It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, the MSM, why are we 'still' sucking it up??? Are we really this dumb as a race?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

Technically speaking, most humans are that dumb.

It's why I believe the Sumerian creation myth regarding the Anunaki creating humans as a slave race. It makes more sense as to why would be susceptible to things like religion and group think, and many others.

But worse, we are falling for the God is the good guy bulls#!t. He was never the good guy, basic statistical analysis of the Bible would tell you that.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Sadly, someone will always buy into that slimedrama....sometimes it's good to at least have the dialogue out in the open though....I know when they start beaming that crap into our heads it'll be Bedlam and the Dark Ages all over again.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Do you have any evidence to what you most likely regurgitated?

No! Well now that is startling young man.

Why wouldn't I like him? I'm not demented and unless I wanted
revenge for be'n born? Not hate'n life so yippers I love him.
I also have no desire to be in with the cool crowd because
when I'm around that crowd is around me.

Ummmm. Yes? God decides fates for you, me, everyone yes? In your eyes I mean. And you pray and ask for stuff every day?

Well a child dies in Africa every second of every day, just look it up. Not to mention children all over every other continent dying from disease, abuse, neglect.

Do you deny this happens daily? No, I thought not.
But you still 'love' god. I tell you what, why don't you just carry on being a good person (as I'm sure you are), but without god. And all the time you usually invest in praying, going to church, reading the Bible etc, instead invest it into voluntary work where you can go and help terminally ill kids in palative care. I can PROMISE you, you will do more good there, than praying to someone who clearly doesn't have the ability to even listen.
That promise stands by the way, and you are most welcome Sir
edit on 22/11/15 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

Technically speaking, most humans are that dumb.

It's why I believe the Sumerian creation myth regarding the Anunaki creating humans as a slave race. It makes more sense as to why would be susceptible to things like religion and group think, and many others.

But worse, we are falling for the God is the good guy bulls#!t. He was never the good guy, basic statistical analysis of the Bible would tell you that.

This is good stuff, I'm going to research this. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

All you have to do is prove the record in Genesis is wrong.

If you can't do that? Then you doubt out of total ignorance
that someone gave that account that knew what they were
taliking about for it to remain irrefutable by science right
up to today and beyond. No uncivilized human from that time
out of the caves should have been capable of that. Or maybe
you just believe what you want with out being able to give
good reason? Or make a better account of existence.

You can't do any of that either. So all you have is a well rehearsed
and extremely lousy opinion.

edit on Rpm112215v28201500000053 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Ummmm. Yes? God decides fates for you, me, everyone yes? In your eyes I mean. And you pray and ask for stuff every day?

Seriously? You would make God into your own genie in a bottle?
You really need a lesson on using commercial profiles for your
argument.

What's really sad is that you think you know something.
edit on Rpm112215v39201500000052 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

But to answer your question, sure, I'd go with choice one, if it was really an option. I don't see that as a real option however.

Thank you for allowing me to extracate the only answer

anybody with a brain would have for that question.

I ask you only to notice how the member to whom the

question was posed completely avoided it.

so you are saying the only intelligent answer is to choose your hypothetical oracle over a scientist? that doesnt seem very reasonable at all. harvard doesnt offer a class for oracles, nor does it hire oracles. cern doesnt currently have any oracles in employment either, nor does it request millions in funding for its divination department. these observations tell me something, even if you choose to overlook it. also, i answered your question. i picked the scientist because im not completely lacking in intelligence. so back your veiled condescension up a few inches, christian, and lets keep a civil tone to this discussion. jesus is watching remember.
edit on 22-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

argument.

Weak response, but I expected it.

Do you believe in God? - Yes
do you pray to god, especially when In need? - Yes
If a loved one dies, was it gods decision to say it was their time? - Yes
do you accept all of the above? - Yes.

So what's with the smart alec response? Oh yeah, I'm right.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

argument.
well, nobody ever prays for something they dont want. so i guess you could say god is like a genie. say three hail marys and your wish is my command. LOL!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

well, nobody ever prays for something they dont want. so i guess you could say god is like a genie. say three hail marys and your wish is my command. LOL!

You don't have to show off your ability to say stupid sh!t and
then put lol after it. Especially on this topic. humor is not
your friend amigo.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

so you are saying the only intelligent answer is to choose your hypothetical oracle over a scientist?

No way, ketch-up?

i'm bored! C-ya folks.
edit on Rpm112215v49201500000040 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

You don't have to show off your ability to say stupid sh!t and
then put lol after it. Especially on this topic. humor is not
your friend amigo.

and you know full well its against T&C to circumvent the language filter. just another rule you are willing to bend in that remakably flexible christian way of yours. regardless, you avoided my point...which is curious after the disappointment you displayed a few posts ago. or is this all just a game to you? also: tsk, tsk. jesus would weep. and finally, humor is always my friend. am i to take it you are out of rebuttals?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

All you have to do is prove the record in Genesis is wrong.

No, once again you have to prove it right. You're making the claim that it's correct, so prove it. Prove that woman was made from man's rib. Prove heaven. Prove genesis is correct since you're making the claim that it's true.

If you can't do that? Then you doubt out of total ignorance
that someone gave that account that knew what they were
taliking about for it to remain irrefutable by science right
up to today and beyond. No uncivilized human from that time
out of the caves should have been capable of that. Or maybe
you just believe what you want with out being able to give
good reason? Or make a better account of existence.

We weren't all cavemen when those stories were written. You keep saying I believe this or that out of ignorance yet I haven't said anything about what I believe. You're just insulting me because you can't back up your own claims and put all the proof on me. But you are making unproven claims as true not me. So it is you who has to show proof not me. You don't seem to get that for some reason.

You can't do any of that either. So all you have is a well rehearsed
and extremely lousy opinion.

I do??? What is my rehearsed opinion??? I'm asking you to prove the things you're saying which you already admit you can't do. Asking you to prove your claims isn't an opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Awen24

The assumption that religion of any sort is inherently foolish is a highly flawed one.
If you're really going to have "open ears" then perhaps you should stop closing them off to the possibility that there is intelligence outside of your own limited experience.

"The greatest hindrance to truth is the conviction that you already have it."

Prove it.

Or it is nonsense.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Awen24

Not offended, no...

I'd suggest to you that there is indeed a great deal of proof that demonstrates the existence of God.

No there is not. Not a single shred of evidence to prove there is an invisible magician who loves us all unconditionally and wants us to worship him, or it's off to the fires of hell we go.

NOT a single shred.

Christianity is unique in this aspect, in that "the Word became flesh, and walked among us". We're not pointing to histories written down hundreds of years after the fact, or relying on mythologies or hearsay. The King of Kings walked the streets of Jerusalem, sailed the sea of Galilee and died on a very real Roman cross.

So man's ability to be barbaric to his fellow man, is proof of god?

"Nail this guy to a cross." -- Suddenly God.

I don't think that's actually evidence.

The Bible says that "what may be known about God has been made manifest... for since the creation of the world, His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that men are without excuse."

All of heaven and earth are my evidence: design is everywhere you look, filled with irreducible complexity, complex mathematics and biological brilliance.

...and if all creation isn't enough, God Himself has given His Word to men - a book beyond comparison. 66 books, over 40 authors, written over 1500 years, and yet the same 'voice' speaks out of every word, every phrase, every passage. You think you're too philosophically sophisticated for religion? Read the book of Job, and tell me there isn't more wisdom there than you've ever dreamed of in your own mind. Think you're too smart? Read the book of Romans and marvel at the logical, legal mind of the apostle Paul. Think you're a visionary? Read Revelation and understand why the apostle John fell at the feet of Jesus Christ, portrayed in all His righteous glory as a holy, radiant judge.

You want to prove God doesn't exists? Humour me. Read through the book of John, and the book of Revelation - and come out the other side unchanged.

I'll ask god to prove he doesn't exist to you. How does that sound. If he doesn't say anything, then thats proof. Unless he does.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

so you are saying the only intelligent answer is to choose your hypothetical oracle over a scientist?

No way, ketch-up?

i'm bored! C-ya folks.
methinks you dont yet grasp the definition of "intelligent"...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

But going by science and facts, one side is clearly behind.

You are speaking of science being clearly behind I hope.
Because otherwise you're wrong. Science offers nothing
in answer to questions like, how did we get here,
why are we here and where the hell are we going?
" Science can tell us many things, but it can't tell
us what we ought to do" The media of course well
there's a perfect example of Godlessness for ya.

it offers a starting point. Religion offers nothing but stagnant 'belief'

No further evidence required other than some book written by men thousands of years ago, who wrote it to scare other weak minded men so as to control them.

Worked great too, look at the world today. Sheep everywhere.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
hey OpenEars....on page two you mentioned proof of God.......none but what about this....

math....that's in the science school of thought......so how about the math...

the probability of a man answering just some of the wild requirements for the Scriptural prophecy of the Messiah......is just 10 to the 42nd.........but science says that has no location.......meaning to write that number out in newsprint size fonts......it would far exceed the known universe..........

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Answer to OP: cause were a bunch of cowardly f-cking sheepish retards.....

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: randyvs

" Science can tell us many things, but it can't tell
us what we ought to do"
we fought a vicious bloody war for the right to decide that for ourselves, and we celebrate it every year in july. after everything we have lost to secure our independence and civil rights, our right to sink or swim by our own steam, it would be pretty thickheaded to turn around and say "no wait i changed my mind". not to mention that you should know what you ought to do, or be able to figure it out at least, without having to refer to the encyclopedia of superstitions.

You restated the quote but failed to refute it any way.

That you need someone to tell you how to be a nice person, does not mean god exists. It says more about how man is just not that evolved yet.

A book written by other men, mind you... not some god.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join