It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Suspends Reporter For Tweeting Opinion On Refugees

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I guess we're all British then? We don't make a habit of telling foreigners no, the only times we have is when we've given into fear and propaganda.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
How dare TYT NOT be neutral in reporting the "news" (which they claim to do)
ALL they do is editorialize and rant their opinions tossing objectivity aside.
pot calling the kettle black while looking in a mirror.
I can't stand the way they pretend to represent the opinion of the vast majority.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: neo96

I guess we're all British then? We don't make a habit of telling foreigners no, the only times we have is when we've given into fear and propaganda.

Refugees are not legal immigrants though. If they want to stay thy need to get citizenship and renounce their former countries and assimilate into our culture. If not they go home after the fighting ends.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Refugees aren't illegal immigrants, they are refugees which is it's own legal term, granted after screening and approval and during the processing time are detained which then conveys legal authority to be in the United States. After being in the United States for one year refugees must apply for a green card if they want to stay, after they have their green card they can then follow the regulations and requirements to apply for legal residency.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

But, it had CNN associated with it. Also, it went against what CNN had to say.

Corporate America ain't no democracy

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It all seems a bit ridiculous and an overreaction from both the reporter and CNN to me. Regardless, I do generally support a private organization's right to set their own standards of behavior for employment.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Americans seem to have a very weird understanding of journalistic ethics.
You cannot claim to be a journalist while preaching your own bigoted, biased, ignorant views. Simple as that.
CNN is absolutely right to suspend or fire anyone bringing their reputation into disrepute, and that is certainly the case when someone working for them is showing a complete disregard for journalistic ethics.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I agree with you, but you have to understand that if we followed that part about 'bias' to the letter here in the US, you'd have to fire about 97% of the 'journalists' in the country on the spot. The American media, from both sides of the political isle, is the undisputed king of half-truths, outright lies and downright bull****.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

TYT?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Refugees aren't illegal immigrants, they are refugees which is it's own legal term, granted after screening and approval and during the processing time are detained which then conveys legal authority to be in the United States. After being in the United States for one year refugees must apply for a green card if they want to stay, after they have their green card they can then follow the regulations and requirements to apply for legal residency.

Don`t care,don`t want `em,don`t need `em,send `em back or don`t allow them in.
That is the end of that.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

That is the end of that.

Except it's not. A lot of Americans do want them and US law agrees.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

the young turds. (cept for cenk he's an old turd)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I know what TYT is, I don't know why they were mentioned...

ETA: Well, my foot's in my mouth. I never watched the video in the OP lol
edit on 11/21/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

edit on 21-11-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Did I miss anything from the ATS Islam apologist narrative...???

Yea, I think you may have missed the mark on this one.
"Radical Islam has NOTHING to do with Islam except the part where they base their radicalization on the Koran and hadiths..."

ISIS, that merry band of murderous terrorists are just "Radicalized Terrorists"; they ARE NOT Muslims and they are NOT followers of ISLAM. They are now framed as MEMBERS OF A DEATH CULT! Not.....a Religion, its a DEATH CULT!

Also, you're drop dead correct about the Mali massacre but I wish you'd explained WHY the fact they only freed Muslims who could read the Koran but by the same token, it had nothing to do with Islam, THE Religion of Peace. It happens that way because the ISIS Terrorists come from countries where the Koran is the ONLY book that's read or taught from in the schools. The ISIS Terrorists, being members of a DEATH CULT, have learned that "Muslims", being members of the Religion of Peace, are no threat to them.......so that's why they let them go! They can best identify the Muslim Peace Makers by asking them to recite the Koran. If you can't recite the Koran, then you might be an Evil Christian and those people are a threat to them because they know how to do EXORCISMS which reduce the number of people willing to fight and die for the DEATH CULT!

Think that about covers it.
edit on 21-11-2015 by TonyS because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Sunwolf

That is the end of that.

Except it's not. A lot of Americans do want them and US law agrees.

Over 50 percent dont want them in th eUS without vetting them first. Congress actually can refuse them since they control immigration/settlement issues. Article one its called. and its veto proof.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I don't agree with CNN's decision to discipline, especially since it's obviously selective. However I agree with and support their right to do it. Every employee of nearly every media outlet as well as any old business including small businesses, include in their contracts some variation of employees not making their companies look bad. Remember Phil Robertson and Donald Serling?

I almost put this on the rant forum today because I found it hilariously hypocritical that on every right-wing source I read on this suspension, pretty much applauded CNN's decision. The articles were arrogantly supportive and the comment sections... oh boy. Remember them losing their minds when Phil Robertson was suspended and the tone was that PC liberals were destroying liberty and free speech? Note: Elisa Labott tweeted this from her personal twitter not her CNN twitter and her tweet was obviously not the least bit offensive. Right-Wing Political Correctness in action.

And it's wrong. Your employer should have no say in how you personally conduct yourself. They're paying you to do a job, they're not your king and entitled to dictate your behavior when off the clock or when doing personal activities.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The Young Turks is just as much garbage as Fox News or MSNBC. I would stack anything they post to Youtube against a pile of crap and the pile of crap would win.

No, I was wrong. They're worse than Fox News and MSNBC combined.
edit on 11/21/2015 by EternalSolace because: Corrected myself.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I don't know where this not vetting them myth came from but I've never seen anyone stating it. The Bill that passed the House if it goes into effect, will suspend the refugee program until the new requirements are met. The vetting process already takes 18-24 months and who knows how long the process will take once the new requirements are in place and who knows how long it will take to get them in place. Our current vetting process is good, it didn't need to change.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I respectfully disagree. Should A&E not have been allowed to suspend Phil Robertson? I don't remember your stance on this if you presented one.

I don't support this particular instance because it seems selective on CNN's part but I also don't know what employees of CNN are required to agree to when they sign their contracts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join