, on the flip side, how long do you honestly think one of these idiots would last if they walked into the average Southern Baptist, Catholic, or Assembly of God church and explained what they (or at least the media) call "Christianity?" Every church I've ever been in would have run them out the building immediately, and many of those churches would have started commanding the demons to leave as they were chasing the idiot out.

Now you kind of getting it. It sucks that those Christians are committing those acts but they are not a representation of that religion..so why is it so hard to understand that ISIS is not a representative of Islam.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Assuming you live in the West.....what are the odds of both of those happening? I'd say the former happens quite a lot. The latter... never?

Never... wonder why that is? Might it have something to do with the oh-so-often criticized "xenophobia" many westerners have embraced in the wake of these actions taking place daily in other countries and regions?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Now you kind of getting it. It sucks that those Christians are committing those acts but they are not a representation of that religion..so why is it so hard to understand that ISIS is not a representative of Islam.

Might have a lot to do with the fact that I'd be really skeptical of any "Christian" coming out of CAR, too. Might also have quite a bit to do with the fact that the violence and atrocities islamofacists commit actually are encouraged by their primary holy book. The same cannot be said of the New Testament...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Have you read the book from front to back or just reading the tidbits that fit your scenario of Islam?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: neo96

Wasn't radical Christians that attacked on 9-11

Yes it was.

And everyone knows it.

Then they went on a "crusade" in Iraq.

It was Radical Christians that flew into the towers?

You know im not one to condemn a whole religion here Charlie and I respect the hell out of you, but it wasnt Christians that did that, nor is it Radical Chritians beheading people in the ME and taking large swaths of land to establish their Caliphate......

Inside job in my opinion.

Bush & Cheney & Rumsfeld et al.

We may differ, but I love ya bro.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Might have a lot to do with the fact that I'd be really skeptical of any "Christian" coming out of CAR, too. Might also have quite a bit to do with the fact that the violence and atrocities islamofacists commit actually are encouraged by their primary holy book. The same cannot be said of the New Testament...

And yet so much bloodshed in His name.
That's LS point.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Have you read the book from front to back or just reading the tidbits that fit your scenario of Islam?

I read the entire book in September/October, 2001. Still own the copy, still periodically fact check claims against it.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

And yet so much bloodshed in His name.
That's LS point.

How many people did Jesus Christ kill in His mortal lifespan, 'Trep? How many people did Mohammed kill? Muslims conquered Mecca under his command... that likely left a few marks. Meanwhile, Peter chopped off a Roman's ear, Jesus reattached it, and decried violence in His name.

Obvious BS is obvious. The claims of killing in Jesus' name expose themselves because Jesus was an actual man of Peace. I'm here to say you can't say the same about Mohammed with a straight face.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I read the entire book in September/October, 2001. Still own the copy, still periodically fact check claims against it.

So what did you get out of it?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Same ole, same ole. Obfuscation and deflection. The millions killed in Jesus name. BTW, who is this thread supposed to be about?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Obvious BS is obvious. The claims of killing in Jesus' name expose themselves because Jesus was an actual man of Peace. I'm here to say you can't say the same about Mohammed with a straight face.

But how many have killed in his name? That is the point. Radicals read a book of religion and interpret it wrong.

If the Quran is so bad...then why haven't all devout Muslims killed in Mohammads name.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Have you read and memorized the Christian bible from back to back, or all of the other holy books for every religion?

What a ridiculous argument.

I judge zealots by their actions and use the awesome power of the internet to find the primary souce for some of their statements and beliefs from their dogma. That does not make the quoted dogma any less dogmatic.
edit on 25-11-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

do you think those who turn a blind eye to the refugees are true Christians? cuz, I'm pretty sure that's not what Christ would do and goes against everything he tried to teach.

who gets to decide who is a true Christian and who isn't?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Have you read and memorized the Christian bible from back to back, or all of the other holy books for every religion?

I can't speak for LS but I have studied many different versions of the Bible and other texts as well. JW upbringing. Your point?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

What a ridiculous argument.

I judge zealots by their actions and use the awesome power of the internet to find the primary souce for some of their statements and beliefs from their dogma. That does not make the quoted dogma any less dogmatic.

So that would be a no and you are saying you only read the tidbits that fit your narrative of Muslims.

I too judge people but individually and understand that they are not a representative of the whole.

Do you?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join