It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take That, ISIS: Nearly a Third of Kurd-Yazidi Coalition Fighters are Women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Not that they have much choice. They fight or they die or they become sex slaves if they fail.

The fighters who took Sinjar? Nearly 1/3 women.

The chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee noted that the Kurdish-Yazidi coalition of fighters that ousted ISIS from Sinjar and cut off an Islamic State supply route this week is nearly a third women.

Let's hear it for some real feminists down for the struggle.

As if they didn't have enough motivation to fight already, the fighters found clear evidence of genocide once they retook the city and nearby villages: mass graves with men, women and children. Elderly women were separated from the younger ones and killed because they were deemed too old to be sex slaves.

You don't see these ladies taking off for Europe. They're fighting for their lives and their homes along with the men and the other women.

Why don't they get any support?

Arms for the Kurds go through Baghdad, where the supplies get stuck with the beleaguered Iraqi army. Lawmakers have been trying to put a fix in the National Defense Authorization Act "in order to force that issue with the president," Royce said.

"The prime minister of Iraq and the prime minister of Iran object to the idea that the United States would arm the Kurds, the Yazidis, the Christians, the others who are fighting ISIS up there. They want it all run through the Shia-led government in Baghdad," he said. "And I can tell you that after two years of us failing to be able to get any kind of cooperation there, they tell us they need, they must have, that artillery, the anti-tank weapons, the long range mortars, because they're dealing with - against ISIS."

It's complicated but basically, the Iraqi Army gets first pick, and both the Iraqi and Iranian ministers object to the idea of arming the Kurds, arming religious minorities, arming women. They'll cut off their nose to spite their face ... or they prefer ISIS because the chaos ISIS causes is something the currently Shi'a governments in both nations can exploit to their own benefit against the Sunni regimes in the area - notice how conveniently the Iraqi Army "arms" ISIS with our equipment?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Though the conditions that make this necessary are horrible, It's very awesome to see.

If I were one of them, I would anoint each bullet with menstrual blood. Make them fear for their souls before raiding my village.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The U.K are assisting the struggle with regular bombing sorties in the region. They killed 30 Daesh fighters with one attack yesterday.
edit on 18/11/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If they die in battle do they get 72 virgins too?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I read this too. What's more disturbing is these mentally disturbed males have mothers and grandmothers who approve of these crimes against women and their own mothers, middle aged on up to those who are senior, are not sex slaves and live well. Their moms should be whipping their islamic fannies but that's too close to their public lashing fetish. The grandmas and moms need to be held accountable for their hatred towards other women. I read someone say on another forum about gathering them up, interrogating them to find out if effort was made to stop them, and if not, incarcerating them to serve time apoligising to rape and assault victims along with doing community work.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I understand why Iraq and Iran dont want the kurds to have modern weapons... I disagree with it rabidly but I understand their reluctance.

The Kurds are almost universally reviled in that region because back in the day.. kurds would grow strong and raid anyone and everyone around them.. so long time trust issues.

To bad they havent caught up with modern times... the kurds just want their own country so they can keep all kurdish people safe, they have repeatedly expressed a desire to work with people that will deal with them on even footing.. I do not believe they have any desire to subjugate another group of people.

We need to directly supply them... we have screwed them over since '91 and still like us and deal with us honestly... women have freedoms other religions are free to worship in kurdish areas, they are insanely progressive compared to the rest of the region.

Bush Sr should have stuck to his word and backed the Kurdish people when they rebelled against sadaam.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

If they did the whole encounter would last 144 seconds.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: deadeyedick

If they did the whole encounter would last 144 seconds.
BRILLIANT!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I have watched many hours on YT of the recent battles in Iraq, Syria such as, Kobane, Sinjar
The woman where the deciding factor in Kobane because many men were killed in months prior.
A defected Syrian Army soldier was voted as leader of Kabane defense and was also the deciding factor...quite amazing leadership skills. I hope he is still alive.

American Jordan Matson was featured in the Vice News repots. A few months after securing Kobane he was killed.
IB Times

They need a Kurdistan of their own.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I know I'm not the first to say this but for the longest time I've thought that the only way all this Islamic Extremism crap is going to stop will be when the women in the backwards areas of the Middle East finally stop being treated like garbage.

Please note I specifically said the "backwards areas".... NOT the entirety of the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

I completely agree. The kurds have been treated horribly in the ME. Maybe they were raiders, but which group in the ME hasn't been?

And here they are fighting tooth and nail for their piece of turf. I think they've earned it.

edit on 18-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The Iraqi army is made up of Kurds, Sunni, Shiites, and others. The Iraqi army have abandoned their posts in the past and dropped their weapons while fleeing, hence ISIS getting ahold of US military hardware. Some Iraqi army Sunni's have switched sides but to say the Iraqi army conveniently arms ISIS is false. To present that as a malicious plot by the Shiite Iraqi led gov't is chock full of ignorance and lies which has no basis in reality.

edit on 18-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

join