It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GODS OF EGYPT Trailer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Egyptian god is Thoth making him the literal all knowing magic negro

but but.....they've been arguing about it for 200 years - hardly anything "new"

en.wikipedia.org...

In the 18th century, Count Volney wrote "The Copts are the proper representatives of the Ancient Egyptians" due to their "jaundiced and fumed skin, which is neither Greek, Negro nor Arab, their full faces, their puffy eyes, their crushed noses, and their thick lips ... the ancient Egyptians were true negroes of the same type as all native born Africans."[6][7] Just a few years later, in 1839, Champollion stated in his work Egypte Ancienne that the Egyptians and Nubians are represented in the same manner in tomb paintings and reliefs, further suggesting that: "In the Copts of Egypt, we do not find any of the characteristic features of the Ancient Egyptian population. The Copts are the result of crossbreeding with all the nations that successfully dominated Egypt. It is wrong to seek in them the principal features of the old race."[8] Also in 1839, Champollion's and Volney's claims were disputed by Jacques Joseph Champollion-Figeac, who blamed the ancients for spreading a false impression of a Negro Egypt, stating "The opinion that the ancient population of Egypt belonged to the Negro African race, is an error long accepted as the truth.... Volney's conclusion as to the Negro origin of the ancient Egyptian civilization is evidently forced and inadmissible."[9]
The debate over the race of the Ancient Egyptians intensified during the movement to abolish slavery in the United States, as arguments relating to the justifications for slavery increasingly asserted the historical, mental and physical inferiority of black people. For example, in 1851,

What I find funnier is how the 3 Abrahamic faiths usually disregard that their god Baal/jehovah/allah/adonai was more likely darker than white - and how "he's" depicted in most iconography. But I guess they wouldnt have as many converts if they were to know that they worshipped a "dark god" hmmmm

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
That looks atrocious, can't wait

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What I find funnier is how the 3 Abrahamic faiths usually disregard that their god Baal/jehovah/allah/adonai was more likely darker than white - and how "he's" depicted in most iconography. But I guess they wouldnt have as many converts if they were to know that they worshipped a "dark god" hmmmm

With the exception of Christians the other two Abrahamic faiths rarely have human depictions of God and prophets they are in fact hostile to sculpture , however the problem they all have is the fact that their religions came out of older traditions they now hold up to ridicule as paganism, and that's why the nose of the sphinx destroyed by a Sufi Muslim named Muhammad Sa'im al-Dahr. it wasn't a color thing that caused such vandalism because much of the vandalism was done by the newly converted locals themselves, one can see this in the attitude of the Taliban ,ISIL and other extremist groups, well the same thing happened when Christians took power under Rome.
edit on 26-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This movie will be on demand and to DVD in a heartbeat. Visually, it looks great, but its just so weird in concept, it won't do good box office. It'll do well just to make money back.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Ok lots of pretty damned good CGIs check.
Lots of action check.
Lots of seasoned big name actors check
Lots of British, or Australian accents check.
Lots of White people playing Kemetian Gods Check.

Nice, anything Egyptian catches my eye. I'm surprised i hadn't heard of this one, can't wait to see it.

Now if only John Gress' 1Anunnaki would finally come out with their movie, this year would be nice!

This is the closest i can get to an actual preview. ''Somebody'' stopped this movie from coming out.

edit on 1/22/2016 by awareness10 because: The Nines

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Kool looks like it could be a thing, however I wished they would take it back to prehistory .

edit on 22-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

meh, Not a big fan of way way over the top CGI craziness and cheesy comedic moments with my sci-fi films .

Although I enjoyed stargate and looking forward to the remake of stargate .

Having said that , I will probably check it out but without big expectations. Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join