It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hackers prepare to launch cyber attacks on ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
NY Daily

Awesome! Wish I could participate in that.

“Expect massive cyber attacks,” the male voice said. “War is declared. Get prepared. Anonymous from all over the world will hunt you down.” “You should know that we will find you and we will not let you go. We will launch the biggest operation ever against you,” the member added. The masked man read from a script as a newscaster with black and white clips of the response to the terrorist attacks in Paris.

Break down the PR machine. It's just a small step but every bit helps.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How much "preparation" do they need? Stocking up on red bull?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Shut down 1500 Twitter accounts already.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So, will hackers hacking IS be dragged through the courts if they are caught?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Nah, no one has ever caught all of Anonymous for the other big hacks. In fact, maybe Anonymous is really the NSA

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Nah, no one has ever caught all of Anonymous for the other big hacks. In fact, maybe Anonymous is really the NSA

Nah.

Cyberwar is one thing no government can do anything about. They have admitted that they have no defence against it, when China hacked Pentagon (Allegedly China....) The US couldn't do anything about it. They also stated that it is easier to hack, than to protect from hackers.

And in this with Anonymous, they could just mask their IP's and what not, done deal. I guarantee that they have a program, that mask their entire computer, so no traces will be left behind. That is atleast what I would do, if I were to hack something for real. VPN's are also a good start for noobs.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Seriously what damage can these hackers really do, shutdown Twitter and Facebook profiles

I am sure I am missing something but I don't really think they can do that much damage

Anybody fill me in on what Anonymous is capable and why IS should fear them, don't understand how you can defeat fundamentalists with guns and swords with computers

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Everybody should do what they can.

Lending their expertise in harassing ISIS is worth something

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

O noes now they can't tweet in the name of Allah..what ever shall they do..oh right bomb a school full of small children..maybe shoot up another concert but don't worry guys they wont be able to post about it with their terrorist buddies.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leprekon

O noes now they can't tweet in the name of Allah..what ever shall they do..oh right bomb a school full of small children..maybe shoot up another concert but don't worry guys they wont be able to post about it with their terrorist buddies.

Look at the power of the Internet. Social media and web sites generate a lot of emotions (we see that here on ATS). Shut that down and you've silenced them a bit.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Would anyone agree that if Anon did uncover a communications channel/method between terrorists, then they would give that information to the NSA? There would be reasons for and against for sure, but in the spirit of allowing professional military to use such information.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Would anyone agree that if Anon did uncover a communications channel/method between terrorists, then they would give that information to the NSA? There would be reasons for and against for sure, but in the spirit of allowing professional military to use such information.

Somehow, I don't see them cooperating with the establishment. They seem to be genuinely against heinous acts though.
edit on 11-18-2015 by LogicalGraphitti because: spelling fix

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Somehow, I don't see them cooperating with the establishment. They seem to be genuinely against heinous acts though.

I tend to agree, but if there was such a thing as moral obligation...

Their definition of heinous would be interesting, since it really defines wicked, evil, atrocious, monstrous, abominable....., which describe the terrorist acts themselves, but really do not describe the retaliation.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

In fact, maybe Anonymous is really the NSA

I've always wondered about it, it would be very convenient for them.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This Just in:

Cyberwar between Islamic State and Anonymous heats up with planned attacks from both sides

www.news.com.au... es/news-story/80f51e93666dd7d3815489868f1dd49c

THE cyberwar between Anonymous and Islamic State has just escalated, with the terror group firing back and innocent victims getting caught in the crossfire.

Just as Anonymous took responsibility for removing more than 5500 Twitter accounts linked to Islamic State, the terrorist organisation has responded with a message of its own.
Posting to a channel for terrorist hackers on encrypted chat app Telegram, Islamic State has claimed to be “owners of the virtual world”.

An initial message written in Arabic and English urged members of IS to unite and update their Twitter profile pictures to show the image of a black shoeprint on the French flag.
This was followed with a secondary message, written only in Arabic, which promised Islamic State would strike back at Anonymous.

Rachel Bryson discovered the message when examining IS propaganda for the Quilliam Foundation — a controversial research institute claiming to challenge Islamic extremism.

“[The message] states that there will be something coming and that we should stay tuned and watch out as [ISIS] declares themselves as the owners of the virtual world,” she described to Business Insider.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Right, go on Anonymous, lets cripple ISIS. Please bring these masters of terror down. We are all behind you.

Hack away.

I betcha don`t. Bet your involvment is minimal.

Time to put up or shut up!!!!

I reckon hacking 5500 twitter accounts has hardly got ISIS shaking in their boots tbh....on the grand scale of things.

edit on 18-11-2015 by fenian8 because: the last bit.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: fenian8
Right, go on Anonymous, lets cripple ISIS. Please bring these masters of terror down. We are all behind you.

Hack away.

I betcha don`t. Bet your involvment is minimal.

Time to put up or shut up!!!!

I reckon hacking 5500 twitter accounts has hardly got ISIS shaking in their boots tbh....on the grand scale of things.

Maybe they aren't shaking in their boots but, as CaptainBeno posted, it looks like they got their attention. But, since Anonymous is, well, anonymous, they won't be easy to target. Besides, I doubt Anonymous has any hard assets to hit in cyberspace. This should be interesting.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Everybody should do what they can.

Lending their expertise in harassing ISIS is worth something

My question is what can they do

So what can they actually do

top topics

join