It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met Police apology for women tricked into relationships

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

The Metropolitan Police has made an "unreserved apology" to seven women who were tricked into relationships with undercover officers.

Scotland Yard said the women were deceived "pure and simple".
The public apology and compensation covers sexual relationships conducted by officers from two now-disbanded undercover units.

In a statement, the women said it would never "make up for what we and others have endured".
Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt said that he wanted to be absolutely clear the relationships had been wrong.

He warned that any future officer who had a sexual relationship with someone they were targeting risked prosecution, even if they believed it was necessary in a life-and-death situation.

The unprecedented, undisclose

Met Police apology for women tricked into relationships

Are there no honest people anymore? This, to me, is quite disturbing. I don't know why police officers have to behave this way but this could also be relevant:

"They were deceived pure and simple. Whether or not genuine feelings were involved on the part of any officers is entirely irrelevant and does not make the conduct acceptable."

I would like to think I could trust the old bill but seeing stories like this appear is cutting that line of trust pretty thin. I realise a lot of folk here aren't so keen on the cops but I rather think they have a tough job. However, this kind of thing just shouldn't happen.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Is this the same story where the woman can't get the real names of the fathers because they were undercover?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

"Are there no honest people anymore?"

There are certainly no honest Police anymore, or if there are they are few and far between. There pretty much all as bent as a £3 note.
edit on 20-11-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Is it? Sorry - I thought this was a new story but it certainly sounds like it could be the same thing. Apologies if this has been posted before

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'm asking not telling. I recall an issue about one of those kids needing medical treatment from a blood relative but the mom couldn't get the information.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I think it is entirely right and proper that these apologies be made, but much more than that, the home office should provide the claimants with all and any assistance with therapy, childcare costs resulting from intercourse with police officers on undercover assignments, and essentially the children resulting from those relationships should be given all the help possible to overcome their fatherless status and have positive life outcomes.

There should always be a stiff cost associated with any such event. Furthermore, these long term undercover assignments... I note that one of the officers involved was part of the National Public Order Intelligence Unit. It might interest some here to know, that the sort of work they do, involves infiltrating and fitting up protest groups and regular demonstrators, to silence genuine political opposition by way of entrapping otherwise innocent protestors, by changing the dynamic of those groups from within, and leading them down paths which see them breaking the law and being arrested for it.

The sort of work which that section does, ought to be banned outright, because they are essentially agent provocateurs with approval from the home office. They are the ones lobbing bottles to justify riot squad being called in, the ones making the sort of trouble which "legitimises" horseback charges on student protests. Enemies of freedom, they are!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I draw the line at gathering intelligence, but long term loiterers (because that what these spooks are), and spooks who get into bed with the people they're spying on without breaking cover are people without any humanity.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 0hlord

That's just the thing.

These officers altered the natural course of events, the natural progression of the groups that they were a part of, the evolution of their manner of operation, not to mention bedding the very individuals they were meant to be gathering intelligence about. They were not there to gather intelligence, but to create it as well. The best cover for an agent in a protest group, is to be as vocal as possible and as radical a voice as any in the group, if not more so.

After all, who would think the most rabid and noisy member of a group was an undercover narc? It would seem outrageous, unthinkable even! True believers, that is what they would appear as, and of course, like any respected member of a social group, they would receive the lions share of the attention, both in matters pertaining to the groups activities, and in terms of the mating rights. That may seem an overly cold way of saying it, but I am trying to approach this topic from an anthropological standpoint, and so observed, the manner in which they have usurped the social dynamic of the groups they have infiltrated is obviously linked to the ease with which they achieved the outcome of these operations.

It is a horrid, dark, and unseemly business. One cannot uphold the law by committing injustices against the people. The two positions are mutually exclusive in their entirety.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Devious and malicious is how i would surmise there actions and intent, with the end always justifying the means.

Sorry just does not cut it. They have actively and willingly played with peoples life's and emotions, hardly synonymous with what our Police force should be about.

Fact is the crap these so called Police have perpetrated is illegal.
edit on 21-11-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join