It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, the MSM, why are we 'still' sucking it up??? Are we really this dumb as a race?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: OpenEars123

You can't argue with this, you don't have to be religious to be good.

Trust me, this is not something you should argue.

Sure it's entirely possible to have all afore mentioned
virtues. Quite true! But what you can't argue is that
without God, everything is permissable.

Utter tripe. So without god you'd be a raping murdering molesting beast?

That's on you.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

What sounds like a better deal to you? An all knowing oracle
that mankind could go to in total trust, with any question?
Getting the best answer there could possibly to all our questions,
being the obvious know nothings we are?

Ooh goodie, where is he? I have a few questions myself. Best answer possible hey? Better be, and it better not be different for anyone else, my questions are the most important.

So where is this oracle?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

How the hell do you know mO?

I looked for him, but I can't find him anywhere. not good enough, you said in total trust too. Now what do I do, should I find one of his minions and ask that guy? I know where he is. In some fancy building surrounded by candles.

I mean really.. where is he.

You can't even answer the question the way I prescribed?
Who cares if it's a fantasy to you? That has nothing to do
with the answer you're avoiding. By saying it's fantasy you're
saying pretty much God doesn't exist. Hell even the OP knew
better than that.

God doesn't exist. Religion is a malady. Created to control simple people.

all knowing oracle.. lmao..

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
they show their work and defend their results and apply their education and are well respected for their success in all three.

Sounds like a lot of hard work. Much easier to say God did it, and point at a book.

Easy Peasy
* there ya go Op, in a nutshell, at least for religion

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Awen24
I do note that you also ignored my challenge. It's easy to be critical of something - far more difficult to actually engage with it and then hold a reasoned conversation on the topic.

A book written by men is not proof of anything otherworldly.

It was a dumb challenge... "Read the bible, then you'll see"

lol

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

But to answer your question, sure, I'd go with choice one, if it was really an option. I don't see that as a real option however.

Thank you for allowing me to extracate the only answer
anybody with a brain would have for that question.

Are you a representative of religion? One of the people who knows how to be nice?

Ahahahaha....

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The fact remains that there is no all knowing oracle for us to go to so unless you show where there is your question is pointless.

Prove to me God does not exist? You can't.

Prove to me there are no purple midgets living on the outer rings of Saturn.

Or are they God? Oh my God !! No wonder NASA wont tell us about them.

How, exactly, do you prove something isn't ? And you forgo logic for this? *groan*

And according to the record that doesn't have to
exaggerate your lack of knowledge to the topic.
That record states we once had a relationship with
the ultimate intel in the universe or possibly outside
the universe. Seems kind of fitting to me that we, us, mankind
wouldn't have made it to first primordial pool with out a
Creator. And that Creator God made us to have a relationship
with him. But you know, paradise lost! There goes that.
Further more I see no reason that lets you! Label anything
a fantasy.

You talk so much and say nothing.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Do you have any evidence to what you most likely regurgitated?

No! Well now that is startling young man.

Why wouldn't I like him? I'm not demented and unless I wanted
revenge for be'n born? Not hate'n life so yippers I love him.
I also have no desire to be in with the cool crowd because
when I'm around that crowd is around me.

*groan*

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You people aren't only wrong in stating your opinion as if it is fact.
The reasons why you've formed your negative opinions concerning
the best explanation for our entire existence are even more wrong.
It's hilarious, but I'm supposed to be sympathetic to your blockage.
I need to work on that for sure.
edit on Rpm112215v34201500000056 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

Why you're just as right as the rain sir!
edit on Rpm112215v44201500000006 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You people aren't only wrong in stating your opinion as if it is fact.

Actually it is you who ts stating your opinion as fact. Yes, you. That is all you've been doing while I've asked repeatedly to back it up and you admit you can't.

The reasons why you've formed your negative opinions concerning
the best explanation for our entire existence are even more wrong.

Really, what are those reasons??? You seem to think you know everything, even the reason for our opinions. That is amazing how you could know such things like what is going on inside the minds of others who you don't even know.

It's hilarious, but I'm supposed to be sympathetic to your blockage.
I need to work on that for sure.

What's hilarious is reading your arrogant dismissive attitude to anyone who dares question your beliefs. You remind me of the naked king proudly strutting around while other laugh at you because you believe you dawn the most fantastic robes.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

What's hilarious is reading your arrogant dismissive attitude to anyone who dares question your beliefs. You remind me of the naked king proudly strutting around while other laugh at you because you believe you dawn the most fantastic robes.

And you talk about me having fantasies?

What I believe is very simply more plausible then what
you think you know. That's it that's all.
That's all i've ever really said.
edit on Rpm112215v19201500000010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think the answers to the 2 questions in the title of this thread are:

1 - It’s basically how we model some sense of reality (MSM + other environmental influences) and how we accept our own mortality (religion).
2 - Yes.

IMHO, for the most part we’re a weak-minded species, and scared of our own shadow. Just because we lay claim to being the biggest fish in the fish bowl (Earth) doesn’t mean we’re the biggest fish in the sea. And if we are, how depressing...

I’m sure you, OpenEars, and many others understand that the picture painted by the MSM is biased at best, and outright fabricated at worst. I think in America our media is biased toward whatever version(s) of reality our corporations and government leaders wish to feed us. The same is true of every other country. In the end, noone agrees with anyone else. Have you ever played that game where you’re in a line of people and you whisper something into the ear of the person next to you, and then tell them to tell the person next to them? This is repeated until the last person in line has finally heard what the first person said. Then both the first and last person relate what was originally stated, the last person starting first. Even with a small number of people involved, they rarely relate the same thing. Now expand that to millions/billions of people, and what you end up with is total chaos where even the smartest people are sadly clueless. It’s a wonder we get anything accomplished.

Not being religious, my impression has always been that it’s like a crutch for most folks who just can’t accept the finality of death. So please, don’t try to convert/convince me. One thing I do know is religious differences have been responsible for more violent death and destruction than any of the weaponry we’ve ever developed.

So, in the final analysis, OpenEars, the only answer I’ve come up with is we’re clearly stupid. If we make it another 100 years without destroying ourselves it will be out of sheer dumb luck.

Have a nice day...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I don't pretend to have it all figured out, I don't espouse my belief system, I don't call people intellectually challenged for their beliefs, why do i have to keep defending my beliefs? If you stopped for a moment, and realized that you could learn from all of the people you were discounting, if all of us realized that we had so much left to learn, we could begin to move to the next plateau, but the pompous ass in all of us will leave us spinning our wheels in this never ending repetitive cycle. I am not offended by your post, just dismayed.
edit on 22-11-2015 by onthedownlow because: Typo

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Laminated soul....what do you think about the way our minds seem to " short circuit " when we think of infinity or the oddity that reality even exists, then next we have that old adage....if we think, therefore we are....but where are we....who are we and why are we here....with no one giving us even a hint of the answers......we kinda develop faith in there somewhere...huh!

there's more....this reality seems to be a " token economy "....a play stage where we learn I guess we learn spiritual things and the value of truth, telling the truth , or just how to get along with people......so we already have all that under our belt when we go to infinity or where ever one thinks we go, gotta go somewhere or all this magical existence is lost into oblivion.....but oblivion can't be because we were doing such good work here in reality....I have more

edit on 22-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

Stars , please....I'm out collecting stars TO nite

edit on 22-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

Thank you, thank you....I see that one up there....ain't she a butte
edit on 22-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Um. Regardless of whatever all you just mentioned, people are always going to be in their own delusions even if nobody believed in anything. That's why the world's screwed up. People are nuts. Especially when they believe nothing and have nothing to lose.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My post up there....I can't take credit for putting that together , that's not me.....I 'm all uncollected like...
The Holy Spirit was posting through me....My wife and I had just before stepped out back past the gate to rip one down....( yep, I rolled a number ).....I didn't put that speel together...Holy Spirit

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I'm a Christian....I don't have a religion

If you believe in the divinity of Christ your a part of that religion bud.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

The Mainstream media is the same as all other sources, it's all able to be manipulated depending on those who have access to manipulate it. Don't be thinking RT is better than CNN, or YouTube videos are some all-truthful version, or your fave ranting blogger is more noble.

Everything can be manipulated, and it will be by those who can. Your job, as a viewer, is to think for yourself and cut through the bs to get to the truth of it.

When it comes to religion, we are getting better. Religious belief is declining, and don't let any religious leader tell you otherwise (or xenophobic nationalist either).

All religious belief is shrinking, the younger generations are rejecting it more and more. The reason this is happening is education, whether that's because of state education becoming more scientific and secular or easy access to the internet.

The best thing we could do as a species right now is work to make sure that every child in the world has free and constant access to an online resource free of religious bias and ignorant influence. If we spent a couple of years manufacturing and delivering a way for kids to access an online school free of religious and nationalist nonsense, distributing this all around the world, within perhaps just a decade we would see a massive decline in terrorism - mainly because we would see a massive decline in religious stupidity.

Ignorance is learned, kids grow up in closed communities and families where religious indoctrination is done daily. We desperately need to get to these most vulnerable kids and show them that there is a massive diverse and fascinating world out there and that the beliefs of those around them are just one view.

We know this works, because it's worked in our own countries. Without TV, cinema and the Internet, millions of people would have grown up in their small town brainwashed by their religious elders into following a narrow and isolated path.

If any more evidence of this is needed, look at the religious fanatics and dictatorial regimes around the world right now and see how they deal with education. In short, they control it in order to prevent enlightenment, because they know that this enlightenment leads to individual freedoms and people thinking for themselves when it comes to that religion or government.

The UN should be making a plan right now to make this a reality. We need to be ready to supply this once we have dealt with Syria and others. We need to be there ready to educate these kids and prevent another generation of nutty religious freaks from growing up in their ignorant and isolated world of extreme beliefs.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If there is one thing that I`m most certain of in this revolting world, is who Jesus was, that Christ was foretold by the prophets of God, for 1000 odd years prior to Him coming God in the flesh, who came to die as a way that we all might believe and be saved, but that takes belief. Prophocies

He also said for the His gospel to be told throughout the world so that everyone has a chance to hear and that He will return.

People have been waiting or saying He is coming back now for nearly 2000 years, but the gospel needed to be told far and wide and other prophecies had to come true (one Israel became a nation again and God would breathe life back into his people and the land, this one prophecy was thousands of years old) and allow the world and those within it to choose with their God given free will.

The time is nearly upon this world of mass destruction ( but any of us could die in the next second) the foretold coming of the false messiah the satanic Anti-Christ of the end of days is fast approaching and the Muslims are awaiting their messiah who will be The Anti-Christ/formation of the ottoman empire which is described in prophecy as the little horn with a head wound and the seat of the Anti-Christ will be in Turkey. Which can be found in Daniel in the OT or revelations in the new testament.

Caliphate news This guy wants the caliphate and be set up by 2023.

Islam and Allah is NOT the God of the Bible, it is a satanic cult from its birth with the barbarian perverted Mohamad.

Here is what's being played out and how twisted Islam is on the Bible and Christ..

Think people please, I have no idea when this is going to happen but I know we are very close to all this end of days happening. Maybe within 10 years it could happen.

It will be glorious for those Christians who Christ knows believes and belongs to him, but not for the rest and Satan will be thrown in the pit where he belongs for a thousand years and will be let out once again to test us all. But for 3 1/2 years it will be hell on earth for all of us before Christs return who destroys Satan and anyone that doesn`t belong to Him.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join