It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Blood on his hands’: CIA officials, others implicate Snowden disclosures in Paris attack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
‘Blood on his hands’: CIA officials, others implicate Snowden disclosures in Paris attack

Yeah, I'll run out and believe any government smear job against the man who outed their corruption!
A completely credible source! *__-

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

The officials who are blaming Snowden for their morally bankrupt leadership and incompetence, are the same people who were over operations that terrorized Iraqis and Afghanis with bombs, tortured neighborhood store owners and blew up Shiite mosques to foment religious sectarianism. That's the hypocrisy that compels whistle blowers to open the Pandora's box. He (Snowden) said that it was a very difficult decision fraught with duality. I personally thank him for sacrificing his own freedom and future to assure my own.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
NP

edit on 22-11-2015 by Gianfar because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2015 by Gianfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

yes, if they were reading all your sexts and letters to grandma. IF you are not flagged, then they are not wasting their time reading your crap.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

yes, if they were reading all your sexts and letters to grandma. IF you are not flagged, then they are not wasting their time reading your crap.

But that's how it starts. Mass Surveillance and a police state with laws that are vague.

What I mean is that everything is collected and kept and is searchable. You could get flagged in error or by someone in power or by someone who doesn't like you. Then you could be picked up and held as an enemy of the state. Not a criminal, not a prisioner of war, not charged with anything and you could be tortured by having food stuffed up your rectum. No contact with your family for years and you could just die in a black site either in the states or one of our allies.

Absolute power corrupts especially with no checks and balances. It's in our constitution and amendments for a reason. These freedoms were deemed very, very important.

Again, they have this in North Korea, China and Russia. North Korea has very, very low crime, and Zero terrorist attacks and yet...I don't want to live there. Why is that?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

paranoid much? AGAIN...no one wants to read your sexts, letters to Grandma or see your dick pics. However, if you are plotting to bomb the pentagon...then there may be a team investigating all of your dick pics, sexts, etc. as well as your plots.

If you are flagged by chance and it IS possible, then CIA agents might see your dick! However, they are not doing it for pleasure and you will never meet them in person, they cannot exchange that info, they cannot do anything but peruse it and look for what their objective is...Terrorist Plots.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

paranoid much? AGAIN...no one wants to read your sexts, letters to Grandma or see your dick pics. However, if you are plotting to bomb the pentagon...then there may be a team investigating all of your dick pics, sexts, etc. as well as your plots.

If you are flagged by chance and it IS possible, then CIA agents might see your dick! However, they are not doing it for pleasure and you will never meet them in person, they cannot exchange that info, they cannot do anything but peruse it and look for what their objective is...Terrorist Plots.

I think you miss the point.

There is a reason that our forefathers and millions of people in the USA believe that and I quote ..."The Fourth Amendment originally enforced the notion that “each man’s home is his castle”, secure from unreasonable searches and seizures of property by the government. It protects against arbitrary arrests, and is the basis of the law regarding search warrants, stop-and-frisk, safety inspections, wiretaps, and other forms of surveillance, as well as being central to many other criminal law topics and to privacy law."

If you are correct then why do we need the 4th amendment or any of these laws? Again, there is a reason for this. It's not my paranoia.

You apparently don't like privacy or the 4th amendment. I believe in the constitution of the United States of America. And I served the country to uphold that as have millions of other veterans. I would argue that you should perhaps move somewhere like North Korea where they have all kinds of surveillance. It's very safe there. No terrorist attacks, little crime. It's a utopia for people like yourself.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The bureaucrats appointed by the Obama administration are always looking for a scapegoat to divert attention from their own ineptness.

For the next few years, Snowden will be blamed whenever a terrorist attack is successful. Otherwise, the ignorant masses might start to wonder how much safety the American people actually gain from allowing the alphabet agencies to violate our privacy rights in wholesale fashion.
edit on 24-11-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

I'm beginning to think that every successful "terrorist attack" is staged by those who benefit from the war on terror, those instilling fear in the people.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

To compare us to N. Korea is asinine. There is NOOOO comparison.

Sorry I cannot go back and forth with you anymore, starting to feel like a broken record.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Sorry I cannot go back and forth with you anymore, starting to feel like a broken record.

Me too. 4th amendment though. You should look into it. It's important.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Pretending all is great and we are not giving up our rights... yep... this kind of ignorance leads us right there...

Government is like little greedy animal, give it a finger, it will want whole hand...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Anyone with a brain can see this is just a smear job on Snowden, and honestly, even if he somehow did reveal a flaw in the NSA's useless and rights-infringing surveillance it's their own fault for not fixing it.

Unfortunately, it would seen that brains tend to be in short supply nowadays.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Have you ever lived in CHina? N. Korea? I havent, but I know that is what a greedy government acts like. Please tell me when in your life our Gov't treated you so badly that you were brainwashed into worshipping a certain religion, president, ideology or else you were imprisoned or shot?

We have amendments and rules, agree, however our government also has a job to protect its citizens. If rules be broken to do so, then Im ok with it. I have nothing to worry about. I have faith that our government will not turn out like CHina's.

Assuming they want to take a whole hand is just that... Assumption. ANd you know what people who assume are...right?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Have you ever lived in CHina? N. Korea? I havent, but I know that is what a greedy government acts like. Please tell me when in your life our Gov't treated you so badly that you were brainwashed into worshipping a certain religion, president, ideology or else you were imprisoned or shot?

We have amendments and rules, agree, however our government also has a job to protect its citizens. If rules be broken to do so, then Im ok with it. I have nothing to worry about. I have faith that our government will not turn out like CHina's.

Assuming they want to take a whole hand is just that... Assumption. ANd you know what people who assume are...right?

I actually did live in similar government like China's and I know first hand how corruption can eat government into extinction and anarchy. But I also know that they did not get their power from start, but slowly got them without people objecting or being aware what's being taken from them or how they got exploited.

Secrecy and 'above the law' is issue and changes made in rush can lead us not to be like China or North Korea, but to be even worst then that... we would be more like them on steroids...

So, let's not forfeit all rights for freedom, because what good is a freedom if you don't have any rights?!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I guess you have to choose between assuming you will lose all of your freedoms and protection.

I choose protection. I can see why some would choose 4th amend. in all its power and glory though, I just don't agree.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Sure, let me ask you this little question - if you are for protection, are you for registration of all guns in USA?

Not sure why, but this is on my mind while talking about this: First they come...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I don't understand why there would be an issue with all guns being registered. Am I missing something?

However, this is apples to my oranges, off topic. We are talking about amendment 4 and the assumption that the govt wants to take it all away and control us in order to protect us.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Here's an updated version based on what's currently going on in the Republican Party:

First they came for the Poor People, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not a Poor Person.

Then they came for the Muslims, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not a Muslim.

Then they came for the Black Activists, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not a Black Activist.

Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me.

...are you speaking out for the terrorists?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join