It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Suspends Reporter For Tweeting Opinion On Refugees

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Lolz, CNN...

Reporter tweets mild opinion and CNN suspends her. Then reporters apologizes saying her Tweet was disrespectful.

Lolz, CNN...

Maybe things like this is why CNN has such low ratings.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Disrespectful to whom? The Statue of Liberty?

This is just stupid.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Was it the Statue of Liberty Tweet or this one?

I'm confused. But I'd fire her for spelling whining wrong.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I can't watch one minute of Cannedworms, let alone 7, sorry.

Renewsing the news…

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The Statue of Liberty tweet.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yet, you felt you wouldn't waste our time with your post?

But for you, I have another source.

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 20-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't agree with CNN's decision to discipline, especially since it's obviously selective. However I agree with and support their right to do it. Every employee of nearly every media outlet as well as any old business including small businesses, include in their contracts some variation of employees not making their companies look bad. Remember Phil Robertson and Donald Serling?

I almost put this on the rant forum today because I found it hilariously hypocritical that on every right-wing source I read on this suspension, pretty much applauded CNN's decision. The articles were arrogantly supportive and the comment sections... oh boy. Remember them losing their minds when Phil Robertson was suspended and the tone was that PC liberals were destroying liberty and free speech? Note: Elisa Labott tweeted this from her personal twitter not her CNN twitter and her tweet was obviously not the least bit offensive. Right-Wing Political Correctness in action.
edit on 11/20/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Islam is a religion of peace....

Sharia societies are AWESOME places for women, non-Muslims and especially homosexuals....

Radical Islam has NOTHING to do with Islam except the part where they base their radicalization on the Koran and hadiths...

Iraq was bubble gum sunshine rainbows before saddam was removed from power...especially for the Kurds...well, except when they got mustard gassed...

Any criticism of the "prophet" is a racist islamophobe...

The Mali massacre today had nothing to do with Islam especially when they freed dozens who were Muslim and could cite the Koran...

Did I miss anything from the ATS Islam apologist narrative...???

-Christosterone

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Your post has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Did I miss anything from the ATS Islam apologist narrative...???

I suppose not, but what you did miss was the entire premise of the thread. This is about CNN and a reporter that was suspended for a tweet.

What you posted is a very good example of the ignorance that must be dealt with on most issues.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

But, she was stupid enough to do it on a twitter account that linked her to CNN.

You can't fix stupid.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Opinions are not welcome on state-sanctioned institutionalized propaganda mouthpieces that are designed to inform ill-informed populations about who the enemy is and which politicians are good and bad (for your health and bank account).

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Speechless.
Even more speechless after seeing the tweet in which she apologizes.

No backbone

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
CNN should suspend/fire/punish the genius(es) who decided to keep the red "Breaking News!" banner on the screen most of the day. If you're always crying "Fire Fire!!", nobody pays attention to you after awhile.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Oh I'm sure shes tweeted plenty of opinions before so why was this one so bad? It was a very mild tweet, nothing I'd think I'd ever seen anyone get suspended for.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

House passes bill that could limit Syrian refugees. Statue of Liberty bows head in anguish @CNNPolitics cnn.it...

Which is no different than the Chinese Exclusion Act, or the Scott Act.

But then again the issue is WHAT ?

Has to go to the Senate, then off to the Potus.

The only sad part is news anchors, and the majority of Americans don't even know how their own government works.

Or what it has done in the past.
edit on 20-11-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Which is no different than the Chinese Exclusion Act, or the Scott Act.

You're assuming that this was a correct action and then concluding that restricting Syrian refugees must be okay too.

But then again the issue is WHAT ?

It's morally reprehensible and un-American to start.

Has to go to the Senate, then off to the Potus.

Yeah... ?

The only sad part is news anchors, and the majority of Americans don't even know how their own government works.

How does her tweeted opinion on what the House did today indicate that she doesn't know what happens next?

Or what it has done in the past.

See above.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You're assuming that this was a correct action and then concluding that restricting Syrian refugees must be okay too.

Well according to the Scott Act, and the Scotus. Limitations have been levied before, on numerous ethnic groups throughout US history.

Where's the problem ?

Congress has the RIGHT to make any legislation they want.

Then it gets kicked up to the Senate.

Then to the desk of the Potus to become LAW.

Where is the ISSUE ?

Other than the manufactured 'outrage' from Cnn, and people whining about refugees ?
edit on 20-11-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

It's morally reprehensible and un-American to start.

Open up a history book for crying out loud.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Scott Act (1888) was a United States law that prohibited Chinese laborers abroad or who planned future travels from returning. Its main author was William Lawrence Scott of Pennsylvania, and it was signed into law by United States President Grover Cleveland on October 1, 1888.

en.wikipedia.org...

During and immediately following World War II, Ellis Island was used to intern German merchant mariners and "enemy aliens"—Axis nationals detained for fear of spying, sabotage, and other fifth column activity. I

en.wikipedia.org...

Telling foreigners NO, and kicking them out has been the American way for close to two centuries.

UnAmerican my snip.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

After they fired Rick Sanchez I stopped tuning into cnn completely, not that I even own a television.
edit on 21-11-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join