It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Issues Finally Gain Recognition On Capitol Hill

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Is it supposed to? All I was saying is that sexual orientation is not something that is known unless you advertise or make it known. See you don't want just equal protection you want to shove it in other peoples face.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Correct, i want to shove it in everyone's face, all the hate and discrimination we face is obviously our fault, why are we so GLBRQ+? obviously just for attention...

i mean, obviously only GLBtQ+ people express themselves this way just to shove it in your face.. kind of like wearing a Gay Cross

now you and everyone can sleep good at night knowing it's not your prejudice and bias, it's our fault

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Don't you just love it when other people tell you what you believe and what you want?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Casting blame and acting like a victim isn't helping anything. This is about being able to wear your dresses in public since you enjoy every other freedom an American does as noted in numerous other post. It isn't until you volunteer the information that someone is in a position to judge. I am sure neo-nazi skinheads don't make it a point to tell the land lord or waitress about their particular lifestyle and I am sure you wouldn't want to have some Nazi living next door to you? He might victimize you....you know since you present yourself as a victim.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Almost as bad as people who create erroneous conclusions from data (when no conclusions are made) in support of their claims and rely on the general laziness of others in fact checking to make a point.....

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yeah also like when people try to refute data just because they don't like the conclusions being presented yet provide no data of their own.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

uh huh you mean when the data you present doesn't say what you say it does? I don't have to present data to disprove your claim when the data was in the information you yourself provided.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Sure whatever you say there buddy.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Care to answer this post you ignored from Transgender woman Vicky Thompson, 21, found dead in all male prison.

a reply to: Krazysh0t You posted some studies and now (on your word alone) that represents a consensus among the scientific community? This is anecdotal simply based on your interpretation and there is nothing you have shown that illustrates any sort of "consensus". I thought you only stick to the facts? You also brushed aside everything else I said in regards to the actual science. Which part of the studies you have cited said that society has to make changes in order to accommodate transgender people? Where did it say everyone who does not agree with your view is wrong? Which journal was it that had the paper saying that pronouns should be used differently?

I didnt think so.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
a reply to: Annee

They already belong to one of the main groups of which their sub group derives. Such as man or woman, abled, disabled, (insert religion), race or ethnicity. Just like you stated trans people are covered under the Disability act so no further legislation needed.

But, you're wrong.

In theory, nothing should be needed beyond Equal Rights. But, that's not how it works in reality.

Some people object to those who are different. Our legal system allows them to officially object in various ways. They can get signatures and get it on a ballot to vote on.

It is the OBJECTORS who create the subgroups in a legal fight to deny Equal Rights.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Really? So its the objectors who came up with the term "GLBTQ"? The objectors created the parades and merchandise? The objectors are the ones promoting people like Bruce Jenner? Give me a break that might work on more feeble minds but its not going to fly here.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

All of those questions are erroneous and not a single one is something I've said or implied that I or transgendered people want. I'm not going to answer leading questions like that. Plus it from a post in another thread.

The fact is I'm not going to play your silly game of tit-for-tat. I see what you are doing, and I'm not in the mood for it. You've clearly got a few other posters you've hooked with this game already. Play with them. I'M moving on. I've decided that you've built up a wall of confirmation bias to agree with you and nothing I say or present is going to change your mind. So I'm moving on

PS: This is where you declare victory by default because you chased off the entire other side of the debate.
edit on 23-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
In other news....more than 300 were SHOT in Paris, and there is a literal CALIPHATE being spread in the Mid East, which beheads....rapes...children...and kills Gays by throwing them off of buildings.

But hey, Transgender stuff!

Yeah, we all live for world disasters.

Forget that we actually have lives we have to live everyday in our own place and time.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So in other words you refuse to answer the questions because you cant. Those conclusions were not made in the data you provided they were conclusions made by yourself. You are saying that you did not call for the misuse of pronouns? You didn't say that there was a "consensus" among the scientist studying the subject?I think you are just cornered at this point and are trying to distance yourself.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yep you got me.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

All I was saying is that sexual orientation is not something that is known unless you advertise or make it known. See you don't want just equal protection you want to shove it in other peoples face.

That's just not true at all.

While some can meld into the crowd others can't.

It is the OBJECTORS who are calling them out and denying them Equality. Not the other way around.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Really? So its the objectors who came up with the term "GLBTQ"? The objectors created the parades and merchandise? The objectors are the ones promoting people like Bruce Jenner? Give me a break that might work on more feeble minds but its not going to fly here.

There would be no need for organized subgroups if everyone was treated Equally.

Term? How is GLBTQ a term? It's an acronym.

GLBTQ are not denying themselves Equality.

edit on 23-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

www.lgbtqnation.com...

How dare these people be so openly Gay....

And how dare theses people live their authentic life

www.lgbtqnation.com...
edit on 23-11-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

www.lgbtqnation.com...

How dare these people be so openly Gay....

And how dare theses people live their authentic life

www.lgbtqnation.com...

Oh, but of course, they asked for it by not hiding their gayness.

Gays should only rent duplexes so they can fake separate entrances to their home.

(Made me think of: "Holiday Heart")

edit on 23-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join